• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Jets going after Paxton Lynch?

Jets looked into trading up to No. 1

Before the Rams moved all the way from No. 15 to No. 1, a team even lower on the pecking order looked into making the climb to the top of the draft board.On Friday, Jets G.M. Mike Maccagnan admitted that he called Tennessee about possibly doing a deal.

“The short answer is yes,” Maccagnan said Friday at a press conference, via Seth Walder of thewNew York Daily News. “The short answer is we inquired.”

Maccagnan didn’t provide a longer answer regarding possible terms discussed with the Titans, but the fact that the Jets even made the call suggests that the Jets are thinking about taking a quarterback. It also suggests that, with a pair of quarterbacks destined to be taken first and second in the process, they could still try to move up from No. 20 to get, say, Paxton Lynch.

It further suggests that Ryan Fitzpatrick may not really be the team’s Plan A. Yes, Maccagnan said that the focus remains on re-signing Fitzpatrick. But the inquiry regarding moving to No. 1 means they are looking seriously at incoming quarterbacks — unless Maccagnan called Tennessee because he’s interested in a player other than a quarterback.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Jets going after Paxton Lynch?

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
    SF *might* want Lynch at their #7 spot. NYJ may be safe at their #20 if they like 'm.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

I doubt they were trading up to 1 for PL. And with the Rams and Eagles sure to take Goff and Wentz (don't give a crap what order), PL will be pushed up even higher so the Jets likely won't get him.
      Last edited by Goobylal; 04-23-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
        I doubt they were trading up to 1 for PL. And with the Rams and Eagles sure to take Goff and Wentz (don't give a crap what order), PL will be pushed up even higher so the Jets likely won't get him.
        That's a fair possibility. Or perhaps the Jets were just blowing smoke.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
          That's a fair possibility. Or perhaps the Jets were just blowing smoke.
          No way to tell this time of year. But I think there's probably some validity to it. They need a franchise QB.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
            I think the insinuation is they were willing to consider trading up to get a QB at #1, not Lynch. With the Philly and LA moves and Wentz/Goff allegedly given to go one and two the emphasis is now to get the guy left on the board they still feel could be 'their guy'.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Personally Paxton Lynch is the only QB who interests me slightest in this draft. Very underwhelmed with the QBs in this draft. I wouldn't hate the Bills taking a flyer on him in the first round. But Ryan Kelly (Center, Alabama) better be off the board before they do. Center and RG are weak points in that line, and I think Kelly might be one of the top 3 linemen in the draft (just in an under drafted position). Adding him to the interior of our offensive line and moving Wood out to RG (where he has played very well in the past) would do wonders for our offense.
              Last edited by Ingtar33; 04-25-2016, 05:23 PM.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                Personally Paxton Lynch is the only QB who interests me slightest in this draft. Very underwhelmed with the QBs in this draft. I wouldn't hate the Bills taking a flyer on him in the first round. But Ryan Kelly (Center, Alabama) better be off the board before they do. Center and RG are weak points in that line, and I think Kelly might be one of the top 3 linemen in the draft (just in an under drafted position). Adding him to the interior of our offensive line and moving Wood out to RG (where he has played very well in the past) would do wonders for our offense.
                Wood had a very good season last year, despite playing next to a rookie in John Miller, and IIRC, didn't fare too well at RG in the past. As for RG, I'm looking for Miller to take a big step this year.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

I think Denver and Cleveland also could be interested in Lynch. If Lynch is still available at 19 the Bills are in great position to trade down and get an extra second round or third round pick depending on how far they move down. With so many holes the extra pick to move down 10 -12 slots may be beneficial.

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Lynch will be gone within the top-8, either by a team at its original position or a trade-up. The hype machine is revved up for this guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X