X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Tyrods agent has no faith in Taylor it seems

He seems so desperate to get a contract. I've never seen an agent have this little faith in his client to continue his production. As of right now Taylor deserves 8-11 a year. If Taylor just repeats his performance I can see a 15-20 a year contract, yet his agent doesn't want that.

What trips me out is if it weren't for the Bills needing to save money for FA and the draft, it would be smart to resign Tyrod for cheap before he possibly blossoms next year into a star. I know the agent wants to ensure he gets his 3% but if you had any faith in your QB wouldn't you want him to prove it? Even Parker waited for Peters to play elite for a couple years before demanding money.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Tyrods agent has no faith in Taylor it seems

The Bills added no new talent on the offensive side of the ball. Barring injuries, the best that can be expected is a parallel year.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

I want to see TT do it for another year, see if he can stay healthy and on the field, see how he performs now that teams have more film on him, and throw down the middle of the field.
      Still a lot of questions to be answered and I think the Bills are playing this one right.

Maybe Cook or Lynch at #19 ?
      Prescott, Jones, or Hackenberg mid to late rds ?

I wouldn't be upset if that happened.
      We all know that you need above avg. qb play, at least, to have a legit chance.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        He seems so desperate to get a contract. I've never seen an agent have this little faith in his client to continue his production. As of right now Taylor deserves 8-11 a year. If Taylor just repeats his performance I can see a 15-20 a year contract, yet his agent doesn't want that.

What trips me out is if it weren't for the Bills needing to save money for FA and the draft, it would be smart to resign Tyrod for cheap before he possibly blossoms next year into a star. I know the agent wants to ensure he gets his 3% but if you had any faith in your QB wouldn't you want him to prove it? Even Parker waited for Peters to play elite for a couple years before demanding money.
        Not exactly. The sooner they get paid...the sooner they get paid.

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        The Bills added no new talent on the offensive side of the ball. Barring injuries, the best that can be expected is a parallel year.
        Is the time to add talent over?

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Yeah, everything is always stagnant, right?

Even a parallel year would have Tyrod Taylor's pocketbook overflowing, wouldn't it though...one way or another. We just don't want our pockets picked, if you can dig it.

His agent probably needs to shut up pimping his client through the media at this time, which I think is the point of this thread. The deal is already set for this year, and the only talking left to do is Taylor's performance on the field in 2016. It's not rocket science.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

why cant he do an incentive based contract ?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

TT having a year in the system and being the starter going into OTAs, minicamps, training camp, and pre-season should be huge. And if Shady, Woods, and Clay can stay healthy, it's a major boost to the offense.

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                why cant he do an incentive based contract ?
                Why would the Bills do that?

I'd say Taylor already has incentive enough, wouldn't you? He'd see astronomical numbers next year instead of this one if he were to reach any kind on incentive-laden clauses in 2016. There really is no difference, besides the fact that the Bills' salary cap isn't very friendly to that type of thing this year.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

Of COURSE the agent wants him to get paid now. Money now, especially guaranteed money, is way, way better than money later. What if he has a down year? What if he gets a significant injury?

Taylor is the 51st highest payed QB in the league. That's stupid. He deserves more. The Bills cannot pay him more this year. I worry what the repercussions of that will be.
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
                    Of COURSE the agent wants him to get paid now. Money now, especially guaranteed money, is way, way better than money later. What if he has a down year? What if he gets a significant injury?

Taylor is the 51st highest payed QB in the league. That's stupid. He deserves more. The Bills cannot pay him more this year. I worry what the repercussions of that will be.
                    Doesn't matter. The Bills can transition and/or franchise tag him for the next 2 years.

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Mediocre/Unproven QBs are getting stupid money right now. Why wouldn't Tyrod's agent want to try and get in on that? It's his job.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                        Doesn't matter. The Bills can transition and/or franchise tag him for the next 2 years.
                        And he can hold out.
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

What were they going to add in FA with a tight cap ??? The draft is coming up. They added McCoy, Clay and Incognito last year. This FA class at the top stunk. Depth was added at a bargain.

I'm looking for a OT this April, in addition to a QB of the future... and then heavy on D. The rest seems set.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
                            And he can hold out.
                            Yeah, good luck with that.

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

A parallel year on offense would mean that all of our best offensive players are going to miss a number of games and play a bunch more hurt or less than 100%. Barring injuries, I think it's completely reasonable to expect better from our offense. It's stupid to say that an offense with a new OC, new system, new qb, and a ton of key injuries has already reached its ceiling after one season and can't get better without new talent. I'm not expecting that no one will get hurt, but I think its fair to say that all the health issues on offense last year were significant and abnormal.

Comment

Working...
                              X