B/R Rumor: Bills and Jets Interested in QB Paxton Lynch, Exploring Trade Up Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

B/R Rumor: Bills and Jets Interested in QB Paxton Lynch, Exploring Trade Up Options

It's a video on Bleacher Report from NFL Insider Jason Cole.

Bills looking to possibly move up and get Lynch. Cole says they would likely need to get into the high teens, but with Goff and Wentz going 1 and 2 they may need to get into the Top 10.

Browns are also interested.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: B/R Rumor: Bills and Jets Interested in QB Paxton Lynch, Exploring Trade Up Optio

I'm not against drafting a QB high this year, but I'm wary of trading up to get one depending on what it would take. If it's something like a 3rd or 4th to move up a couple of spots, I'd probably be fine with it, but I don't want to give up a 1st next year. If another team wants to give up that much, I'd say let them. We certainly have other needs to fill.

Comment

• Dr. Who
      • Jul 2002

Re: B/R Rumor: Bills and Jets Interested in QB Paxton Lynch, Exploring Trade Up Optio

Well, I like this idea, but my track record predicting NFL success is not good, so there's that.
      If the Bills trade up to get Lynch, I can imagine the rage of discontented Bills' fans might break the internet.

Comment

• Dr. Who
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
        I'm not against drafting a QB high this year, but I'm wary of trading up to get one depending on what it would take. If it's something like a 3rd or 4th to move up a couple of spots, I'd probably be fine with it, but I don't want to give up a 1st next year. If another team wants to give up that much, I'd say let them. We certainly have other needs to fill.
        I can't imagine they would make a trade costing next years' one. I am good with going after this guy, though. I do wish his Wonderlic wasn't wooden post low.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        It's a video on Bleacher Report from NFL Insider Jason Cole.

Bills looking to possibly move up and get Lynch. Cole says they would likely need to get into the high teens, but with Goff and Wentz going 1 and 2 they may need to get into the Top 10.

Browns are also interested.
        If the Browns are also interested, maybe they just take him at #8?

Comment

• Topas
          German smartass
          • Feb 2014

Using a pick higher than the 19th on Lynch !?!?!
          I dont like him at 19th. But spending even more?

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

God I hope that's a ploy to get someone else to bite.

Lynch choked against good teams. To pick him over a top Front 7 player or OT would be stupid. He's not even worth #19. There are so many better football players than him that will be picked in the first 2-3 rounds.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Victor7
              • Jul 2013

Wasn't his fan before and now that he bombed the wonderlic I'm even less of a fan.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

what is the bills outlook? are they trying to make the playoffs or build long term? If they don't address defense constantly, then they are kind of off the playoffs or bust mentality.

if they take the qb, I won't be ragingly upset, but I don't think the long term qb solution is in this class. we should get 6 quality players and possible chances to get more picks by moving down if it presents itself. that is the right decision long term. perhapsthey are just doing this to work Denver into trading with them to acquire more pics.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

I seriously doubt the Bills would trade up in this draft for a QB.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Hopefully they know the Jets are interested in Lynch and are just trying to drive up the cost for them. It would make sense for the Browns to have interest and use their 8th pick. They have a bunch of extra picks now to address other needs and keep building. So that would mean moving up to #7, which is a big jump from #19 or 20. The Bills would have to give up so much to take a pretty questionable qb. That just sounds like a terrible idea for a team that's not desperate for a qb.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The Browns will take him at #8, only if San Fran doesn't take him at #7. It doesn't mean he's that good, but QBs are always at a premium.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Cleveland won't be taking Lynch.

I fully expect them to trade down...again.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                          Cleveland won't be taking Lynch.

I fully expect them to trade down...again.
                          Cole alluded to the same thing, the Browns like him but not at 8.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            Cole alluded to the same thing, the Browns like him but not at 8.
                            What I've seen is that they might entertain the thought of trading their pick in the second round to move up into the mid 20s to take him if he's still available. I doubt he will be.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Lynch is a project. I'm intrigued but no way I'd be in favor of trading up to get him. If he's there at 19 fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X