PDA

View Full Version : Eugene Parker dead at 60

BLeonard
04-01-2016, 06:55 PM
No, not an April Fool's joke, just saw this on my local news: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/nfl-super-agent-parker-representative-for-three-bills-passes-away

It was announced this morning that Eugene Parker, the agent to some of the best players in the NFL for a very long time, lost his battle with kidney cancer. Parker, 60, first discovered the cancer in November of 2015.

Represented Byrd and Peters and was somewhat a thorn in the side for the Bills over the years, but still sad to hear he's gone.

-Bill

Night Train
04-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Cancer sucks. RIP.

Mace
04-01-2016, 07:06 PM
RIP, if I was a player, I'd have wanted him working for me.

YardRat
04-01-2016, 07:15 PM

DynaPaul
04-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Man that guy hated the Bills and wanted to squeeze every last penny out of the franchise for players who often didn't deserve that much. That aside, I don't wish any ill on the man so rest in peace Eugene.

pmoon6
04-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Man that guy hated the Bills and wanted to squeeze every last penny out of the franchise for players who often didn't deserve that much. That aside, I don't wish any ill on the man so rest in peace Eugene.I don't think he hated the Bills. He just played hardball because he could. He knew the Bills were a second or third tier team and they had to pay more to keep a player. What we don't know is how much input the player himself had in the negotiations.

That's just the business side of the NFL.

DynaPaul
04-03-2016, 10:44 AM
I don't think he hated the Bills. He just played hardball because he could. He knew the Bills were a second or third tier team and they had to pay more to keep a player. What we don't know is how much input the player himself had in the negotiations.

That's just the business side of the NFL.

Very true, I just felt like he took it to the extreme here.

Victor7
04-04-2016, 08:29 AM
We obviously don't know the whole stories but he always seemed to want his guys to walk away from the Bills. If not we had to over pay by a lot. I get it that it was business but that mantra does not entitle people to act like *******s which he seemed to be (to us at least)

With that said this is terrible news. Cancer is the worst scum of earth and you gotta feel for the guy. He was still very much active and had plenty left to live for. RIP