Pats trade Chandler Jones to Cardinals for Jonathan Cooper and 2nd rounder (#61)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Pats trade Chandler Jones to Cardinals for Jonathan Cooper and 2nd rounder (#61)

Well that's a shocker. Jones was Cordy Glenn's nightmare these last few years, good to see him leave the conference.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!
  • chris66
    • Sep 2006

Re: Pats trade Chandler Jones to Cardinals for Jonathan Cooper and 2nd rounder (#61)

Pats weren't going to pay him anyway. They have to take care of Collins, Hightower and Butler at the end of the year.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
      Making Spirits Bright
      • Mar 2006

Re: Pats trade Chandler Jones to Cardinals for Jonathan Cooper and 2nd rounder (#61)

While I don't like seeing NE making moves to improve their offensive line, I'm happy Jones is gone. Now we only have to play him once next year.

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Nice move for Arians.

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

I don't know if Cooper has been any good, but I remember him being one of the more highly regarded OG prospects in a while. I believe he was a top 10 pick, but missed his rookie year due to a broken leg. Cooper and a 2nd seems like pretty good value for Jones.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Pats have to pick up Cooper's option at 11 mil or he hits FA next year.

Comment

• chris66
              • Sep 2006

Turn it into a signing bonus if need be

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

^ Not Possible.

Comment

• mightysimi
                  Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                  • Mar 2010

He was hurt and lost his job at the end of the season. He was one of the highest rated OG prospects in a while if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Cooper could be a bigger gain for them then losing Jones if he gets back to being healthy. Both teams may get better out of this deal.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

I'll take my chances with Cooper in New England instead of Jones that's for damn sure. Jones was always a problem when we played the Pats.
                      The Pats also get the Cards 2nd rd. pick so that should be a player that can help them though.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Cooper has shown little, even when healthy. And his contract is up at the end of this season.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Glad Jones is out of the division, he absolutely abuses Cordy Glenn every time we play the Pats*
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• mightysimi
                            Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                            • Mar 2010

Ex-Rams defensive end Chris Long will sign a one-year deal with the Patriots, ESPN's Trey Wingo reported Tuesday night.

Looks like Chris Long will be the replacement.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-patriots/

Looks like Chris Long will be the replacement.
                              Hardly. He might play a handful of games at Chandler's spot, but he'll be a major downgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X