PDA

View Full Version : one name to keep your ears open for in UFA that Sabres might go after..........Vesey

DetDannyWilliams
04-10-2016, 02:54 PM
So after his first year in Buffalo, what would Jack Eichel tell someone about playing for the Sabres?
He had a quick answer today when asked by The News what kind of sales pitch he would use with close friend Jimmy Vesey, the Harvard winger who was named the Hobey Baker Award winner Friday night -- and will be an unrestricted free agent come Aug. 15 after opting against signing with the Nashville Predators.
Said Eichel: "It's a great future here. It's a great city to play in. It's a great team to be a part of. We have a young group that's headed in the right direction. It's definitely a hockey city. People care about you here. People would love to have you and it's a great place to play."
Vesey, Nashville's third-round pick in 2012, is still technically Predators property so teams can't negotiate with him until his UFA period starts. Eichel and Vesey played together with Team USA at last year's World Championships in the Czech Republic and work out together in the Boston area during the summer.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/04/10/eichel-say-harvards-vesey-sabres-great-future/

YardRat
04-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Interesting.

JATMtheJATM
04-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Trade a 6th rounder for his negotiating rights and give it a whirl before he hits the market. Also want them to go after caguilla

trapezeus
04-11-2016, 09:28 AM
this kid and his parents want him in boston. there is nothing anyone can do to get him to buffalo. mini-Lindros from other articles I read. they screwed the predators and the predators were very accommodating.

Skooby
04-11-2016, 10:20 AM
this kid and his parents want him in boston. there is nothing anyone can do to get him to buffalo. mini-Lindros from other articles I read. they screwed the predators and the predators were very accommodating.

When do kids do what their parents want them too ?

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2016, 10:29 AM
His dad said he doesn't want him to sign in Boston

Skooby
04-11-2016, 10:42 AM
His dad said he doesn't want him to sign in Boston

Something about the pressure for the hometown boy as I understood it.

JATMtheJATM
04-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Sabres in on cagiulla

JATMtheJATM
04-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Sabres in on cagiulla

trapezeus
04-11-2016, 03:22 PM
When do kids do what their parents want them too ?
when they've been coddled their whole life