PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Williams takes pay cut

Pinkerton Security
03-16-2016, 11:58 AM
Gotta love this guy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/23999/kyle-williams-appears-to-take-1-75-million-pay-cut-from-bills

Records show that Williams' 2016 base salary has been reduced from $6 million to $4.25 million. There were no other changes to Williams' deal, suggesting Williams took a pay cut instead of the team restructuring the $1.75 million difference into incentives or a bonus.
Williams' agent, Pat Dye, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Bills do not publicly discuss terms of player contracts.
Williams' cap number has dropped from $8 million to $6.25 million, while the Bills' cap space has increased from $5.82 million to $7.57 million, according to NFLPA records. Of that amount, the Bills will need to reserve space to reach deals with their draft picks this summer.

Buffalogic
03-16-2016, 12:27 PM
He's awesome.

Topas
03-16-2016, 12:43 PM
The Bills robbed him. They should pay him 20mill this year for not being able to surround him with an at least semi professional team the last 10 or whatever many years

Pinkerton Security
03-16-2016, 12:45 PM
The Bills robbed him. They should pay him 20mill this year for not being able to surround him with an at least semi professional team the last 10 or whatever many years
He obviously agreed to this...his hopes are that money goes towards other FAs that will help put a real team on the field

Mahdi
03-16-2016, 12:55 PM
That extra space should be used to sign Terrance Knighton.

Not only do the bills needs him but he would prolong KW career.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-16-2016, 12:55 PM
That extra space should be used to sign Terrance Knighton.

Not only do the bills needs him but he would prolong KW career.

I could get behind that

kscdogbillsfan1221
03-16-2016, 01:24 PM
I could get behind that

He he would look great covering gronkowski I'm sure.

YardRat
03-16-2016, 03:31 PM
If they cut FJax, they'll cut anybody. Watch your back, KW.

Mace
03-16-2016, 03:49 PM

Off to a contender he'd go. Still has some left in the tank and would be better suited in a 4-3 anyway. Rotational where he'd be kept fresh, he'd be an impact player.

Night Train
03-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Every move the Bills make sucks.

Got it.

:rolleyes:

Mace
03-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Every move the Bills make sucks.

Got it.

:rolleyes:

Not EVERY one. It was good they locked up Glenn and resigned Incognito, let go of Bradham, McKelvin, and Brooks.

coastal
03-16-2016, 08:39 PM
Best five card stud ever...

TacklingDummy
03-17-2016, 05:45 AM
The one who should be taking a pay cut for the way he's played the Bills last 25 games is Dareus.

EDS
03-17-2016, 06:30 AM
He obviously agreed to this...his hopes are that money goes towards other FAs that will help put a real team on the field

I suspect his willingness to agree to the pay cut was a financial decision in that he thinks he can make more under this reduced contract than he could make on the open market.

Saratoga Slim
03-17-2016, 07:42 AM
I suspect his willingness to agree to the pay cut was a financial decision in that he thinks he can make more under this reduced contract than he could make on the open market.

Maybe. But I kinda doubt he couldn't score $6M somewhere in the current market ridiculousness. He's still a very capable DT.

The King
03-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Kyle said Buffalo would be the only team he ever played for. He's sacrificed for this team more than any player I can remember. He's the man.

EDS
03-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Kyle said Buffalo would be the only team he ever played for. He's sacrificed for this team more than any player I can remember. He's the man.

Looks like he can earn the money back if he hits certain playing time milestones:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2016/3/17/11252920/kyle-williams-buffalo-bills-pay-cut-play-time-incentives-percentage

Night Train
03-17-2016, 05:53 PM

Somewhere in Nebraska, Chris Kelsay cries...:up:

Mace
03-17-2016, 06:57 PM
Somewhere in Nebraska, Chris Kelsay cries...:up:

I still feel bad for Kelsay. I was never super fond of him until I saw him madly trying to chase down receivers he was supposed to be covering inappropriately in a screwed up defense. Oh if I could have willed him to catch them I would have, forehead against the screen, "get him Chris, you can do it !". Occurred to me the dude was giving everything he had and really trying like a maniac without a chance of success. That poor guy, I'll respect him until I die for all the stuff I thereafter saw him madly trying to do that no one should have expected him to.

Caught across the field on a reverse ? So what, here he came rumbling into view, runner already 10 yards past him, running like a maniac in case the guy reversed field and came back his way.

Ingtar33
03-17-2016, 09:10 PM

bingo. now his cap hit has been lowered he's probably made himself more likely to be cut. You can say some above average things about how this front office has drafted recently, but how they've behaved elsewhere has been disgraceful.

Joe Fo Sho
03-18-2016, 06:20 AM
bingo. now his cap hit has been lowered he's probably made himself more likely to be cut. You can say some above average things about how this front office has drafted recently, but how they've behaved elsewhere has been disgraceful.

Disgraceful? What have that done that's been disgraceful?

stuckincincy
03-18-2016, 07:59 AM

Could be. He's 33, coming off of IR.

YardRat
03-18-2016, 03:42 PM
Disgraceful? What have that done that's been disgraceful?

Hired Wrecks and his staff.
Jettisoned Schwartz, and eventually Henderson.
Ruined the defense.
Cut FJax.
Overspent on toys in free agency.
Played roster ping pong.
Posted a W-L record worse than Doug Moron.
Spent a ****-ton of the owner's money on nepotism.
Waited until March to release an assistant coach, giving him almost zero chance of latching on elsewhere in the league.
Accomplished the unthinkable by taking a team that hasn't made the the playoffs in an embarrassing 16 seasons and actually made the organization more embarrassing with their antics.

Those are just a few off of the top of my head.

Mace
03-18-2016, 04:01 PM
You can say some above average things about how this front office has drafted recently,

I'm still not so sure how you can even do that. They overspent for Watkins (a skilled player however), and they got Darby, and a bunch of other guys who get hurt a lot or are mediocre, or can't get on the field, over 3 years of Whaley being involved.