PDA

View Full Version : 5 of the top 7 cap hits are on the lines

X-Era
03-09-2016, 04:02 AM
There has been a perpetual sentiment that the Bills don't care about the trenches; that we don't invest in the lines. Yet 5 of the top 7 cap hits this year are on the lines. Incognito's deal probably comes in around 10th at 5+ mill per.

Dareus
Glenn
Kyle
Hughes
Wood

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Furthermore, we tagged the LT we drafted and re-signed Incognito. That will likely be the bulk of our free agent spending this year. We even cut other players to free up room to do so. We do appear to invest in our lines. Incognito is the only starter on the OL that we didn't draft. Furthermore, the bulk of the Bills OL are players we drafted and drafted in higher rounds.

Glenn- round 2
Wood- round 1
Miller- round 3
Henderson- round 7

Kujo- round 2
Cyril- round 5

We draft them, we sign them, and then pay to keep them. Is it still the same old Bills? It doesn't seem to be.

Topas
03-09-2016, 04:20 AM
I forgot. What is the tag for OTs?

YardRat
03-09-2016, 04:37 AM
I think it's $13.7 mil...and, Hughes isn't a lineman in Wrecks' defense.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-09-2016, 08:05 AM
There has been a perpetual sentiment that the Bills don't care about the trenches; that we don't invest in the lines. Yet 5 of the top 7 cap hits this year are on the lines. Incognito's deal probably comes in around 10th at 5+ mill per.

Dareus
Glenn
Kyle
Hughes
Wood

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Furthermore, we tagged the LT we drafted and re-signed Incognito. That will likely be the bulk of our free agent spending this year. We even cut other players to free up room to do so. We do appear to invest in our lines. Incognito is the only starter on the OL that we didn't draft. Furthermore, the bulk of the Bills OL are players we drafted and drafted in higher rounds.

Glenn- round 2
Wood- round 1
Miller- round 3
Henderson- round 7

Kujo- round 2
Cyril- round 5

We draft them, we sign them, and then pay to keep them. Is it still the same old Bills? It doesn't seem to be.

The Bills have always loved the defensive line, it's the OL that has been lacking. I am happy that Whaley is attempting to rectify that.

DesertFox24
03-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Believe it or not I actually like us not overpaying for someone else's player. I would rather overpay Glenn and Gilmore.

Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come. Good drafting and keeping our own.

Mace
03-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Well though, we have the holes at DE, Ryan version NT, Miller still has much to prove, and I'm not sure Richardson, Kouandjio, and Henderson are all that. We need a backup center/guard too. That's sort of a lot of questionable to me.