• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Smart teams don't replace pro bowl QB's after their first starting season

The Bills aren't drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds, if at all. Just shelve all those dreams of the moronic, then refer back to this post after the draft is complete. Any talk of anything like this is just silly chat, get over anytime contrary.
  • MillsapsBillsFan
    • Mar 2015

Re: Smart teams don't replace pro bowl QB's after their first starting season

When has it ever been shown that the Bills were a smart team?

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Ok Skooby. Whatever you say.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

No QB they'll be in a position to draft will be drafted to be a starter this year.

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

thanks for the update

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

I think it would be foolish to not hedge against the possibility that Tyrod does not improve or is stolen away in free agency. The idea that we would be complacent in having EJ Manuel as our back-up when he has proven that he cannot be relied upon to not lose games is plain stupid. And correct me if I'm wrong, there aren't very many veteran QB's out there that we can afford who CAN win games.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Calling Tyrod a Pro Bowl QB is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

• more cowbell
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                The Bills aren't drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds, if at all. Just shelve all those dreams of the moronic, then refer back to this post after the draft is complete. Any talk of anything like this is just silly chat, get over anytime contrary.
                The Bills are not a smart team.

Also...let me just throw out a few names of QB's off the top of my head who made the Pro Bowl after their first full season starting.

Matt Cassel
                Derek Anderson
                Teddy Bridgewater
                Nick Foles
                Robert Griffin
                Vince Young
                Marc Bulger
                Kordell Stewart

So yeah...the point you are trying to make sucks.
                The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
                  The Bills are not a smart team.

Also...let me just throw out a few names of QB's off the top of my head who made the Pro Bowl after their first full season starting.

Matt Cassel
                  Derek Anderson
                  Teddy Bridgewater
                  Nick Foles
                  Robert Griffin
                  Vince Young
                  Marc Bulger
                  Kordell Stewart

So yeah...the point you are trying to make sucks.
                  None of them set team records with completion % during their pro bowl season as well, so nice try.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                    I think it would be foolish to not hedge against the possibility that Tyrod does not improve or is stolen away in free agency. The idea that we would be complacent in having EJ Manuel as our back-up when he has proven that he cannot be relied upon to not lose games is plain stupid. And correct me if I'm wrong, there aren't very many veteran QB's out there that we can afford who CAN win games.
                    The Bills can franchise or transition (my preference) tag him to prevent him from hitting the market.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

None of them set team records with completion % during their pro bowl season as well, so nice try.
                      How many 1st year QBs made the Pro Bowl while setting completion percentage records for their team? As soon as someone finds one, if they don't fit your narrative you'll just say something like "Well he didn't rush for as many yards as Tyrod did so nice try."

You keep getting more specific/ridiculous with these claims. Someone found players that fit your description, but you didn't like them so you come up with another stat that you think matters. Clearly you're not trying to have a legitimate discussion.

Keep holding onto that 'Pro Bowl' accomplishment for Tyrod like it means something.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Were any of them the 8th alternate?

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Yes, because 'smart' teams wait until their starter gets hurt, underperforms, or walks before thinking about a back-up plan.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

He was a replacement player in the Pro Bowl. Half the league are pro bowl players, using this logic.

I like the guy but if they have doubts about giving him 18 Mil a year, then let him play this year and see what they have or trade him on draft day for top picks.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              The Bills can franchise or transition (my preference) tag him to prevent him from hitting the market.
                              At $18-20M for the franchise year? Not a good plan, in my humble opinion. I think a back-up plan makes sense, in both senses of the term.

Comment

Working...
                              X