PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Trade Up to #2

DraftBoy
04-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Philadelphia has traded up to #2 with Cleveland.

Early reports is that its 5 picks from Philly to Cleveland:
1st 2016
3rd 2016
3rd 2016
1st 2017
3rd 2017

Ed
04-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Wow that's a ton of picks to move up 6 spots.

Mr. Pink
04-20-2016, 11:50 AM
What I've seen is....

Eagles 1st, 3rd, 4th, 1st next year, 2nd 2018 for the Browns 1st and a conditional 4th next year.

DraftBoy
04-20-2016, 11:51 AM
What I've seen is....

Eagles 1st, 3rd, 4th, 1st next year, 2nd 2018 for the Browns 1st and a conditional 4th next year.

That was the report on CBS per Alex Marvez at Fox. I'm not sure any of the details are confirmed yet.

justasportsfan
04-20-2016, 12:14 PM
teams are giving up a lot for qb's that are not supposedly as good as Luck.

sukie
04-20-2016, 12:27 PM
I heard on the radio...

Didn't Philly just dump like 38 million on Bradford and another 21 million on the backup? That's alot of scratch for QBs to then draft another at 2

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2016, 12:40 PM
I heard on the radio...

Didn't Philly just dump like 38 million on Bradford and another 21 million on the backup? That's alot of scratch for QBs to then draft another at 2
At the time Bradford was their only option. It was dumb to sign Chase Daniels but they needed a backup.

The Eagles FO is making big mistakes early. Maybe it wasn't all Chip Kelly's fault after all.

Mr. Pink
04-20-2016, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles traded up to leapfrog the Cowboys to draft Ezekiel Elliott.

Both teams have been linked with interest in him.

The Jokeman
04-20-2016, 12:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles traded up to leapfrog the Cowboys to draft Ezekiel Elliott.

Both teams have been linked with interest in him.

That's a whole lot of picks to give up for a RB. One has to think the Eagles are targeting of the two QBs. Kudos to the Browns on the trade but at the same time they've traded down before in Sammy Watkins and Julio Jones' trades and ended up with very in little return for both players.

Mr. Pink
04-20-2016, 12:47 PM
That's a whole lot of picks to give up for a RB. One has to think the Eagles are targeting of the two QBs. Kudos to the Browns on the trade but at the same time they've traded down before in Sammy Watkins and Julio Jones' trades and ended up with very in little return for both players.

It is a lot to give up I don't disagree. But we don't know even know who the Rams moved up for yet. it could be Goff or Wentz. So that's a whole lot of picks to give up for a consolation prize if they did indeed go for a QB.

The Jokeman
04-20-2016, 12:51 PM
It is a lot to give up I don't disagree. But we don't know even know who the Rams moved up for yet. it could be Goff or Wentz. So that's a whole lot of picks to give up for a consolation prize if they did indeed go for a QB.

Mariotta wasn't a bad consolation prize in last year's draft. I say that and had less doubts about him coming out then do Wentz or Goff this year.

Bill Cody
04-20-2016, 02:02 PM
That's nuts

Skooby
04-20-2016, 02:05 PM
There's no one in this draft that's worth that much scratch, these teams are nuts.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-20-2016, 02:36 PM
This trade makes no goddamned finger licking cotton picking sense. They moved up to get the LA Rams leftovers, which means they either A) don't care which QB they get, which is insane, B) are gambling that the Rams have a specific player in mind, which is more insane, or C) are moving up for a non-QB, which is completely off-the-charts batwacky.

DraftBoy
04-20-2016, 03:14 PM
This trade makes no goddamned finger licking cotton picking sense. They moved up to get the LA Rams leftovers, which means they either A) don't care which QB they get, which is insane, B) are gambling that the Rams have a specific player in mind, which is more insane, or C) are moving up for a non-QB, which is completely off-the-charts batwacky.

The only player(s) I can buy an argument for are Tunsil and Ramsey. Tunsil as a franchise LT for the next decade to decade and a half is possibly worth it since the #2 LT is a pretty big fall off. Ramsey better be the next Ed Reed if you're moving up to 2 for him.

Night Train
04-20-2016, 03:28 PM
Please draft Hackenburg and make me laugh.

YardRat
04-20-2016, 03:30 PM
I'm thinking Tunsil, but that's a hefty price.

Cleveland is making some decent moves, that's a load of picks to help stock a roster.

swiper
04-20-2016, 04:03 PM

LOL. It is painstakingly clear that these two trades mean these two midling QB prospects are going #1 & #2.

Which makes it look like SF will take Lynch. Will the Jets take one of the leftovers in the 1st? They can't sign Fitzpatrick.

Mace
04-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Their GM Roseman said they intend to take a QB and Pederson their HC said he considers Wentz and Goff even.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15280364/cleveland-browns-trade-no-2-pick-draft-philadelphia-eagles-five-picks

They'll be sorry, just like the Rams will. Good haul for the Browns. Would be great if they could use it well for once. If Cleveland and Tennessee can't improve solidly after this particular draft, there will never be any helping them.

Victor7
04-20-2016, 04:05 PM

I think scenario A makes sense.

There's a good chance they have both Goff and Wentz rated at about the same level that they are really ok with either one.

Scenarios B and C are completely nuts.

swiper
04-20-2016, 04:06 PM
Please draft Hackenburg and make me laugh.

LOL. Right. You're the QB guru. Prescott is good. Hackenberg isn't.

Jon Gruden will be “shocked” if Hackenberg isn’t a first-round pick (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/19/jon-gruden-will-be-shocked-if-hackenberg-isnt-a-first-round-pick/)

swiper
04-20-2016, 04:10 PM
Right up there with Mel "I'm never right" Kiper.

DraftBoy
04-21-2016, 10:23 AM
This trade isn't done quite yet per reports this morning.

Eagles VP confirmed the Eagles are going to select a QB at #2 assuming the trade gets completed.

So it will be Goff-Wentz going 1-2.

Joe Fo Sho
04-21-2016, 10:42 AM

Jon Gruden will be “shocked” if Hackenberg isn’t a first-round pick (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/19/jon-gruden-will-be-shocked-if-hackenberg-isnt-a-first-round-pick/)

I'd be willing to bet that Jon Gruden has a 1st round grade on 100 draft prospects.

swiper
04-21-2016, 10:53 AM
I'd be willing to bet that Jon Gruden has a 1st round grade on 100 draft prospects.

LOL. You could be right.

Ingtar33
04-21-2016, 07:30 PM
teams are giving up a lot for qb's that are not supposedly as good as Luck.

that's because if luck was in the draft NO ONE would trade back.

these guys are only a small step up from EJ, teams are massively overpaying for two giant questionmarks.

Mace
04-21-2016, 08:28 PM

these guys are only a small step up from EJ, teams are massively overpaying for two giant questionmarks.

I'm still not so sure Luck isn't still a question mark in his own right though. And he came in being Luck and no denying his talent.

QB's are awful iffy to go that all-in on. Last SB winner (Wilson was drafted in 2012), before that last SB winner (Flacco was drafted in 2008), then Rodgers in 2005. That's 3 of 118 QB's picked in 11 years.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-22-2016, 09:26 AM
I'm still not so sure Luck isn't still a question mark in his own right though. And he came in being Luck and no denying his talent.

QB's are awful iffy to go that all-in on. Last SB winner (Wilson was drafted in 2012), before that last SB winner (Flacco was drafted in 2008), then Rodgers in 2005. That's 3 of 118 QB's picked in 11 years.

There have only been 50 Super Bowls ever and several QBs were repeat winners. Super Bowl winner is way too narrow to judge a draft pick.

justasportsfan
04-22-2016, 01:37 PM

goes to show qb's are hard to find these days that teams will overpay . I mean Cassel was traded for , for crying out loud.

justasportsfan
04-22-2016, 01:40 PM

from what I've read, I like this kid as a PROJECT. He's supposedly smart and makes good reads at the LOS. That's a difference from EJ . I would really love a qb who had Fitz's brain but with an arm.

swiper
04-22-2016, 04:01 PM
There have only been 50 Super Bowls ever and several QBs were repeat winners. Super Bowl winner is way too narrow to judge a draft pick.

Dan Marino likes this post.

Mace
04-22-2016, 04:19 PM

Not at all, it goes to show you how seldom "franchise QB's" fulfill their promise. It's clear that repeat winners have something to offer in terms of being a "franchise" QB and even emphasizes further how rare they are.

You can go through the list if you want (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=1936&year_max=2015&type=&round_min=1&round_max=30&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=&pos=QB&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all)

All you have to do is look through the names. The draft pick success is pretty easy to judge if you follow football.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-24-2016, 09:32 AM
Dan Marino likes this post.

So does Jim Kelly.

Not at all, it goes to show you how seldom "franchise QB's" fulfill their promise. It's clear that repeat winners have something to offer in terms of being a "franchise" QB and even emphasizes further how rare they are.

You can go through the list if you want (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=1936&year_max=2015&type=&round_min=1&round_max=30&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=&pos=QB&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all)

All you have to do is look through the names. The draft pick success is pretty easy to judge if you follow football.

I'm familiar with the list, I'm just pointing out there are a lot of elite quarterbacks who aren't on it. If you are going to dock them for not winning a championship in a team sport, then you're missing out on a lot of talent.

YardRat
04-24-2016, 09:40 AM
So does Jim Kelly.

I'm familiar with the list, I'm just pointing out there are a lot of elite quarterbacks who aren't on it. If you are going to dock them for not winning a championship in a team sport, then you're missing out on a lot of talent.

Thus revealed, the biggest flaw with the premise that a QB is the most important position in all of sports and teams should continue to try to acquire one at almost all costs. It's a team sport, the team goal is winning a championship, and having an 'elite' QB doesn't accomplish that.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-24-2016, 06:03 PM
Thus revealed, the biggest flaw with the premise that a QB is the most important position in all of sports and teams should continue to try to acquire one at almost all costs. It's a team sport, the team goal is winning a championship, and having an 'elite' QB doesn't accomplish that.

An elite QB doesn't accomplish it alone, but elite QBs put you in a better position on a yearly basis then trying to keep together entire units.

Mace
04-24-2016, 08:01 PM

There are no elite QB's in the league whatever who aren't on that list. It's a list of QB draft picks by year, and so it's a comprehensive list of who was taken when by who and either panned out or flamed out.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-26-2016, 11:10 AM
There are no elite QB's in the league whatever who aren't on that list. It's a list of QB draft picks by year, and so it's a comprehensive list of who was taken when by who and either panned out or flamed out.

I thought you were talking about Super Bowl winners

Mace
04-26-2016, 06:29 PM
I thought you were talking about Super Bowl winners

No biggie. QB's are always going to be a convoluted, endless debate without any real answer, just opinions that get you into one frame of mind or another and make you look brilliant, stupid or neither depending on remembering it in 2 years after another draft or 2 when you either get one or don't anyway.

Draft day is a coming !

Mike
04-27-2016, 07:15 PM

This was no Surprise:

>>> NFL Teams NEED to have a Franchise QB to Compete for a Championship and talented teams are willing to Mortgage the Future for a good QB Prospect! <<<

In both cases a 3-13 team (Tennessee & Cleveland) traded with a 7-9 team(Eagles & Rams).

Collectively the 7-9 teams (Eagles & Rams) Gave up:

1st Round Picks: 4
2nd Round Picks: 3
3rd Round Picks: 3
4rd Round Picks:1

For opportunity to draft a Goff & Wentz. This is how much a 'good QB Prospect' is worth!!!

Keep in mind that Goff and Wentz are now where as good prospect wise as Luck and Elway or even Marriotta & Winston yet they garnered 11 Great Picks!

> As you can see losses have actual, tangible value which can be traded for in picks!

> Even if all prospects = same risk & you can not evaluate the difference between an EJ Manual type prospect and a Andrew Luck, Other Teams are willing to pay a Kings Ransom for that difference.

Winning a few extra meaningless games just cost the Rams 6 Picks! They are Mortgaging the Future on this Trade which means they are willing to go back to being a total loser if they are wrong. If they are wrong they risk being one of the worst teams in the NFL.