PDA

View Full Version : Harvin definitely playing in 2016

Mace
03-30-2016, 08:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000649064/article/percy-harvin-definitely-playing-football-in-2016

I liked what Harvin did for a few games and wanted to bring him back at first, but on second thought I'm thinking he can take his few good games a year elsewhere.

Night Train
03-30-2016, 08:26 PM
But if the Pats signed him, it would be brilliant. I know how this place works.

Unless Glenn and Gilmore sign new deals and reduce their cap number, the point is moot.

coastal
03-30-2016, 08:29 PM

Scumbag College
03-30-2016, 08:35 PM
I don't know, this sounds like a PR piece that will sucker another NFL team for putting in a few million dollars into a signing bonus and have him ending up on IR by Week 6.

Kinda what happened to us.

WagonCircler
03-30-2016, 08:54 PM
He's Whaley type of player. Tremendous physical skills, zero brain matter.

stuckincincy
03-30-2016, 09:04 PM
I don't know, this sounds like a PR piece that will sucker another NFL team for putting in a few million dollars into a signing bonus and have him ending up on IR by Week 6.

Kinda what happened to us.

Yep. Percy - or his agents - are smart. He's been on 4 clubs in his 6 years. He cashes in like Orton and Fitz did...

Turf
03-30-2016, 09:12 PM
**** Harvin. He quit on us last year. **** him.

cookie G
03-30-2016, 09:23 PM

We're not getting a 5 cards stud thing this year, are we?

coastal
03-30-2016, 09:45 PM
We're not getting a 5 cards stud thing this year, are we?last year was my first year of not doing one since I started back when we drafted Kyle Williams.

maybe I'll pull one together only to have my hopes dashed by the next line of CBs, safeties and punt returners.

Ed
03-31-2016, 08:25 AM
I'd like to see him come back for reasonable money based on his injury history, assuming he can pass the physical without issue. If he has lingering hip issues or whatever that are simply never going to go away then I'd probably pass, but I think he's worth the risk if he looks healthy. I liked the chemistry he had last year with Tyrod and he was our best offensive player early in the season. At this point he's a lot better than anyone else they can bring in at WR and he already has familiarity with Roman. I don't think we can count on a rookie to make a big impact and all the other guys they have are just bodies.

ParanoidAndroid
03-31-2016, 09:29 AM
Once a player starts talking about early retirement, it's pretty much done. He'll never do more than the bare minimum needed to make some more money before he calls it quits.

Skooby
03-31-2016, 12:31 PM
last year was my first year of not doing one since I started back when we drafted Kyle Williams.

maybe I'll pull one together only to have my hopes dashed by the next line of CBs, safeties and punt returners.

Having your hopes dashed is a yearly event for Buffalo fans, unless you count the Bandits / 1960's Championship as meaningful.

pmoon6
03-31-2016, 06:30 PM
We're not getting a 5 cards stud thing this year, are we?You mean his 5 star duds?

He gets one right in twenty, further proving that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.

Mace
03-31-2016, 07:01 PM
He gets one right in twenty, further proving that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn sometimes.

I saw a squirrel bury an acorn once, waited until he left, went and dug it up to appreciate stealing from a squirrel. Damn thing came back out of nowhere, was all over me. Had my shotgun. Ended up shooting up my neighbor's house while I was running away screaming. He had a shotgun too and thought the laws were on him finally, returned fire. I thought the squirrel was shooting at me and shot back when I found cover. By the time the SWAT team had it sorted out I lost the acorn. Have appreciated squirrel berserker frenzy since.

This isn't an analogy to be used lightly, some of us have been to the edge with the beasts.

One thing I'll remember until my last breath. That damn squirrel was wearing glasses.

Cali512
03-31-2016, 08:43 PM
Can we stop playing stupid? Does no one remember Harvin disappearing and Whaley coming out saying idk what's going on with him, then days later Harvin being on IR? It's obvious this guy fakes injuries and takes his bonus and leaves. I wouldn't be surprised if a doctor came out and claimed Harvin has only had a few injuries in his career. He's a mater at manipulating a situation. He missed a whole season and chose to play in the Superbowl IMO and git away with it. He's just trying to not be injured, he plays when he wants.

X-Era
04-01-2016, 03:19 AM
:pray: Please not here, please not here, please not here

HHURRICANE
04-01-2016, 04:20 AM
I heard we gave him an offer.

If he stays healthy he's by far one of the better receivers in the league.

YardRat
04-01-2016, 04:23 AM
Should the thread title be changed to 'Harvin definitely getting paid in 2016', for the sake of accuracy?

DynaPaul
04-03-2016, 10:47 AM
He owes us like 9 games for free after last year.

Mace
04-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Should the thread title be changed to 'Harvin definitely getting paid in 2016', for the sake of accuracy?

Wish I would have thought of it at the time.

pmoon6
04-04-2016, 06:12 PM
If he's healthy, I wouldn't mind having him on the roster.

BertSquirtgum
04-05-2016, 12:18 AM
**** this piece of ****. Let him go play 3-4 games for somebody else.