PDA

View Full Version : Is it that big of a deal that GW did not get and extension

Novacane
07-24-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm no GW fan but I've gotta defend his tirade today. I'd get sick and tired of the media asking me about my contract too.
What he
the heck
do they want him to say?

I don't think it's that big a deal yet WGR55 spent the entire day talking about it.

Do you all think it's that important?:confused2

Tatonka
07-24-2003, 10:14 PM
where did you see his tirade that i have been hearing about?

Aero II
07-25-2003, 05:44 AM
I find it interesting that the Bills did offer him a "modist" extension and he turned them down.

TypicalBill
07-25-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Aero II
I find it interesting that the Bills did offer him a "modist" extension and he turned them down.

Yup, but at the same time, its good to know that he has such confidence in our players for the upcoming season that he knows he'll get a better contract when we do good.

If the players know about this, which they must, it gives them a lot of confidence and motivation for the season..

I like the things i heard.

Pride
07-25-2003, 06:49 AM
And... if he does SUCK terribly...

Let's say that we make the playoffs... but GW makes a ton of boneheaded calls throughout the season... he is gone... and Lebeau steps up... problem solved!

StanMarino13
07-25-2003, 07:11 AM
Libeau is that the coach from Cinncy? U guys think hes that good, that the inevitable coaching blackhole of Cincy was too much for him or even Don Shula, or Lombardi...

The_Philster
07-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by StanMarino13
Libeau is that the coach from Cinncy? U guys think hes that good, that the inevitable coaching blackhole of Cincy was too much for him or even Don Shula, or Lombardi...

A lot of that had to do with the fact that Owner Mike Brown runs the worst franchise in the NFL and has for over a decade now. part of their problem has been coaching but when the attitude from the front office is what it is, it's hard to get good talent on the team. It also doesn't help that they don't (or at least didn't last time I heard) have a scouting staff. They use the position coaches to scout players in the offseason.

TedMock
07-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Mike Brown is notorious for not spending money. You're right about the scouting thing. Supposedly he's changing his ways but we'll see. His father was actually pretty good. Cincy went to 2 superbowl's in the 80's and LeBeau was the DC at the time.