PDA

View Full Version : Defense

Jaybird
04-02-2016, 04:36 PM
all the talk surrounding the draft for the bills is D. I agree we should be investing top picks on that side of the football. however, in my opinion we are short 3 starters at the position at this point, and lack some major depth. We need someone on the line, Middle LB that can stop the run and play on third down. Also, we need a safety. We can not have 3 rookie D men starting in such a complex system, and expect to be competitive.

current cap situation won't allow for a big trade or pick up (no one left either). I don't have an the answer, but i think we need to look high and low for some veteran help at all 3 positions.

Mace
04-02-2016, 04:53 PM
all the talk surrounding the draft for the bills is D. I agree we should be investing top picks on that side of the football. however, in my opinion we are short 3 starters at the position at this point, and lack some major depth. We need someone on the line, Middle LB that can stop the run and play on third down. Also, we need a safety. We can not have 3 rookie D men starting in such a complex system, and expect to be competitive.

current cap situation won't allow for a big trade or pick up (no one left either). I don't have an the answer, but i think we need to look high and low for some veteran help at all 3 positions.

I'd still rather have draft help, which can be starters. Unless you can find Ryan guys, his rigid system doesn't seem at all veteran friendly, by what happened to our vets last year. May as well get Ryan prospects that can cut their teeth on it. Will take time, but let's face it, Ryan isn't going anywhere for a while and this team is no title contender.

swiper
04-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Not going to be too much free agent action until after the drat settles out at this point.

Mace
04-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Not going to be too much free agent action until after the drat settles out at this point.

Isn't anyone out there anyway for a miracle fix.

YardRat
04-02-2016, 05:09 PM
I think three is being generous, IMO it's probably closer to six. The biggest thing that could happen for this defense this offseason isn't necessarily just adding players (although they definitely need to) but simplifying the schemes and the calls and just letting the players play.

Mace
04-02-2016, 05:13 PM
I think three is being generous, IMO it's probably closer to six. The biggest thing that could happen for this defense this offseason isn't necessarily just adding players (although they definitely need to) but simplifying the schemes and the calls and just letting the players play.

Good luck on that though. They're doubling down on "system".

YardRat
04-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Just another aspect of two steps forward (with Schwartz) and three steps back for the Wrecksing Crew...in 2013 Pettine's biggest weakness was up the middle (no NT, weak at ILB with Kiko, weak at safety with Byrd) and here we are once again needing what? Yes, a NT, a ILB and a safety.

Mace
04-02-2016, 05:43 PM
Just another aspect of two steps forward (with Schwartz) and three steps back for the Wrecksing Crew...in 2013 Pettine's biggest weakness was up the middle (no NT, weak at ILB with Kiko, weak at safety with Byrd) and here we are once again needing what? Yes, a NT, a ILB and a safety.

Plus an OLB , DE and CB ! Have to figure under Schwartz we only needed depth, maybe a better OLB for TE's.

justasportsfan
04-02-2016, 07:34 PM
No worries. We have Rexy's twin to save the day

HHURRICANE
04-03-2016, 07:54 AM
Isn't anyone out there anyway for a miracle fix.

Brandon Spikes

Mace
04-03-2016, 12:51 PM
Brandon Spikes

He's a 2 down LB, Rex uses 3 down LBs, didn't play last year and hasn't been pulled in as a fix, much less a miracle one or depth, by 32 teams. Probably not a good idea.