• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MidnightVoice
    Retired (mostly)
    • Mar 2003

Thurman Thomas: New Rex Ryan will shock country

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Thurman Thomas weighed in Thursday on Ryan, and what it will take for him to be successful during his tenure.

"When you bring in a coach like Rex Ryan, I think at the end of the season, he learned to (be) like, 'I can't be saying a lot more stuff. I can't be saying stuff like I did in the past. I got to really go out and prove that I'm worthy of being a head football coach in the National Football League,'" Thomas said on CBS Sports Radio, via ESPN.com. "So I think this year, coming into it, you're going to see a different Rex Ryan. I think that's gonna be a shocker to a lot of different people around the country.

"But I think he's learned his lesson. You have to perform on the field. And when you talk as much as he did last year, and the performance wasn't there, a lot of people are going to doubt, 'Are you the right coach for the Buffalo Bills?' And I think now, he's into his second year, I expect him to go to the playoffs. But we'll wait and see on that."

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Thurman Thomas: New Rex Ryan will shock country

So a light swich flipped on at age 53...53...and he will stop acting like a buffoon?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Thurman Thomas has never struck me as being very insightful. Not sure why he keeps getting media attention.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
        Thurman Thomas has never struck me as being very insightful. Not sure why he keeps getting media attention.
        It's show business. The NFL and all the related pundits have more than passing resemblance to a traveling circus, IMO.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

[quote"When you bring in a coach like Rex Ryan, I think at the end of the season, he learned to (be) like, 'I can't be saying a lot more stuff. I can't be saying stuff like I did in the past. I got to really go out and prove that I'm worthy of being a head football coach in the National Football League,'" Thomas said on CBS Sports Radio, via ESPN.com. "So I think this year, coming into it, you're going to see a different Rex Ryan[/quote]

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

So what happened? Did Rex have one too many shots of Jameson yesterday and pour his soul out to Thurman about how he's been doing it wrong all these years and needs to change his ways?

I'll always like Thurman for what he accomplished here but this is just a stupid statement.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Rex giving jobs to all of his drinking buddies sure has to count for something.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                • Mar 2015

How many times have we heard that Rex has changed for the better and that this is finally going to be his season? As always with Rex I believe it when I see it.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  So a light swich flipped on at age 53...53...and he will stop acting like a buffoon?
                  Exactly. Like this is something different than what happened with the Jets.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    So what happened? Did Rex have one too many shots of Jameson yesterday and pour his soul out to Thurman about how he's been doing it wrong all these years and needs to change his ways?

I'll always like Thurman for what he accomplished here but this is just a stupid statement.
                    People have been expecting Ryan to learn, yearly and he never does. He can't because he doesn't want to. I think Thurman was just stating the obvious thing people keep expecting, yearly.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Thurman should shut up.

Comment

Working...
                      X