• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Wonder If Elway Call Bills About Taylor

Denvers current best QB is in his mid 50's and running the team. They are desperate.

Denver wanted Taylor last year and offered him more $ than the Bills. Kubiak was his OC in Baltimore and likes him a lot. Bills playing wait and see with Taylor ( with no current $ to spend anyhow ). Denver would give him a new big deal instantly if they acquired him. Bills would get nothing if he walks next season and the franchise tag would be extreme.

That would leave us with no one ( Manuel = no one) outside of Josh Johnson and a couple rookies they would no doubt draft. Risky.

All hypothetical ( so calm the F down ) but what would Denver possibly offer in this situation ?

What would be enough for Whaley to consider it ? Multiple picks ? Some players ?

Come on Internet GM's. Make your offer...
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • THRILLHO
    This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
    • Feb 2009

Re: Wonder If Elway Call Bills About Taylor

I've been thinking about this all day too. I don't know what they could reasonably offer that would be worth it for us.
    True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Taylor for their 1st and we bring Fitz back
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

This year's first, next year's first and second. Elway isn't going to pony up that much, but I'd pull the trigger if he did.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          This year's first, next year's first and second. Elway isn't going to pony up that much, but I'd pull the trigger if he did.
          This is probably in the ballpark but Bills would want more this year. That's the last pick in round 1.

Have to throw in a 2nd this year and more next year.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

If I could imagine it, their 2nd, one of their two 3rds and a 5th with a conditional pick next year.

Edit : might need to lose the 5th for the conditional.
            Last edited by Mace; 03-09-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              Denvers current best QB is in his mid 50's and running the team. They are desperate.

Denver wanted Taylor last year and offered him more $ than the Bills. Kubiak was his OC in Baltimore and likes him a lot. Bills playing wait and see with Taylor ( with no current $ to spend anyhow ). Denver would give him a new big deal instantly if they acquired him. Bills would get nothing if he walks next season and the franchise tag would be extreme.

That would leave us with no one ( Manuel = no one) outside of Josh Johnson and a couple rookies they would no doubt draft. Risky.

All hypothetical ( so calm the F down ) but what would Denver possibly offer in this situation ?

What would be enough for Whaley to consider it ? Multiple picks ? Some players ?

Is it possible to have less than zero interest in trading Tyrod? That's where I'm at.

You could offer the #1 pick and I wouldn't do it... This isn't a Luck year. If it was then I would.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

No deal.

Taylor is the first really good quarterback the Bills have had in a long time.

If the Bills traded TT, it would be a PR nightmare.

I don't know about you guys, but I can't freaking wait to see Tyrod Taylor play next season.

Even if John Elway smokes crack and wants to give up 3 first round draft picks, I'd say no thanks.

Not sold on the 3 trebuchets.

Comment

• Mace
                  • Mar 2013

It's hypothetical and imaginary you gloomy gus's, er gusii.

Comment

• Night Train
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                    Is it possible to have less than zero interest in trading Tyrod? That's where I'm at.

You could offer the #1 pick and I wouldn't do it... This isn't a Luck year. If it was then I would.
                    I have zero issue with this thinking and I agree there isn't a golden boy in the QB draft.

The point is the Bills thinking Taylor is long term and giving him 16-20 Mil a year for 4-5 years. Are they willing to do that ?. Certainly don't have the $ now and might be tight again next year, which means other positions don't get addressed.

Comment

• Night Train
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                      Even if John Elway smokes crack and wants to give up 3 first round draft picks, I'd say no thanks.
                      If he offered that, the Bills better say yes immediately. Not even sure they could afford him next year.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Certainly don't have the $ now and might be tight again next year, which means other positions don't get addressed.
                        Actually we have plenty next year with around a 113 million cap number atm. Like 40-50 million.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

I have zero issue with this thinking and I agree there isn't a golden boy in the QB draft.

The point is the Bills thinking Taylor is long term and giving him 16-20 Mil a year for 4-5 years. Are they willing to do that ?. Certainly don't have the $ now and might be tight again next year, which means other positions don't get addressed.
                          We look to have a very lot of cap room next year. We're at 111 spent on 42. That means 9 more players will count on a cap that could be 160... 7 of which could be this years draftees which totals around 4.8. Lot's of room.

I personally would not touch Tyrod's contract until mid next year at the earliest. Any sign of digression and I'd wait until after the season. If he continues to get better and better I'd think about it mid-season.
                          Last edited by X-Era; 03-09-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• mdcas22
                            the mouth of the south
                            • Aug 2015

If the bronco's offered there 1st the Bill's would jump on it! TT is not a proven anything this year and being the bill's only have him signed 1 this year I'd pull the trigger too, then you draft a Paxton lynch with the 19th pick and sign a free agent like Fitz for this year and still can get that stud linebacker they need.

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X