X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Thinking about this upcomimg draft..

You think the Bills may be looking at !st rd. Ragland, 2nd rd. Cravens ?
    Both would fill needs. Rex doesn't seem to be a big fan of Brown. And that lb position is important in Rex's defense.
    Cravens would be a guy who could match up with NewEng's tight ends.
    Of course it is possible that neither will be available in those rounds at the Bills picks. {19 and 49}
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Thinking about this upcomimg draft..

Those aren't bad ideas at all. I believe the biggest needs are D Front 7 and OT. A QB or 2 will be selected somewhere, maybe a WR but I'm starting to doubt it.

What's encouraging is that D Front 7 and OT is very deep. Very open on suggestions because there is so many viable options.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

I admit I haven't been following the draft that much, what is the deal with Ragland? I've read he's a 2 down run stopper only, which doesn't make sense as a first round pick to me.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
        I admit I haven't been following the draft that much, what is the deal with Ragland? I've read he's a 2 down run stopper only, which doesn't make sense as a first round pick to me.
        Athleticism v. Instincts

Turn on his tape and you see him jump off the field with his ability, but his measurements and athleticism have many wondering about his ability to play all three downs in the NFL. I think this is probably a situation where we are looking too much at measurements and not enough at on the field production.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Who
          • Jul 2002

I watched the Alabama pro day on the SEC Network. Granted, the talking heads are probably going to err on the side of bombastic praise, but they certainly seemed sincere in their view that Ragland is a special player and more than a two-down thumper.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I like them both, would rather have Ragland in the first than Cravens in the second, though. I want a thumper in the middle, even if it is only for 2 downs, and Su'a is a little light in the ass.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

I'd be pleased with Ragland and Cravens.

Can Ragland play 3 downs ? I think so. As Draftboy said, he's more than his measurements. Two 3 down true linebackers are all that Ryan means to use in his flavor of defense, so if he's perceived to be 2 down only he won't be here.

Cravens is not an OLB though he's listed so. He's a safety hybrid. You get him to move around, he'll do a little bit of everything, roles not position. He's not Bryan Scott trying to do it in a Tampa-2. He's a better more flexible piece for a Ryan defense, but don't think he'd be replacing Bradham. If they do take him, figure they just took a strong safety.

I think they'd be wiser to take an impact lineman at 19 (either one of the top 4 ot's - unlikely if they really believe in Henderson, I think they do, or a defensive stud). For Ryan defense purposes, there are a bunch of other linebackers that will still be around in the middle rounds.

But I'd be very pleased with Ragland and Cravens 1 & 2.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

It looks like Clay Harbor is now signing with New Eng. That's three tight-ends and BIG targets for Brady, and he likes throwing to his te's.. The Bills need a few guys to match up in this draft.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

My first thought is that I hope that Goff or Paxton Lynch falls to us at 19. With the Jets picking right after the Bills and their QB situation being a potential Geno Smith vs. whomever else they have as the battle for a starter, I would think that a team like the Broncos might want to move ahead of the NYJ to pick a QB there.

I want the Bills to move down if at all possible. As of right now, I think the Bills need a NT, DE, ILB, OLB, possible S depending on A. Williams' health, CB, OT depending on Henderson's health, OL depth, WR, backup QB, Kicker. I think that we all say this every year, but I see a bunch of really good players projected to go Rounds 2-5 and the more picks in those mid rounds the better.
                  Last edited by Scumbag College; 03-30-2016, 06:56 PM.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                    My first thought is that I hope that Goff or Paxton Lynch falls to us at 19. With the Jets picking right after the Bills and their QB situation being a potential Geno Smith vs. whomever else they have as the battle for a starter, I would think that a team like the Broncos might want to move ahead of the NYJ to pick a QB there.

I want the Bills to move down if at all possible. As of right now, I think the Bills need a NT, DE, ILB, OLB, possible S depending on A. Williams' health, CB, OT depending on Henderson's health, OL depth, WR, backup QB, Kicker. I think that we all say this every year, but I see a bunch of really good players projected to go Rounds 2-5 and the more picks in those mid rounds the better.

If they plan to play mostly 3 -4 defensive sets, they should be in the market for a big DE, and LBs.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                      If they plan to play mostly 3 -4 defensive sets, they should be in the market for a big DE, and LBs.
                      Jarran Reed, NT/DT and DE, end of running games. Collect another guy to rotate later.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                        • Oct 2002

I'm a big fan of taking Billings out of Baylor if he is available at #19 and they don't move out of the position. Space eater and play maker all in one.
                        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Dr. Who
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          I'd be pleased with Ragland and Cravens.

Can Ragland play 3 downs ? I think so. As Draftboy said, he's more than his measurements. Two 3 down true linebackers are all that Ryan means to use in his flavor of defense, so if he's perceived to be 2 down only he won't be here.

Cravens is not an OLB though he's listed so. He's a safety hybrid. You get him to move around, he'll do a little bit of everything, roles not position. He's not Bryan Scott trying to do it in a Tampa-2. He's a better more flexible piece for a Ryan defense, but don't think he'd be replacing Bradham. If they do take him, figure they just took a strong safety.

I think they'd be wiser to take an impact lineman at 19 (either one of the top 4 ot's - unlikely if they really believe in Henderson, I think they do, or a defensive stud). For Ryan defense purposes, there are a bunch of other linebackers that will still be around in the middle rounds.

But I'd be very pleased with Ragland and Cravens 1 & 2.
                          I'd like Ragland and then ridiculously hope that somehow Vernon Butler falls into the second. I'd even trade up a bit to get him.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post

This is my thinking also. Some of the potential prospects we're talking about at 19 are still going to be there at the end of round 1. There are going to be a lot of good players available in rounds 2 and 3 so I'd rather see the Bills move down and get extra picks. And my first thought was the Broncos trading up for Lynch. Maybe we could get their 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Goff And Wentz will be gone. Lynch will be there. Even though I mocked him in one of those simulators to the Bills at #19, I am not sure that is the correct move. Important to fill holes. Will Lynch be there in the 2nd?

Comment

Working...
                              X