PDA

View Full Version : 3/14 - updated Bills depth chart

Mace
03-14-2016, 01:36 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2016/3/14/11218840/buffalo-bills-depth-chart-update-2016-nfl-free-agency-edition

Two thing are glaringly apparent when I look at this.

- we have no backup longsnapper
- it doesn't include the draft picks we haven't made yet

This stuff is crazy.

Albany,n.y.
03-14-2016, 02:54 PM
There's not a lot of depth there. A few injuries & this is a 2-14 team. I guess you Rex haters will get your wish if this is anything close to the opening day depth chart.

DraftBoy
03-14-2016, 03:53 PM
I just threw up a little.

BillsImpossible
03-14-2016, 05:59 PM
2 kickers is crazy.

Scumbag College
03-14-2016, 06:08 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2016/3/14/11218840/buffalo-bills-depth-chart-update-2016-nfl-free-agency-edition

Two thing are glaringly apparent when I look at this.

- we have no backup longsnapper
- it doesn't include the draft picks we haven't made yet

This stuff is crazy.

****ing Rex and Whaley!

Mace
03-14-2016, 06:22 PM
I do think this might be a deep enough draft to beef up the roster if we don't get cutesy. Still think they are going to get cutesy though.

Mr. Pink
03-14-2016, 06:32 PM
That link shows Hankerson as unsigned...didn't the Bills claim him on waivers after the season?

If so, what rights did they actually get to him? Or does that site have an error with him?

I figured Hankerson would be signed for the 2016 season much like Boykin and Little are.

Night Train
03-14-2016, 06:52 PM
We should have solved this in the draft....wait..

Mace
03-14-2016, 07:04 PM
That link shows Hankerson as unsigned...didn't the Bills claim him on waivers after the season?

If so, what rights did they actually get to him? Or does that site have an error with him?

I figured Hankerson would be signed for the 2016 season much like Boykin and Little are.

Claimed him 12/28. New league year, evidently let him go already, he's fa.

Mahdi
03-14-2016, 08:07 PM
Looks worse than it is...

If this is truly a 3-4 team then we need a big NT and a pass rushing OLB, also need a 5 tech DE. We can address that in the draft.

Then you have Brown at inside LB, probably need another ILB.

Secondary is good but we need safety depth.

We need depth at WR but it's not a weak area. OL is ok and QB is as good as it's going to get at this point.

Basically, first two picks must be OLB and 5Tech DE. Then you look for a big NT in third. Maybe trade back into round 3 and grab an ILB.

We definitely need to pick up 1 or 2 players in FA because we can't fill all this in the draft alone.

It's not a great roster but it isn't hopeless.

Mace
03-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Looks worse than it is...

If this is truly a 3-4 team then we need a big NT and a pass rushing OLB, also need a 5 tech DE. We can address that in the draft.

Then you have Brown at inside LB, probably need another ILB.

Secondary is good but we need safety depth.

We need depth at WR but it's not a weak area. OL is ok and QB is as good as it's going to get at this point.

Basically, first two picks must be OLB and 5Tech DE. Then you look for a big NT in third. Maybe trade back into round 3 and grab an ILB.

We definitely need to pick up 1 or 2 players in FA because we can't fill all this in the draft alone.

It's not a great roster but it isn't hopeless.

Mostly agree until you got to OL. They need a guard and a tackle. A guard to groom behind Incognito and to step in for Miller who only played 12 games and wasn't that awesome, a tackle to end this Henderson/Kouandjio flailing at RT. You might be able to skimp at those spots, but they aren't ok.

YardRat
03-14-2016, 08:38 PM
"Fourth isn't good enough."

IlluminatusUIUC
03-15-2016, 10:28 AM

No it was the monday before Week 17. They probably weren't interested in what they saw that week.

Dozerdog
03-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Don't forget there will be another wave of FA's when the June league year kicks in. Players waived after June get pushed to the following cap year.

That's when the bargain basement shopping begins

GingerP
03-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Don't forget there will be another wave of FA's when the June league year kicks in. Players waived after June get pushed to the following cap year.

That's when the bargain basement shopping begins

They say there won't be many post-June 1 cuts this year, because the cap went up so much and so many teams have plenty of cap space. There isn't the need to make space like in past years.