PDA

View Full Version : D'Brickshaw Ferguson retiring

Scumbag College
04-08-2016, 08:45 AM
http://deadspin.com/jets-tackle-dbrickashaw-ferguson-who-missed-one-snap-i-1769839598

I have to think that this might effect the Jets' drafting in the first couple of rounds.

Victor7
04-08-2016, 09:14 AM
Good for us

Hughes should have an easier path to Geno (lol) playing vs whatever scrub or newb they send out there.

Joe Fo Sho
04-08-2016, 09:24 AM
This frees up 9 million in cap room for the Jets. It might be just what they need to get Fitz back, assuming he'd be willing to come back with an unknown at LT.

Mr. Miyagi
04-08-2016, 10:28 AM
This frees up 9 million in cap room for the Jets. It might be just what they need to get Fitz back, assuming he'd be willing to come back with an unknown at LT.
Good point. If I were Fitz I would not want to come back to the Jets without a good LT. He's gonna get killed.

trapezeus
04-08-2016, 10:35 AM
that's the best of both worlds. sign fitz long term and have no LT. fitz was ok last year because the winter was so mild. he didn't really struggle like he did in November and December. but eventually when the pressure was on in buffalo, he did what he always does, throws INTs.

swiper
04-08-2016, 10:58 AM
The Jets just asked him to take a pay cut. This was his reaction to that request apparently.

From April 6th:

Jets ask D’Brickashaw Ferguson to take pay cut in order to help re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-brickashaw-pay-cut-ryan-fitzpatrick-article-1.2591162)

ghz in pittsburgh
04-08-2016, 11:17 AM
So a 3 time pro-bowler LT needs to take pay cut so the team can sign Fitzpatrick.

Something is wrong with this league.

Fixxxer
04-08-2016, 02:19 PM
can't think of a more graphic example of a lose-lose situation.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2016, 02:40 PM
So a 3 time pro-bowler LT needs to take pay cut so the team can sign Fitzpatrick.

Not really, QBs are more important than LTs.

Mace
04-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Not really, QBs are more important than LTs.

Depends on the QB and the LT. I'm not sure with the Jets.

swiper
04-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Report: Ferguson would’ve stayed if Jets would’ve paid his full salary (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/08/report-ferguson-wouldve-stayed-if-jets-wouldve-paid-his-full-salary/)

feldspar
04-09-2016, 12:06 AM
Depends on the QB and the LT. I'm not sure with the Jets.

Gotta consider what else they have at the QB position, though. Geno Smith and Bryce Petty. There's a pretty good chance one of these guys will get punched in the face, too.

I was never one to overly fawn over the size of Fity's heart (much less his balls), but the Jets can't go into the season thinking they are going to start Smith or Petty. It won't matter who is protecting them at LT. I hear Fitzy is smart and went to Harvard, so he must know this as well. He's bargaining from a position of strength.

Captain gameboy
04-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Another UVA tackle leaves a bit early, or in Brad Butler's case, a lot early.

I met Brick during his college days. Totally mature kid. Great guy. Smart.

UVA football isn't that competitive in the ACC, but recruits first class kids, with very few exceptions.

Good luck to Brick.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-09-2016, 04:33 PM
Sounds like they traded for Clady from Denver. Does that close the door on Fitz?

Mace
04-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Sounds like they traded for Clady from Denver. Does that close the door on Fitz?

I'd feel bad for what Fitz did to himself if so, but I still think they'll come to terms because I don't think there's much of a market for him, or a better fit than him for Gailey, or a better fit for him than Gailey.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-09-2016, 11:23 PM
or a better fit than him for Gailey, or a better fit for him than Gailey.

Mace got stuck, guys. Somebody hit the side of the machine.

Ingtar33
04-10-2016, 02:06 PM

this is perhaps the best post I've seen about the insane price of nfl QBs right now. We better get the lube ready. All TT needs to do is duplicate last season and his agent will be doing it to us in an uncomfortable place too.