PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan just can't help himself. part...

sahlensguy
03-23-2016, 08:51 AM
Err, I've lost count.

"I think he’ll play left end, and when you’ve got [Ndamukong Suh] inside, it’s set up to play a 4-3 defense. I think that’s what they'll do with him. Play a nine technique, everything he wants," Ryan said, taking a jab at Williams' apparent resistance toward his role last season in the Bills' scheme.

So does Ryan think Williams will have his return trip to Ralph Wilson Stadium circled on his calendar once the NFL releases its schedule next month?

"I don’t know," Ryan responded. "We may have it circled."

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/24058/rex-ryan-mario-williams-gets-everything-he-wants-in-miami

Why go there and not just let it go. No need for locker room headlines for a guy that will see this twice a year. Suh might take it as motivation too.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-23-2016, 09:08 AM
ESPN just **** stirring again

"I think that was kind of overblown a little bit," Ryan said. "I think Mario ... I like him personally. He’s not perfect, just like the rest of them. I’m [not] perfect. I like Mario, and he’s been a great player in this league, a very productive player in this league, and I didn’t want to lose him, but that’s just the way it is."

sahlensguy
03-23-2016, 09:24 AM
ESPN just **** stirring again

The fact that Ryan felt the need to back track is on him, not on ESPN.

Victor7
03-23-2016, 09:38 AM
The "we have it circled" part is what gives it away. In this case I don't think its ESPN stirring anything.

Rex gonna Rex

IlluminatusUIUC
03-23-2016, 09:43 AM
The "we have it circled" part is what gives it away. In this case I don't think its ESPN stirring anything.

Rex gonna Rex

So does Ryan think Williams will have his return trip to Ralph Wilson Stadium circled on his calendar once the NFL releases its schedule next month?

They asked him specifically about Williams' feelings to bait him into a response. This is how sportswriters get answers they can use to manufacture controversy.

I can't fathom caring about this, but if you watch a press conference you'll see it happening repeatedly.

sahlensguy
03-23-2016, 09:48 AM

They asked him specifically about Williams' feelings to bait him into a response. This is how sportswriters get answers they can use to manufacture controversy.

I can't fathom caring about this, but if you watch a press conference you'll see it happening repeatedly.

How hard could it be to take the "it's like any other game" high road?

Victor7
03-23-2016, 09:53 AM

I understand that the media does this kind of thing. I do. I just don't think this is the case. Just because he threw "may" before "have it circled" doesn't make it less challenging IMO. He could've said something like .... I don't know, its just another game and that would've been the end of it.

Its not that big a deal. But it could've been a non issue.

ParanoidAndroid
03-23-2016, 09:57 AM
"I think that was kind of overblown a little bit," Ryan said. "I think Mario ... I like him personally. He’s not perfect, just like the rest of them. I’m [not] perfect. I like Mario, and he’s been a great player in this league, a very productive player in this league, and I didn’t want to lose him, but that’s just the way it is."

IlluminatusUIUC
03-23-2016, 10:04 AM
How hard could it be to take the "it's like any other game" high road?

Rex is making one of the most bland statements a human being can possibly make and he's still getting criticized for it. Literally "I don't know, maybe."

Pinkerton Security
03-23-2016, 10:06 AM
The fact that Ryan felt the need to back track is on him, not on ESPN.

what did he back track from? This is a non-story, period. Do you honestly believe players and coaches don't enjoy beating former teammates/players, regardless of how well they got along?

IlluminatusUIUC
03-23-2016, 10:08 AM
Do you honestly believe players and coaches don't enjoy beating former teammates/players, regardless of how well they got along?

Or that the coach of the Bills always treats the Miami home game as a crucial one?

Yasgur's Farm
03-23-2016, 10:46 AM
ESPN just **** stirring againESPN doesn't have to do a thing... Some of these posters will make a mountain out of it for them. It's really very petty.

sahlensguy
03-23-2016, 12:00 PM
what did he back track from? This is a non-story, period. Do you honestly believe players and coaches don't enjoy beating former teammates/players, regardless of how well they got along?

Boy I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard that lately.

Rex backtracked when he clarified his original answer with a new answer. The one he should have given in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

ESPN doesn't have to do a thing... Some of these posters will make a mountain out of it for them. It's really very petty.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

casdhf
03-23-2016, 12:22 PM
You are all a bunch of pussies. We have a game against the Dolphins circled on out schedule? Hasn't that been the case for about 50 years?

sahlensguy
03-23-2016, 12:29 PM
You are all a bunch of pussies. We have a game against the Dolphins circled on out schedule? Hasn't that been the case for about 50 years?

We have them ALL circled. Perfect answer.

cookie G
03-23-2016, 12:30 PM
"I think he’ll play left end, and when you’ve got [Marcel Dareus] inside, it’s set up to play a 4-3 defense.

SpikedLemonade
03-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Rex is an assclown.

Until he starts winning, I am deaf to his bullcrap.

Pinkerton Security
03-23-2016, 12:39 PM
Boy I wish I had a nickel for every time I heard that lately.

Rex backtracked when he clarified his original answer with a new answer. The one he should have given in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

You clearly have no reading comprehension. The question was asking whether MARIO had the date circled - Rex said "I dont know".

He then stated "Maybe we have it circled".

You have no idea what you're talking about, and this is bordering on troll status.

sahlensguy
03-23-2016, 12:46 PM
You clearly have no reading comprehension. The question was asking whether MARIO had the date circled - Rex said "I dont know".

He then stated "Maybe we have it circled".

You have no idea what you're talking about, and this is bordering on troll status.

My OP was more about "everything he wants" part.

chernobylwraiths
03-23-2016, 02:00 PM
eh, who cares.

What he should have said was that Tannehill will probably like the game a lot more since he won't have to worry about Mario on his ass all game.

DesertFox24
03-23-2016, 02:19 PM
What the heck do you want the guy to say, he was asked a question and he answered as honestly as he could now.

He is not Bill and will never be like bill so let it go

Joe Fo Sho
03-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Uh oh...is Rex yapping again?! Call the wahhhhmbulance!

We have them ALL circled. Perfect answer.

I'll be sure to send Rex a calendar with all of the games circled when the schedule comes out. That way we'll be sure that he won't forget about one.

cookie G
03-23-2016, 03:09 PM
My OP was more about "everything he wants" part.

That's how I read it too, a sarcastic barb from the mastermind of the worst Bills' defensive coaching job in the past decade.

He could have said it another way (in an equally sarcastic tone).."gee, let's hope Mario is happy at last because he finally gets what he wants"

Just more of his sarcastic attempts to deflect blame from himself once again.

I hate to say it, but I called this in October:

Coordinators (and I'll consider Rex one in this case) are the most pampered people in all of sports.

Players are usually asked to learn 3,4 or more "systems" in their career.

A DC can only coach 1, and seem incapable of learning another in a 30 year career.

When a player or series of players, has success doing things a certain way, the DC comes in and says, "but its not MY way"

When these same players fail doing things HIS way, its invariably the fault of the players, which leads to rebuilding a D with HIS type of players.

Jesus...teams pay dearly through draft choices, trades and free agents to build a dominant front 4. And when you have one that creates pressure without blitzing...you have 7 back in coverage.

That's a dream scenario..something the Bills actually had.

But someone has to come in and take that away, because its not what HE coaches.

Time for someone's ego to be taken down, and someone needs to lock him in a room with game tape from last year.

Because with his presnap "confusion", he's not getting the pressure there was last year when they were sending 4.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/231138-Rex-Ryan-has-ruined-our-defense!

Rex...prove me wrong...shut up..do YOUR job.

YardRat
03-23-2016, 04:09 PM
"I think he’ll play left end, and when you’ve got [Ndamukong Suh] inside, it’s set up to play a 4-3 defense. I think that’s what they'll do with him. Play a nine technique..."

Unfortunate for us the ****ing dumbass didn't think the same thing last season, replacing 'Suh' with 'Dareus'.

Mace
03-23-2016, 04:10 PM
What the heck do you want the guy to say, he was asked a question and he answered as honestly as he could now.

If he learned a crap he'd say "We play against teams, not players." If he knew Mario Williams he'd say "Mario's a great player with nothing to prove" to make Mario inclined to loaf. How about "We circle 16 games a season, intending to circle even more, I want every game to be that important."

Mario practiced against these guys for years. he knows them, he's loaded with skill when he applies it, Suh and Wake will be along side him. If he brings his "A" game for only 2 games this season, he's going to go wild on, oh, who do we have at RT ?...Seantrel Henderson. Good luck on that.

Yes yes Joe Fo, the yapping again. Whaaaambulance coming when Rex can't put up again and won't shut up.

YardRat
03-23-2016, 04:13 PM
That's how I read it too, a sarcastic barb from the mastermind of the worst Bills' defensive coaching job in the past decade.

He could have said it another way (in an equally sarcastic tone).."gee, let's hope Mario is happy at last because he finally gets what he wants"

Just more of his sarcastic attempts to deflect blame from himself once again.

I hate to say it, but I called this in October:

It took you 5 months to catch up, but at least you are one of the ones that did :beers:

swiper
03-23-2016, 05:10 PM
I called it the day it was announced Pegula's drones were talking to the fat chump.

Mace
03-23-2016, 06:33 PM
I called it the day it was announced Pegula's drones were talking to the fat chump.

Well, he's not really fat anymore.

DesertFox24
03-24-2016, 09:13 AM
I did not want Rex to be the coach, but he is and it is what it is. If a player in the PROS has to be motivated to play then I don't want them on my team. Who cares is my point. Those that want Rex fired should be excited because if we lose a bunch he and whaley will be fired and guess what we get to suck again for even longer.

Mace
03-24-2016, 05:01 PM
I did not want Rex to be the coach, but he is and it is what it is. If a player in the PROS has to be motivated to play then I don't want them on my team. Who cares is my point. Those that want Rex fired should be excited because if we lose a bunch he and whaley will be fired and guess what we get to suck again for even longer.

It is being what it is, Rex has two and only two things he brings to the table. Motivator and Defensive guru. If you don't like the first trait, and he still seems to be attempting it in his way, you have to load him up with the defensive guys he wants and see if the second works better.

There's not anything to get "excited" about in thinking you're team is headed in the wrong direction, and if we get to suck again even longer it sure won't be my fault for observing that it looks to be in progress.

Geez, people seem to blame people for noticing the obvious, like it's their fault they notice the obvious. Well it's not my fault, and I've been noticing things for decades of watching this team. I didn't cause a damn one of them and it would have been stupid if I just ignored it.

I want them to win as much as anyone, and if they give me good stuff to notice then I'll be more than happy to. I won't ignore that either.

Who cares ? Well I do, because I've rooting for them for decades. It's a freaking message board where you say what you think and hear from people who think otherwise. I don't get "excited" when "I think" they're headed in the wrong direction, but why shouldn't I say it.

Come on now.

YardRat
03-24-2016, 06:49 PM

Then cut bait...the earlier, the better. If somebody is going to have to man-up and admit they ****ed up, might as well do it now.

sahlensguy
03-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Neanderthal Gronk is trolling Rex now. Pathetic.

http://thornography.weei.com/sports/boston/2016/03/24/rob-gronkowski-wordlessly-trolls-rex-ryan-on-facebook/

stuckincincy
03-28-2016, 10:14 AM
Another show biz spout by Rex:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648318/article/rex-ryan-says-he-hopes-ryan-fitzpatrick-leaves-jets

sahlensguy
03-28-2016, 10:19 AM
Another show biz spout by Rex:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000648318/article/rex-ryan-says-he-hopes-ryan-fitzpatrick-leaves-jets

Rex is 8-1 against Fitz. Only in Rex's world would we be better off facing a different qb twice a year.

Joe Fo Sho
03-28-2016, 10:41 AM
Rex is 8-1 against Fitz. Only in Rex's world would we be better off facing a different qb twice a year.

Only in Rex's world is Fitzpatrick a better QB than Geno Smith?

Mace
03-28-2016, 02:12 PM

Yapping maybe ?

Joe Fo Sho
03-28-2016, 02:17 PM
Yapping maybe ?

Ha, Bills fans yap more than Rex does.

Mace
03-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Ha, Bills fans yap more than Rex does.

But but....he's yapping just a little, maybe ?

ParanoidAndroid
03-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Other coaches say things. Rex Ryan is just more interesting and fun to interview. People need to get over it.

Joe Fo Sho
03-28-2016, 02:30 PM
But but....he's yapping just a little, maybe ?

When the conversation turned to Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, though, Ryan seemed a little more genuine. But was he?

"I hope he goes somewhere else, I do," Ryan said last week at the AFC Coaches Breakfast, via ESPN.com. "He's tougher than hell. What's lost in it is, he might have played poorly against us -- it might have been a bad day (in Week 17) -- but I think they won five straight with him and he was lighting it up, probably the most yards in the history of that franchise. We'll see. Like I said, I hope they lose him."

I don't see a yap in there.

Mace
03-28-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't see a yap in there.

yap (yăp)v. yapped, yap·ping, yaps
v.intr.1. To bark sharply or shrilly; yelp.

Are you sure he didn't bark it out, use a shrill tone of voice or yelp it ?

sahlensguy
03-28-2016, 06:47 PM

I doubt Geno would get the start in Fitz' absence.

Joe Fo Sho
03-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Are you sure he didn't bark it out, use a shrill tone of voice or yelp it ?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as there's no video of the interview. Maybe if his quote was in italics or if it were bolded, but I just can't tell from the plain font.

Joe Fo Sho
03-28-2016, 07:22 PM
I doubt Geno would get the start in Fitz' absence.

If the season started today, I bet he would.

Even still, the only other QB on the roster is Bryce Petty, who I also would say is a worse option at QB than Fitz for this season.

Mace
03-28-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as there's no video of the interview. Maybe if his quote was in italics or if it were bolded, but I just can't tell from the plain font.

You've bested me this time Fo Sho, hope you're happy with yourself while harming my self-esteem.

Joe Fo Sho
03-28-2016, 07:44 PM
You've bested me this time Fo Sho, hope you're happy with yourself while harming my self-esteem.

Don't worry, there will be another Rex quote any day now. You'll have another chance, it's only a matter of time.