PDA

View Full Version : Greg Williams turned down his contract offer??

Tatonka
07-24-2003, 05:48 PM
i heard on the wnsa report that GW was the one who turned down the report because TD lowballed him? apparently he is chosing to roll the dice and get a big deal at the end of this year..

the reporter stated something like he was irritated today about it or something.. irritated by the questions? anyone got a scoop on this?

NewYorkCity Backers
07-24-2003, 06:01 PM
I heard it too.

Is this guy digging his own grave or something?

WG
07-24-2003, 06:05 PM
I think the fans have a shovel in hand too...

Tatonka
07-24-2003, 06:07 PM
i dont mind man boobs.. just dont punt on the opponents 35, and i will be happy.. is that asking for too much?

Halbert
07-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Actually it could be a great move.

NewYorkCity Backers
07-24-2003, 07:42 PM
I hope Williams succeeds! I Williams wins, the Bills win, and I am happy.

Earthquake Enyart
07-25-2003, 07:48 AM
I don't blame TD for lowballing GW. The freaking guy is 11-21.

Historian
07-25-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I don't blame TD for lowballing GW. The freaking guy is 11-21.

Here Here!!! Its a pretty gutsy move by a guy who is 11-21!

Even if he doesn't re-sign, he will still have more of our money than he will ever be able to spend in his lifetime.

TedMock
07-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Under most circumstances I'd agree. Truth be told, I don't think Vince Lombardi could've won with the 2001 team. That was just an aweful situation to be in. Last year he did make some poor decisions but we also know that the players never quit on him and that the defense, with a huge lack of talent, kept improving. The guys a great defensive coach and a very good motivator. I think he's going to be good. I question Gilbride's calls much more than Williams'. As far as I'm concerned, the players not quitting and actually buying into his philosophy is HUGE. That says a lot right there. Now, if they go 8-8 this year with the talent on this team then I'd absolutely say he's gotta go. This is the first year he'll actually have a fair assessment.

Earthquake Enyart
07-25-2003, 09:40 AM
I agree with you Ted. But, I can't think of an example where I thought he outcoached the other team in two years.

TedMock
07-25-2003, 09:48 AM
I don't think he really outcoached anyone either. I just think that he has the intangibles and now it's a matter of learning from past mistakes. Hopefully he does that. Otherwise he falls into the great coordinators who weren't great head coaches category. A la Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Pete Carroll etc.. Hey, it happens and somehow I don't think being an NFL coordinator is exactly a suck job! Let's just hope he succeeds.