PDA

View Full Version : I hope BUF isn't leaning towards this loon...

stuckincincy
04-18-2016, 07:31 PM
DT Robert Nkemdiche. He's been named the Bill's selection in numerous mocks - often with works like "Ryan's kind of player."

He says he wants to buy a panther... :crazy:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25558917/robert-nkemdiche-wants-to-buy-a-pet-panther-after-signing-rookie-contract

Ginger Vitis
04-18-2016, 07:35 PM
1st round no... 2nd round...yes

YardRat
04-19-2016, 03:36 AM
"Ryan's kind of player."

I don't recall him dropping into coverage too much last season, but maybe I missed it.

DraftBoy
04-19-2016, 03:45 AM
Robert Nkemdiche is local to where I live and I watched him play a couple dozen times in HS. He's always been a beast on the field and if you turn on the tape at Ole Miss you can see his talent flash. He's a freak athlete who should of been much better and consistent than he was at Ole Miss.

There are multiple reports that there are concerns about his brother (Daniel) being a bad influence on Robert and that is what has led to his off the field issues and at times lack of on the field concentration. Family is tough and I feel bad for Robert that his brother is getting dragged through the mud, but he has to realize that he's costing himself a lot of money right now.

On a strictly talent basis Nkemdiche is probably a Top 15-20 pick with some of the highest upside in this class. I'd say he has more raw talent and athleticism than Bosa or Buckner. The issue is that Nkdemiche lacks refined skills that Bosa and Buckner have and does he have the commitment to his craft? If you think he does, he's a good pick at 19. He's also a pick that could be out of the NFL in a few years.

k-oneputt
04-19-2016, 05:05 AM
Sounds like another defensive end we drafted decades ago.
Tons of talent with some maturity issues. That guy finally fiqured it out and rest was history.

I like Nkdemiche. I would take the chance on him at #19 because I also have watched him plenty and I think he is a top-5 talent.
I do agree with you that there is a risk where he could bust out of the league in a couple of years if he doesn't get his head screwed on right.

DraftBoy
04-19-2016, 05:29 AM
Tons of talent with some maturity issues. That guy finally fiqured it out and rest was history.

I like Nkdemiche. I would take the chance on him at #19 because I also have watched him plenty and I think he is a top-5 talent.
I do agree with you that there is a risk where he could bust out of the league in a couple of years if he doesn't get his head screwed on right.

I think the risks with Nkemdiche are two fold;
1. The off the field stuff that could land him out of the league in just a few years
2. At this moment, he is woefully under-developed for where he should be. He's gotten by on his athleticism more than his technique, and his technique needs a lot of work.

MillsapsBillsFan
04-19-2016, 05:38 AM
As others have said, he has a ton of natural talent and athleticism, but hes got major character issues and he's been known to take plays off at Ole Miss.

Easily a top 5-10 player if he gets his act together, but that's a big if. There are more solid picks for us in the first than him.

If hes there in the second at our pick? You run up to the podium and take him

DraftBoy
04-19-2016, 05:39 AM
As others have said, he has a ton of natural talent and athleticism, but hes got major character issues and he's been known to take plays off at Ole Miss.

Easily a top 5-10 player if he gets his act together, but that's a big if. There are more solid picks for us in the first than him.

If hes there in the second at our pick? You run up to the podium and take him

I'd considering moving up to the top of Round 2 to take him if he falls out of Round 1. He could be an ideal replacement for Mario in terms of fit for the position in the Ryan defense.

Skooby
04-19-2016, 07:17 AM
Isn't this the same guy that fell out of a 4 story window & smoked weed ?? If so, let's get him onboard ASAP.

MillsapsBillsFan
04-19-2016, 07:54 AM
Isn't this the same guy that fell out of a 4 story window & smoked weed ?? If so, let's get him onboard ASAP.

Oh my goodness, he's smoked weed? We should probably burn him at the stake

Skooby
04-19-2016, 08:02 AM
Oh my goodness, he's smoked weed? We should probably burn him at the stake

He burns anywhere, not just at the stake.

Bill Cody
04-19-2016, 08:05 AM
This guy has more red flags than a Chinese parade

Ed
04-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Nkemdiche is an intriguing player, but I got the impression that he may not have the passion or love for the game to really be great and realize his potential. The other off the field stuff doesn't really bother me. I don't care about college kids drinking or smoking weed. That's what most of us do in college and it doesn't mean we have bad character. From what I've read he seems like a very nice and respectful guy that's well liked by everyone that knows him. The hotel incident is a little strange, but it sounds like he was cooperative with police and they reported that he didn't appear to be high or acting strange. But he got stuck with the possession charge because it was his room. The brother being a bad influence is concerning, but I don't get the impression that Nkemdiche is a guy looking for trouble.

I think someone asked Chris Brown about Nkemdiche in one of his fan Q&A blogs and he seemed to allude to him not being a potential prospect for the Bills because of questions about commitment to the game. I would be totally fine with the Bills taking a chance on him in the second, or even the first if they can trade down and get an extra second or third round pick.

justasportsfan
04-19-2016, 09:05 AM
I think the risks with Nkemdiche are two fold;
1. The off the field stuff that could land him out of the league in just a few years
2. At this moment, he is woefully under-developed for where he should be. He's gotten by on his athleticism more than his technique, and his technique needs a lot of work.

Does his attitude allow him to be coachable?

I would just rather stay clear if it would take time for him to develop.

cookie G
04-19-2016, 09:17 AM

Phil Okie Dokes?

That wouldn't be a good thing.

If you're talking about who I think you are...

that guy dominated in college, 46 sacks and more than 70 tfls at V-tech, including 22 sacks in one season.

This guy...6.5 sacks...in 3 years.

Not even on the same planet from a production standpoint.

DraftBoy
04-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Does his attitude allow him to be coachable?

I would just rather stay clear if it would take time for him to develop.

That's a tough question to answer, I know in HS he was highly regarded by the coaching staff. I've heard stories out of Ole Miss about how much the coaching staff if really trying to teach/develop these guys v. how much they just want them to make athletic plays. Ole Miss's defensive scheme is basically "find ball, hit ball".

k-oneputt
04-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Phil Dokes LOL. He was something.

Bruce took a couple of years to get his act together.

Two different leagues and generations, difficult to compare.

Physically and athletically they are similar. He would step right in and play in the rotation.
I really don't care who it is. It could be Reed, Robinson, Floyd but it has to be a guy who can contribute immediately.

swiper
04-19-2016, 09:33 AM
LOL at the Phil Dokes reference. I think it may have been a jab at Walt Patulski however - widely considered to be the biggest Bills draft flop of all time - until Mike Williams (the OT) anyway. Thanks Donahoe.

And Phil Dokes was not all that great a player.

swiper
04-19-2016, 09:35 AM
If you're talking about who I think you are...

that guy dominated in college, 46 sacks and more than 70 tfls at V-tech, including 22 sacks in one season.

LOL. I need to finish reading the post I guess. Bruce.

Mr. Pink
04-20-2016, 08:11 AM
Nkemdiche without the off the field issues would be a top 10 pick, easy.

I wouldn't be too upset if he was the guy at 19.

He has the talent if he can get someone to work with him and get him a little straightened out.

Mike
04-24-2016, 11:15 AM
Nkemdiche without the off the field issues would be a top 10 pick, easy.

I wouldn't be too upset if he was the guy at 19.

He has the talent if he can get someone to work with him and get him a little straightened out.

Yup

Some say even a top 5 pick.
It's the 'red flags' that are making him drop.
Some say he is just a different type of personality, 'a misunderstood artist'. If that's the case, his personality might not be an issue at all.

My personal Red Flag with his has nothing to do with 'off the field stuff' and everything do with his on the field production. Given his natural talent, he Should have Dominated in College but he didnt! That's the biggest red flag to me.

cookie G
04-24-2016, 12:12 PM
My personal Red Flag with his has nothing to do with 'off the field stuff' and everything do with his on the field production. Given his natural talent, he Should have Dominated in College but he didnt! That's the biggest red flag to me.

Without a doubt. All physical everything and he averaged 2 sacks and a little over 6 tfl's in his career.

Once in a while, people become better NFL players ....but its a long shot. Guys like that, you take in the mid to late rounds.