PDA

View Full Version : Bills receive 2 comp draft picks for upcoming draft

Ed
03-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Bills get a 4th and a 6th. They now have 8 picks total. I didn't realize they were even eligible to receive a 4th, but that's pretty awesome.

Mike Rodak
ESPN Staff Writer

The Bills received two compensatory picks in the upcoming 2016 draft, the NFL announced Friday. The Bills received a fourth-round pick (139th overall) and a sixth-round pick (218th). They now have eight total picks; the team previously traded it's seventh-round pick to Dallas in the Matt Cassel deal.
9m

DraftBoy
03-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Excellent news!

The Bills were eligible because of the way the NFL classified the Clay signing last year.

Buffalogic
03-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Very cool

coastal
03-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Superbowl!!!!

DesertFox24
03-11-2016, 12:13 PM
We need a dl starter a new pass rusher a MLB a wr a corner a tackle and then depth

Yasgur's Farm
03-11-2016, 12:17 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000643671/article/nfl-awards-33-compensatory-picks-to-13-teams-for-2016-draft

X-Era
03-11-2016, 01:04 PM
Great news.

Night Train
03-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Excellent news!

The Bills were eligible because of the way the NFL classified the Clay signing last year.

Agreed. This is a deep draft for what we need. Fantastic.

YardRat
03-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Nice. BACK TO THE SIMULATOR, STAT!

Mace
03-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Excellent with this draft, though it ups the cost of their draft pool with the cap.

X-Era
03-12-2016, 05:07 AM
We need a dl starter a new pass rusher a MLB a wr a corner a tackle and then depthI think the first two picks will go to a DL and LB. Unsure of which goes where. But unless there is some incredible value at another need at those two picks, it will be DL and LB

Night Train
03-12-2016, 05:31 AM
I think the first two picks will go to a DL and LB. Unsure of which goes where. But unless there is some incredible value at another need at those two picks, it will be DL and LB

OT is a large consideration early.

X-Era
03-12-2016, 07:05 AM
OT is a large consideration early.I'd only agree if Henderson's health is still a major concern. DL and LB have holes at the starter position(s). OT does not (if Henderson is healthy).

Whaley said he heard good news on Henderson. If he can start we need depth.

DesertFox24
03-12-2016, 07:53 AM
Well with dl being so deep this year they may wait. Lb is a must one could argue we need an olb and an ilb. My hope is they give Randall a shot this summer.

That being said we need at a minimum a starting ilb and starting dl from this draft. Bottom line

- - - Updated - - -

Well with dl being so deep this year they may wait. Lb is a must one could argue we need an olb and an ilb. My hope is they give Randall a shot this summer.

That being said we need at a minimum a starting ilb and starting dl from this draft. Bottom line

Night Train
03-12-2016, 07:57 AM
I'd only agree if Henderson's health is still a major concern. DL and LB have holes at the starter position(s). OT does not (if Henderson is healthy).

Whaley said he heard good news on Henderson. If he can start we need depth.

Could be. Yet yesterday Greg Roman was shown on NFLN standing at midfield, 10 feet behind Buckeye OT Taylor Decker as he went through his drills at the Ohio St. pro day. This Wed., Mich St. has their pro day and I'm betting Roman is there watching OT Conklin and then on to Indiana to watch OT Spriggs.

You have to think they are looking at OT hard.

YardRat
03-12-2016, 10:10 AM
Two more picks should definitely put QB and PK into play. The best of both worlds...Mace can have his mid-round picks for other positions that will most likely languish for a couple of seasons before getting booted, and I get my kicker and project QB.

stuckincincy
03-12-2016, 01:05 PM
Excellent news!

Sad news if they played contract games. Better teams get higher comp picks because they actually draft, develop, and employ players who end up being desired by other clubs. Nobody raids the BUF roster, and offers goofy money... :rain:

Night Train
03-12-2016, 02:21 PM
Nobody raids the BUF roster, and offers goofy money... :rain:

Levitre, Byrd and Searcy say hi.

:rolleyes:

stuckincincy
03-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Levitre, Byrd and Searcy say hi.

:rolleyes:

And how did those esteemed talents developed by BUF...do? Other than say Hi.

Enlighten the forum about their post-BUF deeds and accomplishments, please.

Night Train
03-12-2016, 04:23 PM

Nobody raids the BUF roster, and offers goofy money... :rain: -

THEY WERE OFFERED GOOFY MONEY BY OTHER TEAMS. CHECKMATE.

X-Era
03-12-2016, 04:33 PM
Could be. Yet yesterday Greg Roman was shown on NFLN standing at midfield, 10 feet behind Buckeye OT Taylor Decker as he went through his drills at the Ohio St. pro day. This Wed., Mich St. has their pro day and I'm betting Roman is there watching OT Conklin and then on to Indiana to watch OT Spriggs.

You have to think they are looking at OT hard.I think they question whether Henderson will be fully back. Or that they can't totally bank on that until he proves he's fine on the field.

That said, we also interviewed Paxton Lynch and I think it's very unlikely they would draft a QB at 19.

It could be due diligence.

Ginger Vitis
03-12-2016, 08:26 PM

You're as bad as OPIV... The both of you claim something NEVER happens another poster gives several examples of it happening and you give some dumb rationalization as a answer in a desperate attempt to not look wrong.... Very OPIV like.. Face it you got owned

DesertFox24
03-13-2016, 12:01 AM
Who cares what they do for their new team. On our team they were productive and got paid goofy money. That is their prerogative and no one can dispute the facts.

Topas
03-14-2016, 09:30 AM
Why did we get picks. And what does the Clay signing does have to do with it. I think we get picks for players we lost. And I forgot who we lost. But we signed Clay and that was cost wise probably more than we lost. Was Byrd last year? No, several years ago or?

DesertFox24
03-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Why did we get picks. And what does the Clay signing does have to do with it. I think we get picks for players we lost. And I forgot who we lost. But we signed Clay and that was cost wise probably more than we lost. Was Byrd last year? No, several years ago or?

Clay does not count as tag players are like restricted FAs. Next year we get nothing for Hogan. What about Charles he was not tendered so he should be a UFA (anyone know).

trapezeus
03-14-2016, 10:09 AM
does Mario Williams also count? He was let go and took $16MM for 2 years.

DraftBoy
03-14-2016, 10:30 AM

I don't believe so.

First the comp pick formula only accounts for the previous off-season additions and losses. Second you only get comp picks for players you lose through free agency whose contracts expired. Not for guys you cut.

So Williams, McKelvin, Urbik, and Dixon all won't be in play for our comp picks next year.

At the moment here is what it looks like;

Additions
None

Losses
LB Nigel Bradham
CB Ron Brooks
DT Stefan Charles
WR Chris Hogan

As of now we'd likely be in line for more compensatory picks next year.

EDS
03-14-2016, 10:31 AM

I don't think players that are cut count for purposes of determining compensatory picks.

EDS
03-14-2016, 10:35 AM
I don't believe so.

First the comp pick formula only accounts for the previous off-season additions and losses. Second you only get comp picks for players you lose through free agency whose contracts expired. Not for guys you cut.

So Williams, McKelvin, Urbik, and Dixon all won't be in play for our comp picks next year.

At the moment here is what it looks like;

Additions
None

Losses
LB Nigel Bradham
CB Ron Brooks
DT Stefan Charles
WR Chris Hogan

As of now we'd likely be in line for more compensatory picks next year.

I don't think tendered restricted free agents count for compensatory picks either.

DraftBoy
03-14-2016, 10:47 AM
I don't think tendered restricted free agents count for compensatory picks either.

Yea wasn't sure, so then remove Hogan and the other three are our losses.

Joe Fo Sho
03-14-2016, 11:04 AM
Who cares what they do for their new team. On our team they were productive and got paid goofy money. That is their prerogative and no one can dispute the facts.

The fact that these players did not perform well for their new team actually makes the goofy money even goofier.

http://wondersofdisney.webs.com/pals/goofy/1goofy.png

EDS
03-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Yea wasn't sure, so then remove Hogan and the other three are our losses.

Charles comes off the list too because non-tendered RFAs also do not count, at least as far as I understand the rules.

DraftBoy
03-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Charles comes off the list too because non-tendered RFAs also do not count, at least as far as I understand the rules.

Interesting...