PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady supsension reinstated

Ed
04-25-2016, 09:12 AM
Brady will miss the first four weeks, which means he misses the first Bills game. Nice.

Figster
04-25-2016, 09:15 AM
Awesome news!

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2016, 09:20 AM
This will drive those Pats fans crazy again LOL.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-25-2016, 09:21 AM
But they have Hogan now so he will help Belichick to stop Roman's offense to 0 point and he's going to catch a TD from whoever throwing the pass for Pats. 7-0 Pats win. Book it.

THRILLHO
04-25-2016, 09:32 AM
Then he appeals and gets it down to two, right? And we have to face him.

gebobs
04-25-2016, 09:32 AM
Oh no...now we have to face future HOFer Jimmy Garoppolo!!!!

ghz in pittsburgh
04-25-2016, 09:36 AM
Then he appeals and gets it down to two, right? And we have to face him.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Brady appealed last year and Goodell upheld his decision. That's when Brady went the legal route.

ckg927
04-25-2016, 09:38 AM
This will drive those Pats fans crazy again LOL.

If, that is, the Red Sox stinking up the AL East again doesn't do it first.

THRILLHO
04-25-2016, 09:39 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Brady appealed last year and Goodell upheld his decision. That's when Brady went the legal route.

Ah, that makes sense. This whole thing is so drawn out its tough to remember what has actually happened.

Albany,n.y.
04-25-2016, 09:40 AM
1st Sunday Night game & 3rd Thursday Night Game: Good luck NBC & CBS hyping Garoppolo.

Victor7
04-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Good news.

Well deserved and long overdue for that POS organization top to bottom.

If I'm not mistaken all they have left is the Supreme Court and I doubt they give a **** about it.

Joe Fo Sho
04-25-2016, 09:55 AM
Cheater.

Night Train
04-25-2016, 10:05 AM
Krafts' current lap dog Roger seems to have distemper. He'll be looking for a new puppy soon.

Figster
04-25-2016, 10:07 AM
The Patriots and Tom Brady should be held to higher standards IMO because they are the face of the NFL.

As far as the cheating accusations go though, I think many NFL coaches may try to bend the rules in their favor from time to time albeit deflating footballs is bold.

The Pats/Brady just got caught red handed, hehe

bleve
04-25-2016, 10:12 AM
I believe the ruling has nothing to do whether or not Brady cheated, rather by destroying the phone - obstructed the process.

Ed
04-25-2016, 10:15 AM
1st Sunday Night game & 3rd Thursday Night Game: Good luck NBC & CBS hyping Garoppolo.
I don't know, I think there's still a lot of intrigue in seeing how the Pats cope without Brady and how well Garoppolo does. I'm personally more interested in those first few games now than I would have been with more of Tom Brady. I would expect monster ratings no matter what. It is still NFL football after all.

Mike13
04-25-2016, 11:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

YardRat
04-25-2016, 12:06 PM
I'll believe it when the four games have passed and Brady hasn't played.

justasportsfan
04-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Spartacus must still be asleep.

I was hoping Brady played, that way we know where Rex and his D are at.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2016, 12:36 PM
I believe the ruling has nothing to do whether or not Brady cheated, rather by destroying the phone - obstructed the process.
The ruling has nothing to do with that either.

It only has to do with whether or not Gooddell is within his power to suspend Brady - not whether or not it is warranted.

Goobylal
04-25-2016, 02:42 PM

It only has to do with whether or not Gooddell is within his power to suspend Brady - not whether or not it is warranted.

The judge pretty much said it was warranted.

bleve
04-25-2016, 03:22 PM
They're all still in a boat on a river in Egypt over at PatriotsNation, lol. Lot's o' cryin'.

trapezeus
04-25-2016, 03:33 PM
goodell is sorry he did this and will make sure the refs throw the flag 10,000 times in the first 4 games to help his favorite father figure, bob kraft, win again. he can't lose the weakest fan base in the country.

cookie G
04-25-2016, 04:09 PM

In a way it did. It discussed the bogus "notice" issue on cooperation and whether failure to cooperate could be used against him. It devoted an entire section (Section D) of the decision.

There are about 3-4 subissues related to the destruction of the cell phone and the court took the time to address them.

Actually, they addressed quite a few issues, many of which weren't mentioned in the initial court decision. The theory is that these issues were covered so that when the case is remanded to the DC, it had already been addressed, taking them away from the District Court Judge to rule upon.

It is all encompassed under the idea of whether Goodell had authority to act, they just looked at a great many of the actions and basically said yes to all.

I still can't believe the NFLPA allowed a commissioner to act as an arbitrator in the collective bargaining agreement. Someone missed that paragraph.

Ed
04-25-2016, 04:31 PM
Spartacus must still be asleep.

I was hoping Brady played, that way we know where Rex and his D are at.
Don't worry, they get to play Brady four weeks later. Losing to Brady once isn't enough?

Mace
04-25-2016, 05:40 PM
I want us to start beating them with Brady playing, I want us to challenge for the division with Brady playing, I want us to finish with a better record than the Pats with Brady playing 16 games, and I'd like it to happen before he's noticeably in decline. I want us to beat them no matter what they're doing like some teams can, I want us to beat them because we are better than they are.

Anything less is admitting they own us, owned us, or we're still escared of them throwing everything they have on the table and still being incapable of beating them like some teams do, forever and ever and ever.

YardRat
04-25-2016, 05:44 PM
In a way it did. It discussed the bogus "notice" issue on cooperation and whether failure to cooperate could be used against him. It devoted an entire section (Section D) of the decision.

There are about 3-4 subissues related to the destruction of the cell phone and the court took the time to address them.

Actually, they addressed quite a few issues, many of which weren't mentioned in the initial court decision. The theory is that these issues were covered so that when the case is remanded to the DC, it had already been addressed, taking them away from the District Court Judge to rule upon.

It is all encompassed under the idea of whether Goodell had authority to act, they just looked at a great many of the actions and basically said yes to all.

I still can't believe the NFLPA allowed a commissioner to act as an arbitrator in the collective bargaining agreement. Someone missed that paragraph.

Charlie Casserly addressed that last sentence on NFLN today. According to him neither Tags or Upshaw wanted the process ending up in the hands of an 'outsider' with zero knowledge of or lack of direct connection to the league.

Mace
04-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Charlie Casserly addressed that last sentence on NFLN today. According to him neither Tags or Upshaw wanted the process ending up in the hands of an 'outsider' with zero knowledge of or lack of direct connection to the league.

Casserly has the finest suits and wears them well, a handsome, well groomed man. I trust him completely.

mightysimi
04-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Ideal gas law!! Ideal gas law!!!

cookie G
04-25-2016, 09:56 PM

I didn't know that. How many CBA's have they had since Upshaw died, 1 or 2? I can't remember.

I wonder if Kraft had any influence on that decision.

DraftBoy
04-26-2016, 04:09 AM
I didn't know that. How many CBA's have they had since Upshaw died, 1 or 2? I can't remember.

I think just 1.

YardRat
04-26-2016, 04:51 AM

It would be ironic if he did :D

ticatfan
04-26-2016, 06:55 AM
I have nothing invested in this ,but I thought it was a waste of time. Then he destroyed his phone. Guilty.

Victor7
04-26-2016, 09:07 AM
I want us to start beating them with Brady playing, I want us to challenge for the division with Brady playing, I want us to finish with a better record than the Pats with Brady playing 16 games, and I'd like it to happen before he's noticeably in decline. I want us to beat them no matter what they're doing like some teams can, I want us to beat them because we are better than they are.

Anything less is admitting they own us, owned us, or we're still escared of them throwing everything they have on the table and still being incapable of beating them like some teams do, forever and ever and ever.

That's awesome. We would all want it. But it just won't happen. I've come to peace with it. Is that admitting they own us ?? Hell yeah, they do. What else is there to say on the subject ?

I've said this on plenty of boards and threads. The Bills are the ONLY team in the NFL that goes into every season 0-2. Its just a sad reality.

Victor7
04-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Great read from the Boston Globe. This dude nails it

Some tidbits from the article

"The Patriots were driving 68 miles per hour in a 65 m.p.h. zone. They got caught. Instead of doing what most would do — “Sorry, officer, you got me, I won’t do that anymore’’ — the defiant Patriots flashed two middle fingers at the police and said, “Come and get me! You’ve got nothing!’"

"Bottom line: The Patriots were doing it. They had a system of deflating footballs after the balls were inspected by officials. Any agenda-less person who reads the Wells Report would come away with no other conclusion. The texts were unexplainable."

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/04/25/patriots-brought-this-overpunishment-themselves/zEpsykTE1UJofIA7Y5YgNJ/story.html

Goobylal
04-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Yep, and destroying the phone was the act of a guilty person.

k-oneputt
04-26-2016, 12:52 PM
Yep, and destroying the phone was the act of a guilty person.

What would you call it then ?
Someone who just likes smashing his phone for the hell of it ?

OpIv37
04-26-2016, 02:19 PM
I realize he's running out of options but I still put this in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. The Patriots have weaseled out of punishment so many times in the past. So, I won't believe this is actually happening until someone tweets a picture of Brady at Six Flags 5 minutes before kickoff. And unless they make him hold up a copy of that morning's Boston Globe like an ISIS hostage, I'll still be a bit skeptical.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-26-2016, 03:41 PM
I realize he's running out of options but I still put this in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category. The Patriots have weaseled out of punishment so many times in the past. So, I won't believe this is actually happening until someone tweets a picture of Brady at Six Flags 5 minutes before kickoff. And unless they make him hold up a copy of that morning's Boston Globe like an ISIS hostage, I'll still be a bit skeptical.

It's the Patriots. They'll probably just roll out Tom in a set of Groucho Marx glasses and a moustache under the name "Tim Bardy." And when Rex complains to the ref about it, they'll give him a personal foul.

Victor7
04-26-2016, 04:08 PM
It's the Patriots. They'll probably just roll out Tom in a set of Groucho Marx glasses and a moustache under the name "Tim Bardy." And when Rex complains to the ref about it, they'll give him a personal foul.

http://images.memes.com/meme/563652

Mace
04-26-2016, 04:46 PM
That's awesome. We would all want it. But it just won't happen. I've come to peace with it. Is that admitting they own us ?? Hell yeah, they do. What else is there to say on the subject ?

It will so happen someday. It will so. Now I'm going to sit down, fold my arms and make an angry pouting face. I did that when I was 8 and wanted a dog.

I didn't get the dog, but maybe it works this time because I just wasn't doing it right. Learned a lot becoming an adult. I can do it better this time, you'll see.

Goobylal
04-26-2016, 05:53 PM
What would you call it then ?
Someone who just likes smashing his phone for the hell of it ?

You misunderstood me. I was saying that he wouldn't have smashed his phone if he had nothing to hide.

feldspar
04-26-2016, 06:38 PM
It will so happen someday. It will so. Now I'm going to sit down, fold my arms and make an angry pouting face. I did that when I was 8 and wanted a dog.

I didn't get the dog, but maybe it works this time because I just wasn't doing it right. Learned a lot becoming an adult. I can do it better this time, you'll see.

I think you're probably more apt to get smacked by somebody this time, Mace.

Just a friendly reminder...

Mace
04-26-2016, 07:33 PM
I think you're probably more apt to get smacked by somebody this time, Mace.

Just a friendly reminder...

Oh ho, like that never happens to me 7 or 8 times a day from random pedestrians when I'm trying to take their stuff in malls, security guards, police or fellow inmates while we negotiate what they'll end up paying me.