PDA

View Full Version : Agent: Tyrod Taylor deserves a new deal

swiper
03-22-2016, 04:22 AM
Agent: Tyrod Taylor deserves a new deal (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/22/agent-tyrod-taylor-deserves-a-new-deal/)

Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6509/tyrod-taylor) is scheduled to make just $3 million this season, a bargain for a starting quarterback in today’s NFL. Unsurprisingly, his agent thinks the Bills ought to give him a raise.

Agent Adisa Bakari is reminding the Bills that Taylor will be a free agent in a year, and if the Bills don’t give him a raise now, maybe someone else will give him more money a year from now.

“It’s the Bills’ prerogative to do what they want to do as it relates to Tyrod Taylor or any other Bills player,” Bakari told the Buffalo News. “Fortunately, there are 31 other teams that have watched and will be watching Tyrod. And the fact of the matter is what Tyrod was able to do as a first-time starter in 2015 was give the Bills the best quarterback play they’ve had since Jim Kelly. If that isn’t enough to warrant an extension (https://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/22/tyrod-taylors-agent-says-play-with-bills-warrants-contract-extension/), I don’t know what will be.”

DraftBoy
03-22-2016, 04:25 AM
I'd wait on the extension as well.

YardRat
03-22-2016, 04:27 AM
Standard operating procedure.

swiper
03-22-2016, 04:59 AM
Not enough body of work as a starter to make such a move yet. Need another season to see.

Novacane
03-22-2016, 05:16 AM
Wait! I'd rather be sure and pay more.

sukie
03-22-2016, 05:43 AM
Less of this...

http://static2.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/gamespot/images/2005/219/reviews/678892-927412_20050808_002.jpg

and this...

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/gamespot/images/2005/102/reviews/652820-927412_20050413_002.jpg

and more of this... Then perhaps a new deal can be considered.

https://media.easports.com/content/www-easports/en_US/madden-nfl/news/2013/madden-football-history/_jcr_content/contentImages/image_12.img.jpg

Night Train
03-22-2016, 06:09 AM
Spotrac shows 42 mil cap space next year, give or take a few cuts (which means it could be more ).

Giving Glenn or Gilmore a new contract now reduces this years cap and adds a little bit more next year. It's obvious Taylors contract is a non issue this year, since he's making only 3 mil and they cannot increase it now to 18-20 mil under the current tight cap.

Looks like QB is a given in this draft. Maybe 2.

The Jokeman
03-22-2016, 06:30 AM
Spotrac shows 42 mil cap space next year, give or take a few cuts (which means it could be more ).

Giving Glenn or Gilmore a new contract now reduces this years cap and adds a little bit more next year. It's obvious Taylors contract is a non issue this year, since he's making only 3 mil and they cannot increase it now to 18-20 mil under the current tight cap.

I say draft one in the first 3 rounds and sign one as an UDFA. One guy I like as an UDFA that brought up before is Chuckie Keeton, who been injured the last few years but when healthy he has a similar size/ skill set as TT has and similar size.

EDS
03-22-2016, 07:54 AM

To be clear, that $42 million in cap space for 2017 does not include any contractual commitment to Taylor, Glenn or Gilmore, correct? If so, obviously new deals for any of them could take a big chunk out of that cap space.

trapezeus
03-22-2016, 08:34 AM
I understand the team has tried but given its situation there isn't much to do. with osweiller going for 72MM and 38MM guaranteed, TT has to literally just not fall asleep every snap to get the same money.

Skooby
03-22-2016, 08:42 AM
I remember when the Bills went 5-1 and paid our QB, then the wheels fell off. I'd wait and see, we can pay him later this season if everything looks good.

Victor7
03-22-2016, 10:53 AM
Remember the last time a guy looked decent and we paid him a ton of cash prematurely ?? .... That didn't work out well for us did it ?

Wait and see is the name of the game. If Taylor really is the next big thing he'll get his money. Bills won't ever let him walk and he'll make more than what he would make now if they were to sign an extension. Give us another season like last year with improvements throwing over the middle of the field and late game managing and you will get paid Tyrod.

gebobs
03-22-2016, 11:01 AM
This is what agents do. Nothing to see here.

Bill Cody
03-22-2016, 11:08 AM
Wait! I'd rather be sure and pay more.

I would

If there is a QB we really like at 19 I'd take him, protect our options

Mace
03-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Well, he does "deserve" a new deal, I mean a starting QB for 3 million is ridiculous. On the other hand, the Bills deserve to see if he grows and stays healthy.

But he's guaranteed to get an even better one if he produces this season and can stay healthy. If he can, we pay more but know we have a QB, if he can't, oh well, he can go feel bad somewhere else for the most he can get from them.

BertSquirtgum
03-22-2016, 07:29 PM
**** him. He can get an extension if he plays well again next year.

BertSquirtgum
03-22-2016, 07:30 PM
Well, he does "deserve" a new deal, I mean a starting QB for 3 million is ridiculous. On the other hand, the Bills deserve to see if he grows and stays healthy.

But he's guaranteed to get an even better one if he produces this season and can stay healthy. If he can, we pay more but know we have a QB, if he can't, oh well, he can go feel bad somewhere else for the most he can get from them.

**** that. If he thought he was going to be so good then he shouldn't have signed a 3 year deal. He deserves to be paid what he signed for and if he can keep up the numbers from last year....Then and only then, does he deserve a big raise.

Goobylal
03-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Just because the Texans were stupid enough to give Osweiler $18M/year after just 7 starts, it doesn't mean the Bills should be stupid as well. Let TT take the next step and then they can talk about an extension.

Mace
03-22-2016, 08:02 PM
**** that. If he thought he was going to be so good then he shouldn't have signed a 3 year deal. He deserves to be paid what he signed for and if he can keep up the numbers from last year....Then and only then, does he deserve a big raise.

That's pretty much what I said though.

swiper
03-25-2016, 06:11 PM
Just because the Texans were stupid enough to give Osweiler $18M/year after just 7 starts, it doesn't mean the Bills should be stupid as well. Let TT take the next step and then they can talk about an extension.

Yeah. But it hapens all the time.

swiper
03-25-2016, 06:12 PM
That's pretty much what I said though.

You have to be VERY, VERY clear with him. He is semi-******ed after all.

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2016, 06:35 PM
You have to be VERY, VERY clear with him. He is semi-******ed after all.

Idiot

swiper
03-25-2016, 06:38 PM
Idiot

Is smarter than anyone that lives in Ransomville. LOL.

You lose.

Again.

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2016, 06:40 PM
Is smarter than anyone that lives in Ransomville. LOL.

You lose.

Again.

No one likes you.

swiper
03-25-2016, 06:45 PM
No one likes you.

Just like your mother feels about you?

mdcas22
03-25-2016, 07:20 PM
The Raven's just let a franchise Quarterback just walk? I think not, hasn't anyone really thought about that? they are a franchise with 2 rings so they no talent and had TT there 4 years, if they let him walk for nothing that tell's me there's something wrong.

Goobylal
03-25-2016, 07:48 PM
The Raven's just let a franchise Quarterback just walk? I think not, hasn't anyone really thought about that? they are a franchise with 2 rings so they no talent and had TT there 4 years, if they let him walk for nothing that tell's me there's something wrong.

What did you expect them to do? Franchise him? Transition tag him? He was an UDFA and wasn't going to re-sign when they had Flacco under contract (at the time) until 2018.

Ingtar33
03-26-2016, 01:18 PM
RG3 just got 7.5/year from the browns to be the backup quarterback to whomever they draft in round 1.

Tyrod is grossly underpaid in this insane QB market and I don't think his agent asking for a new deal is wrong to.

If RG3 is getting 7.5 mil/year to warm a bench, Bradford is getting 17.5 mil/year, Osweiler got 18 mil/year, Cousins got 20 mil/year, Flacco got 30mil/year; and Fitzpatrick refused to sign a jets offer for 13mil/year; I'd argue that even if Tyrod doesn't get a tiny bit better then last year he's a better QB then Osweiler or Bradford ever will be right now. so there is your market for Tyrod.

He wanted to start, so he wouldn't sign for ANY amount of $$ to go back to the Ravens, because he'd never start behind Flacco. Its the same reason he didn't sign with the Broncos, even though Elway reportedly offered him a lot more $$ then the Bills. He wouldn't have started warming the bench for Manning. So nothing the Ravens could have offered him short of a chance to start would have kept him in Baltimore.

feldspar
03-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Just like your mother feels about you?

I'll have to go with old Bert on this one. When all else fails, demean a guy's mother or otherwise bring her into the equation. Right, Butch? Works every time. Doesn't make YOU look bad at all, really.

Well, your mother drives a meat wagon.

feldspar
03-26-2016, 01:58 PM
As to the thread, of course Tyrod deserves more money to be the starting QB on an NFL team. But, of course, he ain't gonna get it just yet, and I'm certain even his agent understands why. Both sides understand the contract game, I'm sure.

In reality, Tyrod owes the Bills quite a bit, too. I don't know who else would have given him the legitimate chance to actually start at the point the Bills did. Now he's playing for his pay-day. Nothing complicated about that whatsoever. Even if he has only a pretty good year, he'll see massive dollars...and the Bills are responsible for giving him this opportunity.

If he deserves it, the money will follow. So far, the Bills have done completely right by him. And they're doing the smart thing with their wait-and-see attitude. I don't know anybody who doesn't understand that, or who doesn't agree.

swiper
03-26-2016, 03:08 PM
I'll have to go with old Bert on this one. When all else fails, demean a guy's mother or otherwise bring her into the equation. Right, Butch? Works every time. Doesn't make YOU look bad at all, really.

Well, your mother drives a meat wagon.

You continue to show how you got your MENSA membership there.

Don't slip your tongue into your mother's exit canal (http://www.scribd.com/doc/20874742/Homosexual-Necrophilia-in-the-Mallard#scribd) tonight. Give the poor woman a break.

YardRat
03-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Tone it down a notch or two, willya?

feldspar
03-26-2016, 04:47 PM
Tone it down a notch or two, willya?

Don't worry.

As soon as somebody insults another fella's mother on the Internet, you've already been bested. This has never been contested by anyone, and so I must concede.

On the brighter side, I'm thinking of something of a Richard Simmons in a tutu for your brand new avatar. It should go well with your eyes. The only thing that holds me back is that we can't be 100% on which way the man actually swings. ;)

YardRat
03-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Don't worry.

As soon as somebody insults another fella's mother on the Internet, you've already been bested. This has never been contested by anyone, and so I must concede.

On the brighter side, I'm thinking of something of a Richard Simmons in a tutu for your brand new avatar. It should go well with your eyes. The only thing that holds me back is that we can't be 100% on which way the man actually swings. ;)

We'll see who's sitting on the brighter side come late-October to mid-November :beers:

swiper
03-26-2016, 05:36 PM
Poor the whine.

feldspar
03-26-2016, 06:20 PM
We'll see who's sitting on the brighter side come late-October to mid-November :beers:

C'mon now, son.

Even you must be rooting against you. If you lose, not only will the Bills have a winning record, but you'll finally have a valid excuse to sport that big gay avatar of your dreams. Nothing holding you back any more.

I'm currently working with the league and my agent for a clause to see that Mace gets the Richard Simmons in a tutu avatar if the Bills go 8-8. After all, SOMEBODY needs to lose.

Frenchman
03-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Just it is about him being durable. And playing injured that is the key questions.

DynaPaul
03-27-2016, 06:27 AM
With these average QBs getting big bucks it's costing more and more for this position. Hopefully we don't get raped by his agent.

feldspar
03-27-2016, 06:33 AM
With these average QBs getting big bucks it's costing more and more for this position. Hopefully we don't get raped by his agent.

From what I understand, there are plenty of people around here that enjoy being raped by agents.

swiper
03-27-2016, 09:46 AM
For the record, joking about being raped is about ten levels below mom jokes. Loser.

feldspar
03-27-2016, 10:33 AM
For the record, joking about being raped is about ten levels below mom jokes. Loser.

For the record, you're a douche.

Mind your own business.

Clearly, I'm a huge rape advocate. In fact, it just so happens that I was raped by your mom last week. She had more fun than a frog in a glass of milk.

BertSquirtgum
03-27-2016, 12:02 PM

No

Albany,n.y.
03-27-2016, 01:39 PM
This tread is a good example on how to explain the rise of Donald Trump.
People have gotten so used to being negative & insulting others with no consequences that it is now acceptable for a candidate for president to engage in the same activities & instead of people fleeing from this demagogue, they now identify with him.
Want to insult someone, just go on the internet and do it-no consequences. Trump is a master of that.

feldspar
03-27-2016, 03:02 PM
This tread is a good example on how to explain the rise of Donald Trump.
People have gotten so used to being negative & insulting others with no consequences that it is now acceptable for a candidate for president to engage in the same activities & instead of people fleeing from this demagogue, they now identify with him.
Want to insult someone, just go on the internet and do it-no consequences. Trump is a master of that.

Go fly a kite.

Lol.

On the other hand, I'll tell any douche that he's a douche and take whatever consequences. I've never been one for politics, much less being politically correct.

swiper
03-27-2016, 03:03 PM
For the record, you're a douche.

Mind your own business.

Clearly, I'm a huge rape advocate. In fact, it just so happens that I was raped by your mom last week. She had more fun than a frog in a glass of milk.

We can see who the douche is here, and it's not me. You're the one that butted into someone else's business btw, it's there for the world to see. So please FOAD at any time.

Hypocrite, douchebag.

The only reason the frog had fun was that you gave yourself a milk enema while he was in your glass.

feldspar
03-27-2016, 03:13 PM
We can see who the douche is here, and it's not me. You're the one that butted into someone else's business btw, it's there for the world to see. So please FOAD at any time.

Hypocrite, douchebag.

The only reason the frog had fun was that you gave yourself a milk enema while he was in your glass.

Help!

Who can compete with this pure gold?

You just keep after 'em, Butch. Only a matter of time until they all realize who is boss.

swiper
03-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Help!

Who can compete with this pure gold?

You just keep after 'em, Butch. Only a matter of time until they all realize who is boss.

It certainly isn't your mother. LOL.

Idiots unite. Feldspar & Bert with one hand tied behind my back.

feldspar
03-27-2016, 03:44 PM

What's that even supposed to mean?

BertSquirtgum
03-27-2016, 04:09 PM

Idiots unite. Feldspar & Bert with one hand tied behind my back.

You having fun?

feldspar
03-27-2016, 04:55 PM
You having fun?

Probably.

I'm convinced that he lives for this kind of contention. He'll keep replying back in inane fashion until you don't, too...as if any of this actually means anything.

Get prepared for the old "I know you are, but what am I" mind warp. It's a-comin'.

swiper
03-27-2016, 04:59 PM
Probably.

I'm convinced that he lives for this kind of contention. He'll keep replying back in inane fashion until you don't, too...as if any of this actually means anything.

Get prepared for the old "I know you are, but what am I" mind warp. It's a-comin'.

You've already done this too. Along with not "minding your own business" then telling me to mind mine.

MENSA lost a good one.

feldspar
03-27-2016, 05:09 PM
He'll keep replying back in inane fashion until you don't, too...as if any of this actually means anything.

See what I mean?