• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Expansion Blues
    Bringing Bills fans the new news from Houston
    • Jul 2003

Hollings cleared to work out from day 1

I know you guys are anxious to see McGahee run. I am sure you are watching Hollings to see how fast he hits the field. Apparently he will not start on the PUP list to start the year as some have predicted.

I have my fingers crossed. Good luck with McGahee.

Tony Hollings, who could be the workhorse running back the Texans have been seeking, won't have to kick open the barn door after all to get onto the field when two-a-day workouts begin Saturday.

The coaches will be more than happy to flip the latch, and they just might roll out a red carpet. Hollings, who along with second-round draft pick Bennie Joppru, signed four-year contracts Thursday, has been cleared for full participation during training camp and won't be placed on the physically unable to perform list, as originally feared. Third-round selection Dave Ragone signed a three-year deal Thursday, essentially concluding the Texans' negotiations with draft picks.

Hollings, whom the Texans selected in the supplemental draft this month, had knee surgery more than 10 months ago, but the Texans have been so impressed with his workouts they see no reason to put reins on him. "He's a go," general manager Charley Casserly said. "After having him here for two weeks, we feel the next step is to put him on the field. We're going to be cautious, but we are going in with the attitude of putting him on the field and seeing how he responds.

"When we took him, we all knew he would be better in three months and better three months after that. It's going to be a steady process, but we're excited about getting him on the field for the start of training camp."...

..."I always thought I would be out there doing everything at the beginning of training camp," said Hollings, who got a four-year contract worth $2.3 million with a $933,000 signing bonus. "I'm clear. I'm ready to go. It's been almost 11 months, and I'm just ready to get on the field.
    Chronicle
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Thanks E.B. :)

past thread about Hollings
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Expansion Blues
      Bringing Bills fans the new news from Houston
      • Jul 2003

appreciate it...

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Hollings still has hopes for pro career

HOUSTON (AP) -- Although his football career has had its share of twists and turns, all Tony Hollings cares about is that his path has led him to a contract with the Houston Texans and a chance to recover from serious knee surgery.

Although sweat dripped from his face after completing his first workouts at Texans training camp this weekend, it couldn't dampen his smile.

"I've been through a lot but it only made me stronger," Hollings said. "It's got to come out in me now, this is my main goal. I'm here now and I've got to fulfill my dream.
        more
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
        X