PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas: New Rex Ryan will shock country

MidnightVoice
03-18-2016, 08:15 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645507/article/thurman-thomas-new-rex-ryan-will-shock-country

Thurman Thomas weighed in Thursday on Ryan, and what it will take for him to be successful during his tenure.

"When you bring in a coach like Rex Ryan, I think at the end of the season, he learned to (be) like, 'I can't be saying a lot more stuff. I can't be saying stuff like I did in the past. I got to really go out and prove that I'm worthy of being a head football coach in the National Football League,'" Thomas said on CBS Sports Radio, via ESPN.com. "So I think this year, coming into it, you're going to see a different Rex Ryan. I think that's gonna be a shocker to a lot of different people around the country.

"But I think he's learned his lesson. You have to perform on the field. And when you talk as much as he did last year, and the performance wasn't there, a lot of people are going to doubt, 'Are you the right coach for the Buffalo Bills?' And I think now, he's into his second year, I expect him to go to the playoffs. But we'll wait and see on that."

stuckincincy
03-18-2016, 09:07 AM
So a light swich flipped on at age 53...53...and he will stop acting like a buffoon?

ParanoidAndroid
03-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Thurman Thomas has never struck me as being very insightful. Not sure why he keeps getting media attention.

stuckincincy
03-18-2016, 09:28 AM
Thurman Thomas has never struck me as being very insightful. Not sure why he keeps getting media attention.

It's show business. The NFL and all the related pundits have more than passing resemblance to a traveling circus, IMO.

Bill Cody
03-18-2016, 10:19 AM
[quote"When you bring in a coach like Rex Ryan, I think at the end of the season, he learned to (be) like, 'I can't be saying a lot more stuff. I can't be saying stuff like I did in the past. I got to really go out and prove that I'm worthy of being a head football coach in the National Football League,'" Thomas said on CBS Sports Radio, via ESPN.com. "So I think this year, coming into it, you're going to see a different Rex Ryan[/quote]

:sigh:

OpIv37
03-18-2016, 10:31 AM
So what happened? Did Rex have one too many shots of Jameson yesterday and pour his soul out to Thurman about how he's been doing it wrong all these years and needs to change his ways?

I'll always like Thurman for what he accomplished here but this is just a stupid statement.

EDS
03-18-2016, 11:12 AM
Rex giving jobs to all of his drinking buddies sure has to count for something.

MillsapsBillsFan
03-18-2016, 12:21 PM
How many times have we heard that Rex has changed for the better and that this is finally going to be his season? As always with Rex I believe it when I see it.

OLDSRIP
03-18-2016, 01:49 PM
So a light swich flipped on at age 53...53...and he will stop acting like a buffoon?

Exactly. Like this is something different than what happened with the Jets.

Mace
03-18-2016, 03:24 PM
So what happened? Did Rex have one too many shots of Jameson yesterday and pour his soul out to Thurman about how he's been doing it wrong all these years and needs to change his ways?

I'll always like Thurman for what he accomplished here but this is just a stupid statement.

People have been expecting Ryan to learn, yearly and he never does. He can't because he doesn't want to. I think Thurman was just stating the obvious thing people keep expecting, yearly.

HHURRICANE
03-19-2016, 12:33 AM
Thurman should shut up.