PDA

View Full Version : They gotta go LB with one of the top 2 picks.

whkfc
03-09-2016, 06:21 PM
They gotta now don't they.

Mace
03-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Hard so say. I hope so, but this draft is deep with some lb prospects into the 4th, imho.

Scumbag College
03-09-2016, 07:39 PM
I think the Bills are going to be looking ILB if they go after LBs early. Smith from ND would be great but would cost the first and from all reports his knee s a big time question mark. Scooby Wright or Brothers from Mizzou in the third might be an option at ILB.

Lawson was the best LB by far in 2015, even though he isn't a big play guy. And Hughes in theory should be good at the OLB rush position, but it is yet to be seen if he can transfer over from the Schwartz 4-3 DE success that he had. I think that the coaches like IK for some reason as a backup. Valles might be interesting too due to his size/speed. Preston Brown didn't do that great in 2015 and might not be an answer. Hopefully he can put it together. If they are running a true 3-4, then ILB is a giant mystery right now.

coastal
03-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Don't you people have lives?

mdcas22
03-09-2016, 07:45 PM

I think inside linebacker was and still is there 1st choice in this years draft.

stuckincincy
03-09-2016, 08:42 PM
If they are really planning to run a lot of 3 -4 sets, they will have to find some beefier DEs.

Scumbag College
03-09-2016, 09:55 PM

Yes. billszone.com

Night Train
03-10-2016, 04:29 AM
If they are really planning to run a lot of 3 -4 sets, they will have to find some beefier DEs.

I think they have that in Dareus, Kyle Williams and Bryant. What they need to ID is a true NT, which is why I brought up Billings of Baylor in some draft threads.

YardRat
03-10-2016, 04:37 AM
Considering we lost two starters already, yeah, lber is a priority. We're fortunate to be able to plug in Lawson in Mario's place for another season, but absolutely need an inside 'backer.

Night Train
03-10-2016, 04:43 AM
but absolutely need an inside 'backer.

Probably 2

DraftBoy
03-10-2016, 05:57 AM
Probably 2

And a true pass rusher on the outside to help out Hughes.

They really need to add three LB's this offseason.

Jaybird
03-10-2016, 07:12 AM
hughes, preston, lawson.... we need 2 starters and 1 depth player who can play!

Mace
03-10-2016, 06:52 PM

As if.

I like Tyler Matakevich, Scooby Wright or Blake Martinez in later rounds for the inside, preferably Martinez.

OLB is a little trickier, edge rusher, substitute, lineman, hybrid safety, or true olb ? Lee or Floyd early, then Su'a Cravens, Kamalei Correa, Kyler Fackrell....late there will be Ian Seau, Yannick Ngakoue, Curt Maggit.

They should be able to improve lb easily if they intend to.

DraftBoy
03-11-2016, 03:50 AM
As if.

I like Tyler Matakevich, Scooby Wright or Blake Martinez in later rounds for the inside, preferably Martinez.

OLB is a little trickier, edge rusher, substitute, lineman, hybrid safety, or true olb ? Lee or Floyd early, then Su'a Cravens, Kamalei Correa, Kyler Fackrell....late there will be Ian Seau, Yannick Ngakoue, Curt Maggit.

They should be able to improve lb easily if they intend to.

I think you have to take a look at Leonard Floyd in Round 1 if you like him enough. He's got the size, speed, and athleticism to be a terror in a 34 system and would be a great compliment to Hughes. I don't think pass rusher is our biggest need, but I think we have some flexibility in Round 1 to go BPA due to how many needs we have.

And if we're comfortable with the risk, and believe a guy like Ty Powell can play a role on this team, then I think you take a shot at a Jaylon Smith at some point on Day 2 or Day 3 and see what could be in 2017 for him.

DraftBoy
03-11-2016, 05:04 AM
I think you have to take a look at Leonard Floyd in Round 1 if you like him enough. He's got the size, speed, and athleticism to be a terror in a 34 system and would be a great compliment to Hughes. I don't think pass rusher is our biggest need, but I think we have some flexibility in Round 1 to go BPA due to how many needs we have.

And if we're comfortable with the risk, and believe a guy like Ty Powell can play a role on this team, then I think you take a shot at a Jaylon Smith at some point on Day 2 or Day 3 and see what could be in 2017 for him.

They non-tendered Ty Powell. Nice job keeping up with the news dumbass.

Victor7
03-11-2016, 09:16 AM
They have to

I advise against going to the official website and looking at the LB depth chart. It can induce to violent outburst and depression at once.

coastal
03-11-2016, 09:37 AM
I liked Bradham and am going to be sorry to see him go.

Ingtar33
03-11-2016, 07:06 PM

OT, LB would be an ok way to start, but this is a Ryan team now. we know it's going to be DT/DE or DB

Victor7
03-14-2016, 09:06 AM
I liked Bradham and am going to be sorry to see him go.

He's gone Coastie. Reunited with Schwartz in Philly.

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2016, 12:37 PM

No they don't. Because that would be stupid.

justasportsfan
03-14-2016, 12:39 PM
I thought IK was going to replace Bradham and Mario :idunno:

Mace
03-14-2016, 04:13 PM
I thought IK was going to replace Bradham and Mario :idunno:

He just might. Not very well though.