PDA

View Full Version : UB QB and Williamsville native Joe Lacatta to meet with Bills

DetDannyWilliams
03-12-2016, 01:50 PM
University of Buffalo Senior QB and Williamsville, NY native Joe Licata at UB men's basketball game in Cleveland against the Bobcats last night said that "he will meet with the Bills, and says it would be a dream come true if they drafted me"

Night Train
03-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Or sign him as a UDFA.

Night Train
03-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Career Buffalo (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/buffalo/)

Comp Att % Yards TD's INT Rate
823 1359 60.6 9485 76 37 132.2

yanklovver
03-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Career Buffalo (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/buffalo/)
i Personally, know the Licata family.....what a Great Kid!....He told me personally he would Love to Be a Buffalo Bill!!!!

Comp Att % Yards TD's INT Rate
823 1359 60.6 9485 76 37 132.2

trapezeus
03-14-2016, 03:34 PM
what's his issue that he topped out as a UB coach instead of going to a bigger program. arm strength? General size? just curious. Those few stats seem pretty good at first glance, so I am just curious what the knocks on his game would be.

DraftBoy
03-14-2016, 03:55 PM
what's his issue that he topped out as a UB coach instead of going to a bigger program. arm strength? General size? just curious. Those few stats seem pretty good at first glance, so I am just curious what the knocks on his game would be.

Only 6'2, limited arm strength, and competition level.

He's a 7th Round - FA type guy.

pmoon6
03-14-2016, 04:19 PM
what's his issue that he topped out as a UB coach instead of going to a bigger program. arm strength? General size? just curious. Those few stats seem pretty good at first glance, so I am just curious what the knocks on his game would be.Makes you wonder why Khalil Mack opted to play at UB instead of a bigger program.

Licata is a hometown boy, maybe he wanted to stay close to family. Also, WNY HS football players don't get a lot of exposure. Gronkowski's Dad moved the family to Pittsburgh just so Rob would be seen by bigger schools.

From BEN

“Think of being the starting quarterback for a Division I team in your hometown,” said Paula Licata. “Sometimes, I worry about the pressure. But he really does thrive on it.”

Licata dipped his toe in the water. He looked at other schools. Syracuse wanted him. So did Akron and some other small schools. Notre Dame and North Carolina showed interest. But his heart was in Buffalo. When Joe signed, Gil told people, “We drove all over the country to find UB!”

“I love this city,” Licata said. “I really do. I grew up here. I’ve been coming to Bills and UB games my whole life with my dad. I’ve always wanted to stay home and be that guy who brings a championship to Buffalo. That’s been my goal since high school.”

He may be just a novelty, but I hope they draft him. I would be rooting for the kid to first get a roster spot and then get on the field.

Sometimes other things trump the measurables and the Buffalo Bills have always meant more to me than just wins and loses.

It would be great to see a hometown guy sure enough "make it".

pmoon6
03-14-2016, 04:53 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if Joe is from the same Licata Clan from my old neighborhood. I went to HS with Mike Licata and his brother Joe was ahead two years. Their Uncle Jules was our football coach. His mother shares some of my Facebook friends from the old neighborhood, but his Dad's name is Gil and I don't remember that being another brother.

At any rate, I'm still behind Joe Licata and wish him success.

k-oneputt
03-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Mack didn't start playing football until high school. He was a basketball player, got injured, started football later. There was a coach in florida who became an asst. at UB and brought Mack with him.
That's the general idea with Mack.

Buckets
03-15-2016, 08:11 AM
I'm still trying to figure out if Joe is from the same Licata Clan from my old neighborhood. I went to HS with Mike Licata and his brother Joe was ahead two years. Their Uncle Jules was our football coach. His mother shares some of my Facebook friends from the old neighborhood, but his Dad's name is Gil and I don't remember that being another brother.

At any rate, I'm still behind Joe Licata and wish him success.

Fellow Hutch Tech grad?

pmoon6
03-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Fellow Hutch Tech grad?
Class of '74.

trapezeus
03-15-2016, 09:52 AM
I read a little on licata last night. I didn't see the arm strength in question, but saw the size issue. if he's 6'2 with those stats and he's available late, I think the bills should take him. he could the back up job and learn. and the bills desperately need to stop the process of saying, "we found our man" and then not load up the QB roster to have people learning. TT looked good enough to be an option for next year, but if he flames out or if he is an injury prone guy, we need the next man up. and we currently don't have anyone. and I really hate the journey man back up idea since it never works.

justasportsfan
03-15-2016, 10:07 AM
we need a qb to throw to the receivers when they want to stay longer after practice.

Oaf
03-17-2016, 04:05 PM
we need a qb to throw to the receivers when they want to stay longer after practice.

I did that at Michigan. It was pretty fun.

SpikedLemonade
03-17-2016, 04:39 PM
I want winners for the Bills.

I do not care where you are from.

Night Train
03-17-2016, 04:55 PM
Class of '74.

My friend who sits with me at the games went to Hutch Tech. Retired, age 66. Loved the place.