PDA

View Full Version : Bills Will Pick Paxton Lynch at 19

more cowbell
03-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Whaley and the clowns have been scouting him for 2 years now. When they pick at 19...I guarantee he is their guy.

This draft is very deep at DE/Pass Rusher. Reggie Ragland who would be a plug and play, will most likely be off the board by 19.

The Bills are actually being smart about Tyrod, and haven't paid him yet. With contracts like Gilmore and Cordy Glenn that need to be sorted out long term, they are not going to want to pay an "unconventional" QB 20 Mil a year, when they can pick "Their guy" via the draft.

DraftBoy
03-21-2016, 10:29 AM
No guarantee he's there at 19. Seeing lots of mocks with him going to St. Louis at 15.

more cowbell
03-21-2016, 10:39 AM
No guarantee he's there at 19. Seeing lots of mocks with him going to St. Louis at 15.

True, I see that too. I think if he's there though, they take him...

Dr. Who
03-21-2016, 10:48 AM
He needs a few years to develop. Many will prefer someone who can contribute right away. It's a long view pick.
Personally, there are various scenarios that seem plausible to me. Picking Lynch is not ridiculous, imo.

MillsapsBillsFan
03-21-2016, 10:49 AM
In my opinion if they pick Paxton Lynch they will regret it. I don't think he's a first round talent.

swiper
03-21-2016, 11:11 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223621-Draft-simulator/page3

swiper
03-21-2016, 11:14 AM
In my opinion if they pick Paxton Lynch they will regret it. I don't think he's a first round talent.

He's not, but he's second round talent. And if it a mere reach to get a 2nd round QB (by taking in the 1st round), then you have to look at it like "hey geez, at least they didn't have to trade the farm to get this guy" (see Tom Donahoe's trade to get JP Losman where we lost the right to draft Aaron Rodgers).

YardRat
03-21-2016, 11:30 AM
I want an olineman or front seven defender at #19.

DraftBoy
03-21-2016, 12:00 PM

I want Treadwell.

YardRat
03-21-2016, 12:04 PM
I want Treadwell.

I could probably 'settle' for Treadwell, but I don't think he'll last that long.

Night Train
03-21-2016, 01:09 PM
In their 3 losses during the season, he looked very bad. Lost his poise. Then he finished by playing poorly vs. Auburn in their bowl game.

I get "potential" but he looks like another Manuel to me. Prototype size but cannot play in big games. Could turn out well but I have major questions about him after watching his performances vs. quality opponents. I don't care what draft magazines say.

sudzy
03-21-2016, 04:35 PM

If there is a QB that you believe is a franchise guy? You have to take him. If not? Then I agree O-line and front 7.

YardRat
03-21-2016, 04:46 PM
If there is a QB that you believe is a franchise guy? You have to take him. If not? Then I agree O-line and front 7.

Sure, but I don't see any franchise guys in this draft.

ICRockets
03-21-2016, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't mind Treadwell, and I'd also like someone like Jack Conklin but I don't think he'll last to 19. Of the people I believe will probably be there, Emanuel Ogbah is my pick.

And in round 2 or 3 I want Max Tuerk, because it's the best name ever and I am very much over the Eric Wood era.

X-Era
03-21-2016, 06:01 PM
I want Treadwell.
I do too. It's the pick I'd like the most.

Mace
03-21-2016, 06:04 PM
He needs a few years to develop. Many will prefer someone who can contribute right away. It's a long view pick.
Personally, there are various scenarios that seem plausible to me. Picking Lynch is not ridiculous, imo.

I think they need a short view defensive impact monster if they don't get an OT, which I'm reading they probably won't because Henderson is getting healthy and they think they're set. There will be more QB's next season if Taylor fails to impress.

Dr. Who
03-22-2016, 08:33 AM
I think they need a short view defensive impact monster if they don't get an OT, which I'm reading they probably won't because Henderson is getting healthy and they think they're set. There will be more QB's next season if Taylor fails to impress.

I am not locked in on any particular strategy this year. Your preference is okay by me, but I also won't be terribly unhappy if they go for a #2 wr, a rt, or take a shot at a qb.
If I had to bet, I suspect they will go defensive front seven in the first.

trapezeus
03-22-2016, 09:47 AM
it comes down to what management pressure is on rex. if they are telling him the drop off in d was unacceptable, especially given the large contracts given out, there is no way they don't get their LB. if there is this "you are here for 4 more years, we love you and we know the hardship you had last year." then they are free to make stupid move after stupid move until the fanbase can't take it.

That being said, I think the pressure with the drought it too painful to be patient. you have to get into the playoffs. its an albatross killing everyone's sanity.

Victor7
03-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Not the biggest Lynch fan to be honest.

I like Goff and Wentz but obviously both will be gone by the time 19 rolls around. We are better off going defense. A linebacker would be the ideal scenario. Our depth there is depression inducing.

Mr. Miyagi
03-22-2016, 08:16 PM
Who's to say Chicago won't take him at 11?

DraftBoy
03-23-2016, 05:24 AM
Who's to say Chicago won't take him at 11?

Nobody, but I don't think Chicago makes as much sense with Cutler's contract and Fales as their developmental guy for the time being. Chicago is looking to win now and I think they will look for a more immediate impact type pick than Lynch in Round 1. I could see Chicago going QB in Rounds 2-4 looking at a Hackenberg, Cook type prospect.

sahlensguy
03-23-2016, 09:02 PM
I'd be fine with this.

Bill Cody
03-24-2016, 09:31 PM
I'd be fine with this.

Me too. Like Manuel he's a project but unlike Manuel he won't have to play right away. I want insurance in case TT fizzles or demands too much money. I know we have other needs but in the end QB is the one position you must have completely covered. I'm not convinced we do.

coastal
03-24-2016, 11:40 PM
Does it honesty ****ing matter?

sahlensguy
03-25-2016, 04:28 AM
Does it honesty ****ing matter?

Bet your ass that to many it does.

sahlensguy
03-25-2016, 05:14 AM
Me too. Like Manuel he's a project but unlike Manuel he won't have to play right away. I want insurance in case TT fizzles or demands too much money. I know we have other needs but in the end QB is the one position you must have completely covered. I'm not convinced we do.

What I saw of TT last year wasn't playoff football. He didn't play with enough urgency at the end of games or at the end of halves. In my mind he's someone you move on from.

From the clips of Lynch I've seen, he jumps off the screen to me. The size, arm and mobility are all impressive. What is most impressive is the poise he has when he drops back though. Granted the competition isn't anywhere near what he'll face as a pro, but the game comes slow for him. In a good way.

Plus I like the idea of grooming a stud qb who will attract a top coach when Rex is canned in two years. On top of that we won't be blowing this pick on a Rex guy who won't fit the next system after Rex is canned in two years.

On top of that, Lynch wears Kelly's old number, so it's not a total waste of a pick.

Famous Amos
03-25-2016, 07:08 AM
Not the biggest Lynch fan to be honest.

I like Goff and Wentz but obviously both will be gone by the time 19 rolls around. We are better off going defense. A linebacker would be the ideal scenario. Our depth there is depression inducing.

I'd prefer a linebacker too because Brown didn't really cut it last year and we just lost Nigel Bradham.

Mr. Pink
03-25-2016, 08:20 AM
If the organization thinks that TT is the answer then taking a QB in the first round is asinine and wasting your pick.

Especially since this team needs linebackers, secondary, ends, a guard.

Bill Cody
03-25-2016, 09:29 AM
If the organization thinks that TT is the answer then taking a QB in the first round is asinine and wasting your pick.

Especially since this team needs linebackers, secondary, ends, a guard.

What if they think, as I do, that it's a coin flip at best that he is?

Mr. Pink
03-25-2016, 10:44 AM
What if they think, as I do, that it's a coin flip at best that he is?

I personally think he's extremely limited and flawed. But what you and I think has nothing to do with what the Bills will do at 19.

Ryan likes the guy and by extension so does the rest of the organization. So with that logic, I don't see how the Bills go QB in Round 1

Bill Cody
03-25-2016, 11:36 AM
I personally think he's extremely limited and flawed. But what you and I think has nothing to do with what the Bills will do at 19.

Ryan likes the guy and by extension so does the rest of the organization. So with that logic, I don't see how the Bills go QB in Round 1

You may be right. But there's a leap between we don't opt to do it and it's a wasted pick, no?

Ryan may and probably will be fired at season's end because he is an incompetent blowhard. TT may not pan out. Even if he does he may price himself out of Buffalo. What if he asks for $100m for 5 years? Are the Bills going there? <shrug> QB's are like gold bars if they're any good. If TT plays great and signs here long term Lynch would still have substantial trade value. If TT falters or leaves we have insurance. All I'm saying is the pick works for me. But sure it probably won't happen, too many tempting DB's and WR's out there.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-26-2016, 07:57 AM
taking a second round qb in the first round.... sounds like what we did with EJ. not a fan