PDA

View Full Version : At 19 I think we take...

X-Era
04-27-2016, 08:01 AM
Jarran Reed. The Bills are pretty transparent. I remember Chris Brown mentioning EJ Manuel multiple times before the draft even though he was the 4th or 5thbest QB on many charts.

I think the Paxton Lynch noise may have legs but I don't think we'd move up for him. If anything I could see us moving back if he's on the board at 19.

justasportsfan
04-27-2016, 11:30 AM
can he drop back and cover?

Night Train
04-27-2016, 11:32 AM
can he drop back and cover?

It was cute the first 8,000 times...:deadhorse

DraftBoy
04-27-2016, 11:46 AM
I just don't get the love for Reed or Robinson. Big guys who can move, but neither seemed to be overly dominant to me when I watched Bama play. Ragland I can completely see but those two flashed some but not enough for me to spend a Top 20 pick.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Still think Shaq Lawson is the pick, if he's still available.

If not I could see Noah Spence get some consideration.

jimmifli
04-27-2016, 12:00 PM
That was my reaction watching Rex's DLine

IlluminatusUIUC
04-27-2016, 12:04 PM
I'm confident it will be a pass rusher. Rex teams have almost always drafted defense first and our D is the side that lost talent this offseason.

DraftBoy
04-27-2016, 12:05 PM
I'm confident it will be a pass rusher. Rex teams have almost always drafted defense first and our D is the side that lost talent this offseason.

I'm confident I'm going to end up throwing my beer at the TV.

swiper
04-27-2016, 12:06 PM
The tough thing with predicting where the Bills are going is the Ryan brothers. No one really seems to know exactly where they are going with this defense. The defense went from #4 to garbage, lost Mario Williams, Bradham, McKelvin. I've come to the conclusion that they will go defense (first round QBs will be gone/unless one of the OTs falls to them). But for DT/DE IDK. I think they go LB later on. As they will with QB.

If Reed is gone, they may do this:

19. Buffalo Bills: Andrew Billings DT Baylor
Billings is the anchor in the middle the Bills need to run Rex’s Defense properly. Dareus would be free to move to the 3 or 5 tech and Billings will keep the LB’s and Edge rushers clean as he occupies blockers up front. Ragland, Ogbah and Alexander would all be good considerations here for the Defense but adding Billings could make the biggest impact for Rex. Treadwell or Coleman would be strongly considered on offense as will QB Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook but I think giving Rex the tools he needs to dominate on Defense has to be the priority.

http://profootballwarroom.com/

justasportsfan
04-27-2016, 12:08 PM

Was half serious because you know Rex will make him drop back.

The Jokeman
04-27-2016, 12:31 PM

Lawson is the ideal pick but I think he's gone by the time we pick yet Emmanuel Ogbah might be available and could see us taking him.

psubills62
04-27-2016, 01:48 PM
I think yet again Rex can't help himself and picks a DB.

Figster
04-27-2016, 02:47 PM
The Butler did it...

YardRat
04-27-2016, 03:11 PM
I just don't get the love for Reed or Robinson. Big guys who can move, but neither seemed to be overly dominant to me when I watched Bama play. Ragland I can completely see but those two flashed some but not enough for me to spend a Top 20 pick.

It's a little bit difficult to be 'overly dominant' and stick out when you play on a team that is loaded with talent. I like Ragland as the pick to be honest, but I could see a d-lineman like Reed, Billings or Lawson. Mace may be right also with OLB Floyd. I'm still not discounting a safety if who they perceive is the best available is still on the board.

X-Era
04-27-2016, 03:28 PM
How about this scenario...Lynch drops to 19. We swap picks with the Jets and get Bryce Petty and another pick to do it...

I'd make that move.

DraftBoy
04-27-2016, 03:32 PM
It's a little bit difficult to be 'overly dominant' and stick out when you play on a team that is loaded with talent. I like Ragland as the pick to be honest, but I could see a d-lineman like Reed, Billings or Lawson. Mace may be right also with OLB Floyd. I'm still not discounting a safety if who they perceive is the best available is still on the board.

Disagree with the premise, you can still win your matchup consistently.

YardRat
04-27-2016, 03:37 PM
Disagree with the premise, you can still win your matchup consistently.

Is 'consistently winning your match-up' = 'overly dominant'?

EDS
04-27-2016, 04:31 PM
Jarran Reed. The Bills are pretty transparent. I remember Chris Brown mentioning EJ Manuel multiple times before the draft even though he was the 4th or 5thbest QB on many charts.

I think the Paxton Lynch noise may have legs but I don't think we'd move up for him. If anything I could see us moving back if he's on the board at 19.

I don't think Reed will be available but I tend to agree, a beefy defensive tackle capable of playing both nose and end in a 3-4 defense is a pressing need given the absence of any depth on the roster today. That said, the linebacker depth chart for a 3-4 defense, both in terms of an outside pass-rusher and a coverage linebacker, is also a mess so hard to imagine that not also being a major priority.

swiper
04-27-2016, 04:59 PM

So does PFTs computer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/27/pfts-one-and-only-simulated-draft/

Scumbag College
04-27-2016, 05:57 PM
The tough thing with predicting where the Bills are going is the Ryan brothers. No one really seems to know exactly where they are going with this defense. The defense went from #4 to garbage, lost Mario Williams, Bradham, McKelvin. I've come to the conclusion that they will go defense (first round QBs will be gone/unless one of the OTs falls to them). But for DT/DE IDK. I think they go LB later on. As they will with QB.

If Reed is gone, they may do this:

http://profootballwarroom.com/

I'm a big fan of doing this. Billings is quick for a big guy, and his weight room strength is super human. Even if he doesn't put up numbers, he's going to disrupt the pocket with Dareus and make it difficult for QBs to set their feet, see the field, and throw.

Mace
04-27-2016, 06:07 PM
I'd prefer Shaq or Floyd, would be happy enough with Spence, Reed, Lee, Ogbah, Conklin, Decker, Rankins, Billings....of those I think Shaq, Floyd, Conklin, Decker, Rankins will be gone.

I'd be very happy if they moved back a bit and got another pick or two this draft.

I'll be very unhappy if they trade up, or grab a DB, RB, QB or WR.

It might just be my pessimism, but I still have this feeling they're going to do something stupid in the first round.

Rhettoric
04-28-2016, 07:59 AM
I think we go with Floyd, but I would love to see us land Doctson (TCU alum, so I am a little biased).

Night Train
04-28-2016, 08:20 AM
I'm a big fan of doing this. Billings is quick for a big guy, and his weight room strength is super human. Even if he doesn't put up numbers, he's going to disrupt the pocket with Dareus and make it difficult for QBs to set their feet, see the field, and throw.

Billings is one of the first guys I would want. He is a true NT with talent. Same goes for Robinson of Alabama, Clark of UCLA, Rankins of Louisville and more. You can move them all around the DL and all could get plenty of snaps year 1.

Novacane
04-28-2016, 01:35 PM

It will never get old!

jlgarsh
04-28-2016, 08:30 PM

Nice call!