PDA

View Full Version : 30 for 30: Mike Singletary

Bill Cody
03-25-2016, 07:55 PM
Mike Singletary was a Hall of Fame player. He became an NFL coach, then a HC. He won 5 of his 1st 7 games as interim coach, then 8-8 his first full year. He was fired after a 10 loss 2nd year. He's been working on his own since 2010 to learn what he didn't know about the game, to prepare for a 2nd chance. I hope after we fire Rex we give him a chance. Singletary is a super intense guy, probably why he was fired but I like it. He wants to win so badly. He could do well his 2nd time around. The 30 for 30 show was inspiring.
Yeah I'm already looking beyond Rex. Sue me. I see Rex, listen to Rex, I want to puke.

Mace
03-25-2016, 08:09 PM
Mike Singletary was a Hall of Fame player. He became an NFL coach, then a HC. He won 5 of his 1st 7 games as interim coach, then 8-8 his first full year. He was fired after a 10 loss 2nd year. He's been working on his own since 2010 to learn what he didn't know about the game, to prepare for a 2nd chance. I hope after we fire Rex we give him a chance. Singletary is a super intense guy, probably why he was fired but I like it. He wants to win so badly. He could do well his 2nd time around. The 30 for 30 show was inspiring.
Yeah I'm already looking beyond Rex. Sue me. I see Rex, listen to Rex, I want to puke.

I'd rather they just hire a guy who shuts up and does his job without feeling a need to drop his pants in the locker room to make his point.

BillsImpossible
03-25-2016, 08:17 PM
I've never seen so many fans quit on a coach after 1 year.

Bill Cody
03-25-2016, 08:33 PM
I've never seen so many fans quit on a coach after 1 year.

Jets fans read this post and LOL. Would Singletary be better in a 2nd act? IDK Is Rex different? You know he isn't.

Bill Cody
03-25-2016, 08:38 PM
I'd rather they just hire a guy who shuts up and does his job without feeling a need to drop his pants in the locker room to make his point.
Idk. Every time I've dropped my pants it's worked out pretty well, sometimes really well

Ed
03-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Cannot win with him! Can't do it!

feldspar
03-26-2016, 03:15 AM

Lol, that's the first thing I thought of when I heard the name Mike Singletary too. You can be a Hall of Fame type player and all that, but drop your pants just one time...

On the other hand, such a picture might make a great avatar. ;)