PDA

View Full Version : 2 Positions You're Focused On At #19

Night Train
04-19-2016, 06:48 AM
Mine are DT/NT and OT. We have other needs at LB, QB and more but these 2 must be hit with talented starters.

I believe Dareus, Kyle Williams and Corbin Bryant are solid as ends, when in a 3-4 look. Your rush will come from Hughes, Lawson and blitzes, if Rex wakes up and moves from "contain" to "attack". Need a true NT. Massive T.J. Barnes (364 lbs.) was signed late last year.

I see 4 guys who I'd love to pick for this need. A'Shawn Robinson of Alabama, Sheldon Rankins of Louisville, Kenny Clark of UCLA and Andrew Billings of Baylor. All 4 can play over center and disrupt the run despite drawing the double teams. Frees up everyone else. Major need if Barnes is nothing more than a slob. These guys are all dominant players.

RT screams for a new starter. Tunsil,Stanley,Conklin,Decker and Spriggs are all 1st round worthy. 1 or 2 will be there at #19. Spriggs stood out at the Senior Bowl Bowl and finished 1st out of 47 OT's in combine workouts. A former TE with 4.8 speed like Jason Peters. Great pass blocker who can add another 10 lbs. (303 lbs. currently). He's already very strong (31 reps on the bench) with a world of upside.

Summary: It's hard to pass up starters at OT or DT/NT and this draft is loaded with quality at the top. If we get any of the guys mentioned above, we did well. If we get 2 of them, I'll be ecstatic.

Your turn. 2 positions and the player options associated with that thinking.

Scumbag College
04-19-2016, 07:23 AM
1. NT
2. RT

At 19, my realistic first choice would be Billings. He's a fast and almost inhumanly strong play making nose tackle, not just a space eater. I think that he would be great in this defense and free up Dareus, Kyle, and Hughes. We gotta find a way to beat the Pats, and a push up the middle and disrupting Brady is one of the few ways you can do that.

A second choice is RT and realistically Conklin might be there. Unfortunately, having seen Crohn's disease up close I can't imagine Henderson coming back and playing well. It would have been nice to see how he would progress and finding him in the seventh round was a potential steal, but I can't imagine putting much stock in penciling Henderson in at RT would be silly. If Miller can develop or if Velasco beats him out for RG starter, our OL would look pretty good for the first time in a long time.

Topas
04-19-2016, 07:30 AM
No love for LB?

Skooby
04-19-2016, 07:31 AM
DB / OT.

MillsapsBillsFan
04-19-2016, 07:55 AM
LB/NT

Still want Reggie Ragland and think that he would play a great leadership role in Rex's D. I wouldn't hate Darron Lee, but id rather go NT if Ragland is gone

Probably Rankins or A'Shawn Robinson. Theres a few quality NT we could grab in this draft.

justasportsfan
04-19-2016, 09:14 AM
OT. I don't have any confidence that this D will be top 10 this year no matter who we draft. I do however think this offense can get better . To dominate in the run game, we need an OL that can dominate .

casdhf
04-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Pass rushers.

DraftBoy
04-19-2016, 09:24 AM
RB and LS

swiper
04-19-2016, 09:26 AM
I agree that if there is a no-brainer replacement for Kyle Williams then you take him. But remember Williams was taken with the #134 pick in the 5th round. So those players can be had later. If one of the top 3 QBs happens to still be on the board you take him over DT or OT.

Night Train
04-19-2016, 09:35 AM
No love for LB?

I mentioned Darron Lee previously, with his 4.4 speed and ability to rush and cover. Ragland as an ILB with his ability to stuff the run but limited in coverage. I think you can get a MLB in the middle rounds, like Matakevich of Temple or Wright of Arizona. Nothing against your thinking at all.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2016, 10:09 AM
RB and LS

You're risking being banned.

DraftBoy
04-19-2016, 10:42 AM
You're risking being banned.

Bring it.

Ed
04-19-2016, 12:51 PM
Edge rusher/OLB and DE/DT. I think the first two picks will be front 7, but I think they'll look to add ILB's with later picks. Brown and Brown will be the starters, but they need depth.

I could see a Safety or OL in round 2 also, but I think a dynamic defensive play-maker and DL will be the priority.

X-Era
04-19-2016, 12:59 PM
For me it's about who will fall to the pick. I want most bang for the buck. But if I had to pick I'd go:

1) LB
2) DT

That said, I'd be fine with drafting Treadwell if he fell.

sukie
04-19-2016, 01:07 PM
1.) WR
2.) RB or K

Oh wait... what am I focused on? I was just predicting.

YardRat
04-19-2016, 03:34 PM
LBer or OT.

I agree DT is a high priority, but IMO it's a really deep draft for interior linemen and there are several that are going to be available later and have the ability to contribute. I certainly wouldn't whine if DT is the way they go.

I like Ragland, I think it's a good chance he's there when we pick, and IMO the dropoff at ILB is steeper...much steeper. I expect as many as three OT's to be gone before Buffalo's pick, but if Conklin or Stanley drop it would be hard to pass that up. Decker and Spriggs should be there, and if Ragland and DT's are coming off the board early the team should go OT.

SpikedLemonade
04-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Mine are DT/NT and OT. We have other needs at LB, QB and more but these 2 must be hit with talented starters.

I believe Dareus, Kyle Williams and Corbin Bryant are solid as ends, when in a 3-4 look. Your rush will come from Hughes, Lawson and blitzes, if Rex wakes up and moves from "contain" to "attack". Need a true NT. Massive T.J. Barnes (364 lbs.) was signed late last year.

I see 4 guys who I'd love to pick for this need. A'Shawn Robinson of Alabama, Sheldon Rankins of Louisville, Kenny Clark of UCLA and Andrew Billings of Baylor. All 4 can play over center and disrupt the run despite drawing the double teams. Frees up everyone else. Major need if Barnes is nothing more than a slob. These guys are all dominant players.

RT screams for a new starter. Tunsil,Stanley,Conklin,Decker and Spriggs are all 1st round worthy. 1 or 2 will be there at #19. Spriggs stood out at the Senior Bowl Bowl and finished 1st out of 47 OT's in combine workouts. A former TE with 4.8 speed like Jason Peters. Great pass blocker who can add another 10 lbs. (303 lbs. currently). He's already very strong (31 reps on the bench) with a world of upside.

Summary: It's hard to pass up starters at OT or DT/NT and this draft is loaded with quality at the top. If we get any of the guys mentioned above, we did well. If we get 2 of them, I'll be ecstatic.

Exactly!

Mace
04-19-2016, 03:54 PM
OL or OLB/DE.

It was kind of funny to be all about Jarran Reed for a while, really I'm not anymore. I think he'll do better as a DT in a 4-3.

OL, I'd like Decker or Conklin, or guard Cody Whitehair, if unavail, on to OLB/DE.

OLB/DE kind of depends on what they mean to do in terms of end, hybrid or ER. I don't like gap shooting Kyle at DE, or lumbering Dareus when you know it's going to mean ridiculous coverage. Shaq Lawson won't be there but if he is I'd grab him....I'd favor Leonard Floyd, Emmanuel Ogbah, or Noah Spence.

It won't hurt my feelings if the go Ragland, or DT. I will weep if they go QB, CB, WR or RB.

alohabillsfan
04-19-2016, 04:14 PM
DT/NT and LB

Night Train
04-20-2016, 06:03 AM
I will weep if they go QB, CB, WR or RB.

Agreed. Had the same conversation with my friend who sits next to me at the games. Get your QB later and the other 3 could be ignored.

YardRat
04-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Greg 'Jet-Stank' Salas is probably the #3 WR on the roster at the moment.
We have Watkins and Woods.
Goodwin is a china doll that should have been cut last year, maybe sooner...Easley is special teams.
Then we have Little, Boykin, Hankerson, Lewis and Powell.

It may be the weakest position group on the team, there is no way it can be ignored. We not only need to draft a WR, but we need to snag one that is going to be able to contribute from Day 1, even if that means using a premium pick to take one.

paladin warrior
04-20-2016, 10:32 PM
DT/RT/SS

Night Train
04-21-2016, 04:48 AM
Greg 'Jet-Stank' Salas is probably the #3 WR on the roster at the moment.
We have Watkins and Woods.
Goodwin is a china doll that should have been cut last year, maybe sooner...Easley is special teams.
Then we have Little, Boykin, Hankerson, Lewis and Powell.

It may be the weakest position group on the team, there is no way it can be ignored. We not only need to draft a WR, but we need to snag one that is going to be able to contribute from Day 1, even if that means using a premium pick to take one.

Later, not early.

When Taylor delivers the ball, the first 3 players seeing the ball should be McCoy,Watkins and Clay . I do not want a high pick wasted on a 4th option when OT, MLB and NT are screaming for starters.

YardRat
04-21-2016, 05:04 AM
I'm fine with 'later', but it can't be ignored, and the 'later' needs to able to contribute immediately.

sudzy
04-21-2016, 05:33 PM
QB/pass rusher. If you think Lynch could be special.... you draft him. If not you go pass rusher, so you can drop them into coverage on 3rd and long.

stuckincincy
04-22-2016, 09:28 AM

This looks to be a decent draft re their needs. A trade-down wouldn't surprise me...and they have two #4s and two #6s among their eight picks to sweeten deals.

Yasgur's Farm
04-22-2016, 09:54 AM
Back-up/future starter QB
Starter LB