X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

"Four offensive players who could fit the Bills at pick 19"

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

With the lingering contractual situation of Tyrod Taylor, and the Bills not yet fully committed to him, you have to keep the door open that they could take a QB at 19 if he’s ranked high enough on their board and available.

Lynch would really the be the only one I could see falling into those categories. He’s the consensus number three QB in the draft behind Carson Wentz and Jared Goff (in whatever order), but there’s a drop-off to the next signal-caller that wouldn’t warrant a first round selection.

Lynch is physically gifted and looks the part of a solid NFL QB. He’s 6-7, 245 and has a very strong arm. Yet, he’s also a very good athlete with the footwork of a smaller QB, able to move and get out of trouble. His size allows him to see down the field, over top of linebackers.

Lynch threw for 3778 yards, 28 TDs and 4 interceptions last year. He had a 66.8-completion percentage and was hardly sacked. Those numbers reflect his athleticism and escapability, but also the offense he played in, which is the biggest question mark.

Many of Lynch’s throws were quick, one-reads and near the line of scrimmage. His receivers racked up a ton of that yardage by themselves with the ball in their hands. So, Lynch is going to have to show he can anticipate throws, put the ball in the right spot consistently down the field, and even "throw wide receivers open" in order to be the kind of solid NFL starter many believe he can be. He wasn’t asked to do that in college as much as other QBs. But that doesn’t mean he can’t.
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: "Four offensive players who could fit the Bills at pick 19"

I'll puke if we take a receiver at 19

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
      Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
      I'll puke if we take a receiver at 19
      No need now with Hankerson signed up

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

I really don't see the Bills going anywhere besides rush linebacker or DL in the first.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Dr. Who
          • Jul 2002

According to that weasel, Rodak, the Bills met with Lynch. Could be a smokescreen or due diligence.
          I have a feeling he's in play at #19, though they are probably open to a lot of options.
          I lean defense, but Lynch intrigues me.

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

Someone asked Chris Brown about Treadwell in one of his recent fan friday blogs and he seemed to strongly believe that Treadwell will fall out of the first round.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Taylor played in the probowl and had great stats in his first starting year, yet we are pining to draft a QB ?? WTF is wrong with this ??

There's no way we draft a QB at 19, maybe if we drop back and take him like 27th / 28th and grab an extra 2nd / 4th.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                • Jul 2002

I read on BBMB that Bill Polian has apparently said the Bills should do whatever it takes to get Lynch.
                I have not verified this, but the poster has been around awhile and generally seems a straight-shooter.
                I think Polian has a lot of weight with Pegula . . .

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                  Taylor played in the probowl
                  After Cam couldn't go, and Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Palmer, Dalton, Rivers, and Brees backed out. So yeah, after those 8 guys declined, he was asked to go.

Tyrod is still a fairly big question mark. If he has the same season statistically that he had last year, would you be willing to give him $15 million per year?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                    After Cam couldn't go, and Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Palmer, Dalton, Rivers, and Brees backed out. So yeah, after those 8 guys declined, he was asked to go.

Tyrod is still a fairly big question mark. If he has the same season statistically that he had last year, would you be willing to give him $15 million per year?
                    So he's was the 9th QB, does that mean we will draft a starting QB ? We have much more of a need at LB or D-line as mentioned earlier, versus filling in for QB. QB is like the last thing I'm worried about & considering how little starting experience Taylor has, I'd like a bigger body of work before paying him $15 M (or more).

If he plays the same or better this year without any injuries, pay the man.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

You're being short sighted Skooby... Lynch will be A. Rogered until he's needed or ready. PLUS... We'll need a back-up by 2017.

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        So he's was the 9th QB, does that mean we will draft a starting QB ? We have much more of a need at LB or D-line as mentioned earlier, versus filling in for QB. QB is like the last thing I'm worried about & considering how little starting experience Taylor has, I'd like a bigger body of work before paying him $15 M (or more).

If he plays the same or better this year without any injuries, pay the man.
                        QB is the single most important position and any attempt at locating and locking down a franchise QB is of utmost importance unless one is content with sneaking into the playoffs and losing an extra road game followed by champagne.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                          • Jul 2002

Rand Getlin

‎@Rand_Getlin

And a note for #Bills fans: I'm told Greg Roman is also at Paxton Lynch's Pro Day. Really interesting prospect with a special skill-set.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

On Wednesday, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported that the Bills are down in Memphis, Tennessee visiting with prospect quarterback, Paxton Lynch. Paolantonio also said that among those in Memphis to visit with Lynch is offensive coordinator, Greg Roman.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                              I really don't see the Bills going anywhere besides rush linebacker or DL in the first.
                              I really don't see the Bills winning a championship with Tyrod Taylor under center. Do I see the Bills trading up to get Lynch? No. Do I see him being the pick if he's on the board at 19? Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X