PDA

View Full Version : 90% of Draft Guru's...

X-Era
04-19-2016, 12:49 PM
And yes, I'm throwing myself under the bus too.

gebobs
04-19-2016, 02:50 PM
Personally, I don't get into the draftnik fray. I don't really care to discuss a bunch of guys who most likely won't become Bills. Que sera sera.

Goobylal
04-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Mental masturbation. They all had to go scrambling after the Rams traded up.

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2016, 03:37 PM
90% of these so called draft gurus have never played football beyond high school at the most. Nobody studies any film, does any scouting, goes to any games. They watch just enough college games on TV and reads what everyone else says and switches things around a bit. I don't give any of these guys any credit.

YardRat
04-19-2016, 03:47 PM
I don't consider myself a guru, but I love watching college ball, studying up on the players, and doing mock drafts.

Mace
04-19-2016, 03:59 PM
I don't consider myself a guru, but I love watching college ball, studying up on the players, and doing mock drafts.

I'm the same. It's window shopping before Christmas and dreaming of what you hope to get.

feldspar
04-19-2016, 10:50 PM
I can't wait until the Bills draft a guy in the third round who should have went in the first.

That always means a whole bunch...almost like stealing. And, of course, we'll know the value right away.

Then there is the guy who fell all the way to the 7th round who was once the #1 prospect coming out of high school, but ran into a little bit of trouble and should have those character issues ironed out in no time. Can't wait to be really high on that guy. I believe he's turned it around already, even without knowing his name yet. He runs fast.

Topas
04-20-2016, 02:57 AM
hahaha, that was great, Feldspar!

Ginger Vitis
04-20-2016, 05:22 AM
Then there is the guy who fell all the way to the 7th round who was once the #1 prospect coming out of high school, but ran into a little bit of trouble

Seantrel Henderson?

Night Train
04-20-2016, 05:52 AM
And yes, I'm throwing myself under the bus too.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/attach/jpg.gif 7ced7d8c32024da08e2cb38aa8e502f788e2b918.jpg (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=17708&d=1461087996) (8.0 KB, 51 views)

The hidden hands jammed deep in the crotch is also accurate.

DraftBoy
04-20-2016, 11:14 AM
Some of the guys are legitimate (Bugler, Kiper, Mayock) but as most are just full of crap.

There are few guys at lesser known sites whose opinions I'd put up there with the three I named above.

DesertFox24
04-20-2016, 12:35 PM
I like to talk about the players and their skill set, positives and negatives. I care less about stupid mock draft, in other words I like to look at player rankings.

swiper
04-20-2016, 05:26 PM
Some of the guys are legitimate (Bugler, Kiper, Mayock) but as most are just full of crap.

There are few guys at lesser known sites whose opinions I'd put up there with the three I named above.

Mel Kiper is horribly inaccurate.

Goobylal
04-20-2016, 05:47 PM
Mental masturbation. They all had to go scrambling after the Rams traded up.

...and will be scrambling once again.

swiper
04-20-2016, 06:00 PM
...and will be scrambling once again.

Yeah, but trades like these allow them to hide their inaccurate predictions that preceded these transactions. Nothing is more painful than watching how many times Kiper says "I don't get it" and McShay stumble on draft day coverage. I guess it's a good gig if you can get it.

Mace
04-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Yeah, but trades like these allow them to hide their inaccurate predictions that preceded these transactions. Nothing is more painful than watching how many times Kiper says "I don't get it" and McShay stumble on draft day coverage. I guess it's a good gig if you can get it.

I always have more fun when it goes to Mayock on draft day, and he's speechless a couple seconds, jaw muscles flexing as he shuffles his notes before trying to put the best face on a pick. He never really says it was a bad pick, but then goes off camera a bit and I can swear you can hear him throwing up in a wastebasket.

YardRat
04-20-2016, 07:40 PM
I like Mayock. He's entertaining.

Goobylal
04-20-2016, 07:45 PM
Mayock is the only likeable guy out of the bunch.

Mace
04-20-2016, 07:51 PM
Mayock always has something good to say. And he's wired. My ultimate dream is to have him and Gruden call a televised game. It would be phenomenal, sort of, if you recorded it and watched it over a lot.

DraftBoy
04-21-2016, 05:48 AM
Mel Kiper is horribly inaccurate.

What are you using the gauge accuracy?

In 2013, Kiper had a 5 year average that was top 5 in the Huddle Report annual mock draft contest.

Also I wasn't speaking to Kiper's accuracy if you're talking about mock drafts and pointless stuff like that. I'm saying he's a guy who truly breaks down the tape, understands the concepts, and knows what he is talking about. He's had some big whiffs (Jamarcus Russell) when you look at his on-air commentary but if you read his evaluations its actually a bit different. A lot of what we consider to be whiffs by the experts is because they are almost forced to make bolder statements on TV then they traditionally do in an prospect write-up.

DraftBoy
04-21-2016, 05:49 AM
Mayock always has something good to say. And he's wired. My ultimate dream is to have him and Gruden call a televised game. It would be phenomenal, sort of, if you recorded it and watched it over a lot.

Be prepared for a lot of slow-motion replays of OL play with comments about ankle flexibility from Mayock.

Ginger Vitis
04-21-2016, 06:29 AM
Mayocks go to phrase " I put the tape on the kid and saw" is overdone and played

Jan Reimers
04-22-2016, 01:09 PM
I can't wait until the Bills draft a guy in the third round who should have WENT in the first.

That always means a whole bunch...almost like stealing. And, of course, we'll know the value right away.

Then there is the guy who fell all the way to the 7th round who was once the #1 prospect coming out of high school, but ran into a little bit of trouble and should have those character issues ironed out in no time. Can't wait to be really high on that guy. I believe he's turned it around already, even without knowing his name yet. He runs fast.

Should have GONE.

feldspar
04-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Should have GONE.

Yes, you probably should have...

swiper
04-22-2016, 03:46 PM
Don't correct Einstein. He'll throw a tantrum.