PDA

View Full Version : Zak Prescott - Being Looked At Hard By Bills

Night Train
04-16-2016, 11:09 AM
Bigger, stronger version of Taylor I suppose. Makes plays. Screwed up last month with a DUI after a kids football camp. Charges cleared. 6-2 1/2 228. Played big in the SEC.

Everyone is so worried about the QB situation beyond this year. He looked far better to me than Paxton Lynch and is the legit 3rd best QB prospect in this draft. Locals keep hearing his name. Was here for 2 days recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajFuwOiuIXA

Scumbag College
04-16-2016, 11:27 AM
I like Prescott. Reminds me of a faster David Garrard.

swiper
04-16-2016, 11:29 AM
Isn't it Dak Prescott?

swiper
04-16-2016, 11:31 AM
Everyone is so worried about the QB situation beyond this year. He looked far better to me than Paxton Lynch and is the legit 3rd best QB prospect in this draft. Locals keep hearing his name. Was here for 2 days recently.

There are only 4 legit QB prospects in this draft, and one is not named Prescott.

Wentz
Goff
Lynch
Cook

Everything else is fool's gold.

justasportsfan
04-16-2016, 11:33 AM
I don't care much about his running ability.To me , that's just a bonus. I want a quarterback who can be an elite passer. Someone who can throw in tight windows. Does he have that ability? :idunno:

BillsFanCupp38
04-16-2016, 11:38 AM
I like Prescott. Reminds me of a faster David Garrard.

Is this supposed to be a good thing?

Mr. Pink
04-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Dak is a poormans version of Cardale Jones.

He won't even be selected til the 6th round and most likely will never play a down of NFL football.

YardRat
04-16-2016, 02:05 PM
I bet Prescott goes in the fourth, and it wouldn't break my heart if the Bills took him. If your going to gamble on a QB, the middle rounds are the time to do it.

Night Train
04-16-2016, 02:16 PM
I don't care much about his running ability.To me , that's just a bonus. I want a quarterback who can be an elite passer. Someone who can throw in tight windows. Does he have that ability? :idunno:

His passing ability is quite good.

swiper
04-16-2016, 03:54 PM
LOL. Sure. If you stick to YouTube highlight video compilations.

I guarantee Prescott's not as good as this guy:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SxDJb03a0yo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Night Train
04-16-2016, 03:59 PM
We need to get a pickup truck on the field without a pass rush for Tanney. Someone call Roger.

swiper
04-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Believe it or not, Tanney has stuck around (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Tanney) for longer than most expected.

Mace
04-16-2016, 07:47 PM
I don't really think you'll see any of these QB's win more than 20 games in an NFL career unless Lynch or Jones end up on the right teams with the right QB coach.

Jones might if he ends up behind Roethlisberger or with Arians, Lynch might if he ends up working with Jim Harbaugh returned to the NFL.

bleve
04-16-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm no QB guru, but all I saw from that "highlight" clip was - one-read - RUN.

YardRat
04-17-2016, 04:49 AM
I'm no QB guru, but all I saw from that "highlight" clip was - one-read - RUN.

That's where colleges have taken the QB position over the years, so the NFL is going to have to adapt. Every team in the league is going to have to deal with it, and settle for the 'best' one-read, run QB they can find until they hit the lottery and get their hands on one of the few that can progress beyond that. Two things relative to the situation...unless a team is dead-ass convinced there is a guy available that can eventually develop a full mental skill set it isn't worth the risk taking a QB in the first round, and if a team doesn't keep taking chances in later rounds to try and find one, they never will.

Night Train
04-17-2016, 06:18 AM
In 3 years as a starter, he threw for 9,376 yards for 70 TD's against only 23 INT's in the SEC. His 3 year completion % was 58.4, then 61.6 and finally 66.2.

Received my Ourlads Scouting report for the draft the other day. " Despite his natural running ability, he is first a passer who moves well in the pocket under game and rush pressure. Smart with good field vision. A natural leader who is durable and tough. Has good vertical arm strength and touch when throwing downfield. Shows accuracy when moving out of the pocket ". Project him as a 2nd round pick but on the rise.

" But..but..but..he's a running QB.." um....no.

YardRat
04-17-2016, 06:28 AM
OK, I've said before I'm OK with Buffalo taking a shot at this kid in the middle rounds, but Project him as a 2nd round pick but on the rise is a little scary.

justasportsfan
04-17-2016, 08:03 AM
After watching his highlights, I agree with those who say later rds. Reminds me of EJ. A project.

He doesn't look nearly as good as Russell Wilson coming out of college when it comes to throwing the ball and Wilson at times has struggled passing in the NFl

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Late round flier - nothing else IMO

stuckincincy
04-22-2016, 05:30 AM
Bigger, stronger version of Taylor I suppose. Makes plays. Screwed up last month with a DUI after a kids football camp. Charges cleared. 6-2 1/2 228. Played big in the SEC.

He got a decent write-up on CBS Sport's draft site:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824864/dak-prescott

Night Train
04-22-2016, 09:13 AM
He got a decent write-up on CBS Sport's draft site:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824864/dak-prescott

It's also dated 4-28-2015, a year old. That site isn't always up to date.

Ourlads scouting stated he improved his passing ability a lot during this last season and rate him as a 2nd round talent. That doesn't mean he should or will be picked there. We'll see. For what Roman runs, he fits.

stuckincincy
04-22-2016, 09:21 AM
It's also dated 4-28-2015, a year old. That site isn't always up to date.

Ourlads scouting stated he improved his passing ability a lot during this last season and rate him as a 2nd round talent. That doesn't mean he should or will be picked there. We'll see. For what Roman runs, he fits.

Thanks re the date - didn't notice.

sukie
04-22-2016, 11:02 AM
There are only 4 legit QB prospects in this draft, and one is not named Prescott.

Wentz
Goff
Lynch
Cook

Everything else is fool's gold.

Flashback to 2000...

There was 1 legit QB draft prospect

Chad Pennington... 1st rounder

None of them were named Bulger, or Brady... 6th rouinders

stuckincincy
04-22-2016, 11:16 AM
Flashback to 2000...

There was 1 legit QB draft prospect

Chad Pennington... 1st rounder

None of them were named Bulger, or Brady... 6th rounders

Heh - good flashback, sukie. Penny did a pretty good job given his "skill set", as we like to say today. :bigwave:

sukie
04-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Heh - good flashback, sukie. Penny did a pretty good job given his "skill set", as we like to say today. :bigwave:

on paper it was a shoddy draft for QBs going in but all three did fairly well

Night Train
04-22-2016, 01:46 PM
The issue with Cook is his diva personality and the team never voted for him to be a captain. Didn't play well in big games. Lynch struggled against good teams but looks the part. Not sure about either. I don't read the ratings blindly. If they are picked, I'm fine with it but they need some work, even more than Prescott.

Ingtar33
04-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Prescott is a funny prospect. I'd watch him one game and think he'll be undrafted. then in the next game he'll look like a no.1 pick. I wish he were more consistent, but to me he's a round 3 or 4 guy.

swiper
04-22-2016, 03:56 PM
on paper it was a shoddy draft for QBs going in but all three did fairly well

Except there's no Brady here. Swing again please.

Fixxxer
04-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Watch more than highlights here, you can see the good and the bad about his play.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/dak-prescott/

Night Train
04-22-2016, 04:10 PM
to me he's a round 3 or 4 guy.

I agree with that.

Night Train
04-22-2016, 04:14 PM
The one thing Ourlads pointed out is how bad his OL was in 2015 and he showed grit in performing as well as he did.

BillsImpossible
04-22-2016, 06:09 PM

He's got just enough height, and he's built like a brick out house.

I like his throwing motion. Looks natural, not like he's aiming a dart.

http://1781r034h83b2utto31pdy8t.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/dakprescott.jpg

Having a dual threat QB that can pass and run isn't exactly new. Steve Young ran a lot, but he was a smart runner and rarely took big hits.

Tyrod Taylor took some big hits last year on the run, and got injured. Horse collar yes, but if he was bigger and taller that probably wouldn't have happened.

Dak Prescott can take the big hit when he stands in the pocket to make a throw over the middle. Can Taylor do that?

As a 3rd or 4th round draft pick, I'm all in.

Worse case scenario is the Bills make the playoffs for the first time since '99, Taylor has a another good - even better year and doesn't get injured, the Bills sign him for big money and Prescott rides the pine for a couple of years.

I'd be happy with Dak.

Mace
04-22-2016, 06:46 PM
His name is Rayne Dakota Prescott. I just can't see that being a successful QB name, but he'll be awesome to hang with at Coachella as he twirl dances, and if he names a son "J. Worthington" the lad will grow up to be a powerful financier. I try to stay on top of QB name vibes.

If his name was Paxton Prescott he'd be a total wash, but Rayne Dakota Lynch could be franchise caliber.

Just my two cents.

swiper
04-22-2016, 06:53 PM
I prefer James Kelly myself.

Mace
04-22-2016, 07:28 PM
I prefer James Kelly myself.

Join us in 2016. No one named James is any good any more. De'James Kelly maybe.

mdcas22
04-23-2016, 06:59 AM

no after watch Zac's entire career he doesn't even come close to E.J as a passer, that should tell people enough right there, he is a version of Tebow.