• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cookie G
    • Mar 2003

Former Saint Shot and Killed after Car Accident

Former Saints Super Bowl champion Will Smith shot dead at 34

Former New Orleans Saints player Will Smith was fatally shot following a three-car accident in the Lower Garden District late Saturday, according to city coroner Dr. Jeffrey Rouse. His wife was wounded, and a 30-year-old man who has not been identified is in custody following a deadly incident that possibly occurred due to road rage.

Smith, 34, was shot about 11:30 p.m. near the corner of Sophie Wright Place and Felicity Street.

Police said Smith was driving east on Sophie Wright Place when his silver Mercedes G63 SUV was struck from behind by an orange Hummer H2. That collision caused the Mercedes to strike the rear of a dark Chevrolet Impala, in which there were two people who were described as acquaintances of Smith.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Former Saint Shot and Killed after Car Accident

YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

What a horrid story about a needless loss of life. There is absolutely no circumstance where a road rage incident should go as far as somebody being shot to death.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

On Will Smith:

"Will Smith was a man's man and a pro's pro. Football players are inherently tough guys. Will Smith was the toughest of the tough. He carried the stick in the Saints' locker room for a decade, the alpha male in a room full of alpha males."

The shooter:

Nigga Moments

"Perpetual
        conflict between niggas over trivial or ignorant things."—Colonel H. Stinkmeaner

A Nigga Moment requires at least two black males of any age (from little boys to old men), and a stupid reason for fighting each other. Ghetto thugs are most prone to starting Nigga Moments, but even the most mild-mannered of black men may still be vulnerable to joining them

- - - Updated - - -

most of you are now busy summoning all the haughtiness you can muster. in that time, in america another hundred or so black folks (sorry paul) mostly males will die at the hands of other black people mostly males

for well over a decade the death rate of american blacks at the hands of blacks has been about the same as war torn rwanda or mayanmar

meanwhile, people like hal silvis are still allowed to spread such vicious racism as these true observations. isnt that horrible? you better hurry and band together to go do something about those hal silvis type people

at least five more years
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

maybe this will be the event to finally get that hypocritical ill-conceived black lives matter sham of a movement to become legitimate

not holding my breath. but hopeful
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Long time no see Meat. Welcome back.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
              maybe this will be the event to finally get that hypocritical ill-conceived black lives matter sham of a movement to become legitimate

not holding my breath. but hopeful
              The current protest from the Cincinnati chapter of Black Lives Matter is about a fellow who ranted and raved for about a half hour, eventually got surrounded by the police, and proceeded to reach into his waistband and pull out an authentic looking, all-black BB pistol that was the very model I own for target practice. However, I painted mine up to look like a Rainbow Coalition poster...

BTW, these dead-nuts look-alike BB pistols are becoming the weapon of choice for boosting convenience stores and the like here. The perps - with arrest records as long as their arms - are using these to avoid being charged with having a firearm under disability. The word is spreading...

Meanwhile, we've had our usual weekly 5 or so shootings in the beloved community. Only two dead, though.
              Last edited by stuckincincy; 04-10-2016, 12:55 PM.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• dog14787
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                What a horrid story about a needless loss of life. There is absolutely no circumstance where a road rage incident should go as far as somebody being shot to death.
                Will Smith was rumored to be dining with a retired police officer that evening who fatally shot the shooters father so it may have more to it then just a road rage incident from the sounds of it.
                Last edited by Figster; 04-11-2016, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dog14787 View Post
                  Will Smith was rumored to be dining with a retired police officer that evening who fatally shot the shooters father so it may have more to it then just a road rage incident from the sounds of it.
                  That is true, but the connection has been reported to be non-existent because the defendant would of had no way of knowing who Smith dined with prior to the incident.

The defendants attorney has come out today and said his client did not instigate the altercation and was not the aggressor.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

RIP Buckeye.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• dog14787
                      • Oct 2010

That is true, but the connection has been reported to be non-existent because the defendant would of had no way of knowing who Smith dined with prior to the incident.

The defendants attorney has come out today and said his client did not instigate the altercation and was not the aggressor.
                      Of course he did, what else is his attorney going to say.

With all due respect what are the odds of this happening.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        The current protest from the Cincinnati chapter of Black Lives Matter is about a fellow who ranted and raved for about a half hour, eventually got surrounded by the police, and proceeded to reach into his waistband and pull out an authentic looking, all-black BB pistol that was the very model I own for target practice. However, I painted mine up to look like a Rainbow Coalition poster...

BTW, these dead-nuts look-alike BB pistols are becoming the weapon of choice for boosting convenience stores and the like here. The perps - with arrest records as long as their arms - are using these to avoid being charged with having a firearm under disability. The word is spreading...

Meanwhile, we've had our usual weekly 5 or so shootings in the beloved community. Only two dead, though.
                        Just so folks know how authentic-looking these BB guns can be, here's the image of mine:

The State of Maryland proposes to ding their citizenry with a $1,000 fine for possession of an air gun. Rifle and pistol alike.

That's BS and a money grab. Better they pass a law that makes these BB handguns be painted multi-color. And you will never stop folks from painting them over. I'd favor a "velocity" law on the federal level...and not one that throws a person in the slammer for 20 years, BTW

My BB pistol manufacturer purports a 400 fps muzzle velocity. I have a 20 year-old Daisy BB/pellet rifle that sports 650 fps.

That's deadly force, with the right shot placement.

And now, folks are using these authentic items to commit crimes. I say you get charged, not with a firearms crime, but with a weapon crime - like a blade or a machete or a 2 by 4.

I tell you folks, these look-alikes are being used by canny criminals to steal and intimidate.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

No idea.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• dog14787
                            • Oct 2010

No idea.
                            By chance I mean, I'de be inclined to think the shooter may have been stalking the group.

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Seems the killer wasn't the aggressor. The dead guy was. Justified?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you been an idiot since birth?

Comment

Working...
                              X