PDA

View Full Version : "Four offensive players who could fit the Bills at pick 19"

Yasgur's Farm
04-06-2016, 07:18 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/Four-offensive-players-who-could-fit-the-Bills-at-/22636079

Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

With the lingering contractual situation of Tyrod Taylor, and the Bills not yet fully committed to him, you have to keep the door open that they could take a QB at 19 if he’s ranked high enough on their board and available.

Lynch would really the be the only one I could see falling into those categories. He’s the consensus number three QB in the draft behind Carson Wentz and Jared Goff (in whatever order), but there’s a drop-off to the next signal-caller that wouldn’t warrant a first round selection.

Lynch is physically gifted and looks the part of a solid NFL QB. He’s 6-7, 245 and has a very strong arm. Yet, he’s also a very good athlete with the footwork of a smaller QB, able to move and get out of trouble. His size allows him to see down the field, over top of linebackers.

Lynch threw for 3778 yards, 28 TDs and 4 interceptions last year. He had a 66.8-completion percentage and was hardly sacked. Those numbers reflect his athleticism and escapability, but also the offense he played in, which is the biggest question mark.

Many of Lynch’s throws were quick, one-reads and near the line of scrimmage. His receivers racked up a ton of that yardage by themselves with the ball in their hands. So, Lynch is going to have to show he can anticipate throws, put the ball in the right spot consistently down the field, and even "throw wide receivers open" in order to be the kind of solid NFL starter many believe he can be. He wasn’t asked to do that in college as much as other QBs. But that doesn’t mean he can’t.

Bill Cody
04-06-2016, 07:40 AM
I'll puke if we take a receiver at 19

POTLAND PSILBYLO
04-06-2016, 07:51 AM
I'll puke if we take a receiver at 19 No need now with Hankerson signed up

Scumbag College
04-06-2016, 08:04 AM
I really don't see the Bills going anywhere besides rush linebacker or DL in the first.

Dr. Who
04-06-2016, 08:12 AM
According to that weasel, Rodak, the Bills met with Lynch. Could be a smokescreen or due diligence.
I have a feeling he's in play at #19, though they are probably open to a lot of options.
I lean defense, but Lynch intrigues me.

Ed
04-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Someone asked Chris Brown about Treadwell in one of his recent fan friday blogs and he seemed to strongly believe that Treadwell will fall out of the first round.

Skooby
04-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Taylor played in the probowl and had great stats in his first starting year, yet we are pining to draft a QB ?? WTF is wrong with this ??

There's no way we draft a QB at 19, maybe if we drop back and take him like 27th / 28th and grab an extra 2nd / 4th.

Dr. Who
04-06-2016, 09:01 AM
I read on BBMB that Bill Polian has apparently said the Bills should do whatever it takes to get Lynch.
I have not verified this, but the poster has been around awhile and generally seems a straight-shooter.
I think Polian has a lot of weight with Pegula . . .

Joe Fo Sho
04-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Taylor played in the probowl

After Cam couldn't go, and Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Palmer, Dalton, Rivers, and Brees backed out. So yeah, after those 8 guys declined, he was asked to go.

Tyrod is still a fairly big question mark. If he has the same season statistically that he had last year, would you be willing to give him $15 million per year?

Skooby
04-06-2016, 09:10 AM
After Cam couldn't go, and Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Palmer, Dalton, Rivers, and Brees backed out. So yeah, after those 8 guys declined, he was asked to go.

Tyrod is still a fairly big question mark. If he has the same season statistically that he had last year, would you be willing to give him $15 million per year?

So he's was the 9th QB, does that mean we will draft a starting QB ? We have much more of a need at LB or D-line as mentioned earlier, versus filling in for QB. QB is like the last thing I'm worried about & considering how little starting experience Taylor has, I'd like a bigger body of work before paying him $15 M (or more).

If he plays the same or better this year without any injuries, pay the man.

Yasgur's Farm
04-06-2016, 09:19 AM
You're being short sighted Skooby... Lynch will be A. Rogered until he's needed or ready. PLUS... We'll need a back-up by 2017.

sukie
04-06-2016, 09:24 AM
So he's was the 9th QB, does that mean we will draft a starting QB ? We have much more of a need at LB or D-line as mentioned earlier, versus filling in for QB. QB is like the last thing I'm worried about & considering how little starting experience Taylor has, I'd like a bigger body of work before paying him $15 M (or more).

QB is the single most important position and any attempt at locating and locking down a franchise QB is of utmost importance unless one is content with sneaking into the playoffs and losing an extra road game followed by champagne.

Dr. Who
04-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Rand Getlin

‎@Rand_Getlin

And a note for #Bills fans: I'm told Greg Roman is also at Paxton Lynch's Pro Day. Really interesting prospect with a special skill-set.

Yasgur's Farm
04-06-2016, 09:56 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/Report-Bills-visiting-with-Lynch/22639549

On Wednesday, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported that the Bills are down in Memphis, Tennessee visiting with prospect quarterback, Paxton Lynch. Paolantonio also said that among those in Memphis to visit with Lynch is offensive coordinator, Greg Roman.

Bill Cody
04-06-2016, 10:15 AM
I really don't see the Bills going anywhere besides rush linebacker or DL in the first.

I really don't see the Bills winning a championship with Tyrod Taylor under center. Do I see the Bills trading up to get Lynch? No. Do I see him being the pick if he's on the board at 19? Yes.

Joe Fo Sho
04-06-2016, 10:46 AM
So he's was the 9th QB

Not exactly. Russell Wilson was the only QB voted in who played, then 8 backed out, so he was anywhere from 10-14, along with Eli, Winston, Bridgewater, and Carr. Which is assuming you think the Pro Bowl actually means something, which it doesn't. Not to mention he was by far the worst QB that played in that game, throwing 3 interceptions.

does that mean we will draft a starting QB ?

It certainly wouldn't surprise me.

QB is like the last thing I'm worried about

I know you don't mean that. At least I hope you don't.

I'd like a bigger body of work before paying him $15 M (or more).

So would the Bills, and rightfully so. I hope he can show that he's worth that much money.

If he has a similar season where he still refuses to throw over the middle, then I would be fine letting him walk.

DraftBoy
04-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Someone asked Chris Brown about Treadwell in one of his recent fan friday blogs and he seemed to strongly believe that Treadwell will fall out of the first round.

According to Daniel Jeremiah of the NFLN last night, he tweeted that Will Fuller will be the first WR drafted based on what he is hearing.

phil3782
04-06-2016, 11:49 AM
We will never compete regularly for a playoff spot and Super Bowl until we get a franchise QB. If the Bills believe Lynch could be a franchise QB then draft him. Taylor is not a franchise QB. There are worst QBs in the league then him but he is far from elite.

Ed
04-06-2016, 12:28 PM
My guess right now is that the Bills will draft Cardale Jones in round 4 or 5. He needs work as a passer, but he's a guy that Roman could still use this year in short yardage situations. If the Bills are already talking about extending Tyrod, it's hard to see them taking a qb in round 1. Maybe they're just trying to generate a lot of buzz for Lynch to get someone to trade in front of them, so that other players they like have a better chance of falling to them at #19.

X-Era
04-06-2016, 12:31 PM
I'll puke if we take a receiver at 19 Get your puke bag ready. It's very possible.

Night Train
04-06-2016, 12:36 PM
I'll puke if we take a receiver at 19

OT yes

Otherwise , D Front 7.

Bill Cody
04-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Get your puke bag ready. It's very possible.

I refuse to entertain that possibility therefore I'm going bagless

Ed
04-06-2016, 01:02 PM
If the Bills stay at #19 and they pick anything other than DL or OLB/edge rusher I would be surprised. I see OL, QB, and WR all being drafted with one of the 8 picks, but not in the first.

YardRat
04-06-2016, 03:11 PM
My first choice is oline or D front seven. My second and third choice is oline or D front seven. That being said, if Treadwell is there and they take him I could settle, but they better make up some damn good picks on day 2 and three to get oline and D front seven.

Mace
04-06-2016, 04:55 PM
QB is the single most important position and any attempt at locating and locking down a franchise QB is of utmost importance unless one is content with sneaking into the playoffs and losing an extra road game followed by champagne.

Whaley thought Manuel was a franchise QB. Cleveland thought Manziel was, Tennessee = Locker, Jax = Gabbert, Tampa = Freeman, Raiders = Jamarcus.

Cleveland Weeden & Quinn also, Jets Sanchez, Clemens & Geno, Titans also Vince Young, Miami Beck, Henne, Tannehill, Vikings Tarvaris to Ponder to Bridgewater.

Good attempts yeah ? Better be sure or you get another Manuel if you reach. Maybe a Tannehill who lingers long enough that you don't want to try getting another until he's played out.

Besides a tackle, I'd pass on offense in the 1st, pass on QB's even longer.

jills
04-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Taylor played in the probowl and had great stats in his first starting year, yet we are pining to draft a QB ?? WTF is wrong with this ??

There's no way we draft a QB at 19, maybe if we drop back and take him like 27th / 28th and grab an extra 2nd / 4th.

Pro Bowl?

Great stats?

LOL!

jimmifli
04-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Whaley thought Manuel was a franchise QB. Cleveland thought Manziel was, Tennessee = Locker, Jax = Gabbert, Tampa = Freeman, Raiders = Jamarcus.

Cleveland Weeden & Quinn also, Jets Sanchez, Clemens & Geno, Titans also Vince Young, Miami Beck, Henne, Tannehill, Vikings Tarvaris to Ponder to Bridgewater.

Good attempts yeah ? Better be sure or you get another Manuel if you reach. Maybe a Tannehill who lingers long enough that you don't want to try getting another until he's played out.

Besides a tackle, I'd pass on offense in the 1st, pass on QB's even longer.
Getting it wrong sucks. But we've taking two swings in 15 years. That makes getting it wrong worse.

The contracts aren't killers anymore. Draft a 1st round QB every 2 years until you don't get it wrong.

BertSquirtgum
04-08-2016, 02:13 AM
What round is Connor Cook projected to be drafted in?

BertSquirtgum
04-08-2016, 02:22 AM
I hope he's still there in the second round and the Bills have the balls to draft him. He's going to be great.

Mace
04-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Getting it wrong sucks. But we've taking two swings in 15 years. That makes getting it wrong worse.

The contracts aren't killers anymore. Draft a 1st round QB every 2 years until you don't get it wrong.

Getting it wrong every two years would be worse. They need to get the right guy, not a bunch of "a guy"'s.

I might be able to deal with one in the second though, would prefer 3rd or 4th, he's going to be sitting to learn anyway, no point in wasting a 1st round pick in this particular draft.

YardRat
04-08-2016, 04:15 PM
I can think of four 'offensive' players that allegedly 'fit the Bills' in the first round in the not-so-distant past...Aaron Maybin, Mike Williams, John McCargo and JP Losman.

Mace
04-08-2016, 04:18 PM
What round is Connor Cook projected to be drafted in?

Cook is projected 1-2 by the CBS big board, Mayock's 3.0 list has him 4th best QB, so 1-2 sounds right.