PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Fitzy will be a FA again

Forward_Lateral
03-08-2016, 06:23 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25507843/ryan-fitzpatrick-to-hit-open-market-reportedly-far-from-deal-with-jets

I feel for the guy, to be honest. He plays his ass off, and gets rewarded by getting crapped on. I would take him on my team every day of the week, twice on Sundays.
He has more heart than 99% of the players in the league.

Joe Fo Sho
03-08-2016, 06:39 AM
I think he's going to make some pretty decent money over the next couple of years. I wouldn't call that 'getting crapped on.' The guy has gone from backup to starter on every team he's been on, I don't feel bad for him at all. I hope he goes to a team that I'm able to root for on Sundays, unlike the Jets.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-08-2016, 06:40 AM
I can honestly say I have more heart than any NFL player if they allow me to play Sundays. Unfortunately my heart does not overcome any of those guys' physical ability to beat me. Bottom line win counts in NFL.

Forward_Lateral
03-08-2016, 06:48 AM
I can honestly say I have more heart than any NFL player if they allow me to play Sundays. Unfortunately my heart does not overcome any of those guys' physical ability to beat me. Bottom line win counts in NFL.

He won 10 games last year.

gebobs
03-08-2016, 07:06 AM

I think he's approaching his Freddy Jackson moment though.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-08-2016, 07:44 AM

He was also handed a chance to lead his team to the playoffs in the 4th quarter of a one score game and ended the year with three consecutive INTs. Fitz just can't get over that hump.

Victor7
03-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Once Bradford got handed that ridiculous 18 mill a year contract the Fitz thing became impossible for both sides. If you are the Jets you can't hand out that type of money for a guy like Fitz. And if you are Fitz there's no way you take less than ****ing Sam Bradford.

But this is good news for us. That means Geno Smith is next man up. Just as I always say we go into each season 0-2 because of the Pats games I might chance my stance to 2-2.

Mr. Miyagi
03-08-2016, 08:09 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25507843/ryan-fitzpatrick-to-hit-open-market-reportedly-far-from-deal-with-jets

I feel for the guy, to be honest. He plays his ass off, and gets rewarded by getting crapped on. I would take him on my team every day of the week, twice on Sundays.

He's a nice guy and all, but heart alone isn't enough. Unfortunately his ability is average at best. He's basically Rudy, all heart but no skills.

Mr. Miyagi
03-08-2016, 08:11 AM
He was also handed a chance to lead his team to the playoffs in the 4th quarter of a one score game and ended the year with three consecutive INTs. Fitz just can't get over that hump.
Both times we played them last season he lost the game with an INT. That's consistent with how he played for us.

sukie
03-08-2016, 08:48 AM
Once Bradford got handed that ridiculous 18 mill a year contract the Fitz thing became impossible for both sides. If you are the Jets you can't hand out that type of money for a guy like Fitz. And if you are Fitz there's no way you take less than ****ing Sam Bradford.

But this is good news for us. That means Geno Smith is next man up. Just as I always say we go into each season 0-2 because of the Pats games I might chance my stance to 2-2.

I LOVE Geno Smith............................................................................ as a Jet.

Mace
03-08-2016, 08:51 AM
You'd think by now, the guy would realize how the pattern goes, recognize his own deficiencies, and maximize a safe comfortable, workable Gailey situation again to remain a starter with money he can count on.

No other team will hand him the reins, and if they do, he won't do well again. He'll go from starter to backup and make less. Bradford just isn't comparable.

Fitzpatrick is pricing himself out of his best chance for success and income in his long run, which gets shorter every year now. Shame.

chernobylwraiths
03-08-2016, 09:39 AM
I have always like the guy, but I think he is bad luck. He always ends up being the starter, not because he was necessarily more talented, but because the starter either got hurt or played way worse than he had in the past.

Forward_Lateral
03-08-2016, 10:05 AM
He's a great backup QB, and an avg starting QB who shows flashes of greatness, and flashes of awfulness.

chernobylwraiths
03-08-2016, 10:08 AM
I would love to have Fitz back as our backup QB.

Forward_Lateral
03-08-2016, 10:09 AM
I would love to have Fitz back as our backup QB.

Me three

stuckincincy
03-08-2016, 01:03 PM

If we can't feel for multi-millionaires set for life at the age of 33, who can we feel for? :cheers:

Forward_Lateral
03-08-2016, 01:11 PM
If we can't feel for multi-millionaires set for life at the age of 33, who can we feel for? :cheers:

Don't forget have a Harvard degree

Night Train
03-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Fitz will be a teams starter while they groom a younger guy. He will not be a backup.

stuckincincy
03-08-2016, 01:50 PM
Don't forget have a Harvard degree

Within 15 minutes of meeting them, a person will inform you if

A) They attended Harvard.

or

B) They are from Texas.

:cheers: