Bills cut Tyrone Robertson, last link to our 2001 draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Bills cut Tyrone Robertson, last link to our 2001 draft.

He hasn't suited up for the team in 13 years

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Bills cut Tyrone Robertson, last link to our 2001 draft.

What a shame to spend all that time on a reserve list and never sniff the playoffs.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Did they put a plaque by the whirlpool ?
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Watch the Patriots sign him and he becomes an All Pro
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

????? Where was this guy? I'm confused.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
            • Feb 2009

2001 was a good draft for Donahoe...4 quality starters

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

I remember him. Weren't they trying to make him into an OG towards the end? And did they really just release him?

Comment

• feldspar
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                ????? Where was this guy? I'm confused.
                Yeah, me too. it's pretty confusing alright.

Apparently, this guy was suspended for a year for failing two drug tests. Then he was charged with possession of weed and cocaine with intent to distribute, along with an illegal firearm when the cops answered a call of a domestic disturbance at a Ramada Inn in 2004. I was curious, so I looked it up. That's all I know, except for the fact that he only played in 12 games in his rookie year.

I don't understand how he has still been connected the team in any way for all this time, even if he didn't get into that kind of trouble.
                Last edited by feldspar; 04-16-2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Is this the Twilight Zone forum? I'm confused too.

Aaron Wilson, who is this guy?

On November 22, 2004, Robertson was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and cocaine with the intent to distribute, as well as the possession of a firearm at a Ramada Inn in Danville, Virginia.[1]

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

Kind of comical to me. Maybe they thought he'd come back fresh.

He was a DT.

Ryan : "Hey, D-Wha, who is that guy always eating here ?"
                    Whaley : "Well Rex-Ry, I thought he was one of the 90's Bills legend guys, I'll ask Overdorf."

Whaley : "Hey J-Dorf, who is that guy there, always eating...?"
                    Overdorf : "Well D-Wha, I don't have a clue, what does his nametag say ?"
                    Whaley : "It doesn't say anything, it can't talk, haha..."
                    Overdorf : "You always get me with that one you crazy GM guy, I'll find out."

Overdorf : "Tyrone....."
                    Tyrone : "Want some of these potatoes, they rock ?"
                    Overdorf : "Yeah they do but no, hey, we have to cut you, we forgot about you."
                    Tyrone : "No problem, hey can I get some takeout containers ?"
                    Overdorf : "Oh sure, they're right over there, and here, have a Bills keychain."
                    Tyrone : "Thanks J-dorf, these potatoes rock."
                    Overdorf : "Think I'm coming with you for a couple containers, let's get in there quick behind D-Wha and Rob-Ry before they take everything."

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Maybe he meant to write Tyson Chandler?

the Bills did release him recently.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                        Yeah, me too. it's pretty confusing alright.

Apparently, this guy was suspended for a year for failing two drug tests. Then he was charged with possession of weed and cocaine with intent to distribute, along with an illegal firearm when the cops answered a call of a domestic disturbance at a Ramada Inn in 2004. I was curious, so I looked it up. That's all I know, except for the fact that he only played in 12 games in his rookie year.

I don't understand how he has still been connected the team in any way for all this time, even if he didn't get into that kind of trouble.
                        Apparently the reserve-suspended list allows a team to hold on to a player's rights without paying them or holding a roster spot for them. I imagine that's where Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon currently sit.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

talk about your no show jobs

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            Apparently the reserve-suspended list allows a team to hold on to a player's rights without paying them or holding a roster spot for them. I imagine that's where Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon currently sit.
                            Yes, you can. Cincy's owner Mike Brown kept 2nd rounder RB Kenny Irons (ended his carer halfway into his 1st ever game - in pre-season) and former 1st rounder DE/OLB David Pollack (broken neck in his 2nd season) on that status for enough years so they would qualify for NFL medical and retirement benefits. Some others, too - I can't recall the names.

Whatever one may think of Brown as an Owner/GM/President, he is a devout and decent man.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              Yes, you can. Cincy's owner Mike Brown kept 2nd rounder RB Kenny Irons (ended his carer halfway into his 1st ever game - in pre-season) and former 1st rounder DE/OLB David Pollack (broken neck in his 2nd season) on that status for enough years so they would qualify for NFL medical and retirement benefits. Some others, too - I can't recall the names.

Whatever one may think of Brown as an Owner/GM/President, he is a devout and decent man.
                              Hmmmm.

So you think that's why? So the Tyrone Robertson could receive benefits maybe?

I never really was aware of this aspect of potentially handling players. I can see how Mike Brown would want to help out a player who got hurt or whatnot, but if a player is involved with selling and taking drugs, I don't see why a team would extend that courtesy to him. Tyrone was a late-round pick who didn't really do anything here, too...just got into trouble early.

I wasn't able to find out what happened with his court case. Has anybody else?

Comment

Working...
                              X