What I think, the Bills are thinking, for the draft....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

What I think, the Bills are thinking, for the draft....

This is where I think the Bills are going in the draft, not necessarily what I would do...

1st rd. Robinson, Reed, Lawson, or Nkemdichie

2nd. Cook or Hackenberg.....I really think if one of these qb's is available in the 2nd they will take him.

3rd. V. Bell {probably gone}, J.Perry, B.Miller, S. Shepard

They seem to be keying in on the OSU players, and rightfully so.
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: What I think, the Bills are thinking, for the draft....

Could very well be the path. No complaints there. Just hope they did their homework and take the best available player out of each of your groupings.

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

I think ideally they'd rather get a playmaker at OLB like Floyd or Lee in the first and then address DL in the 2nd since there's a lot of depth. There's probably a good chance Floyd and Lee aren't there though, in which case they're probably likely to go DL in the first. I think Butler and Rankins are more likely to be the pick than Robinson or Lawson. And based on some stuff Chris Brown has said, I don't think they are even considering Nkemdeche in the first.

If they go DL in the first, my guess is Sua Craven would be a top target in the second round. I think they go qb in the 3rd or 4th and it will be Dak Prescott or Cardale Jones.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

I like Cravens.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
          I like Cravens.
          Yea but where does he play?
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            That's what I'm not sure about, but I would guess that Rex would create a kind of hybrid S/LB role for him. I don't know that he would technically be a starter, but I could see him still playing a majority of the snaps and moving around depending on opponent and situations. He just seems like a Rex guy to me.

Is Cravens similar to Darron Lee?
            Last edited by Ed; 04-27-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
              I like Cravens.
              Think it’s a reach but I like the player, but they should’ve moved back

-S.Cravens: To much of a tweener to use a first round pick on. Will make a nice situational player for a team. Good instincts though

NFL Draft Mock Draft and Prospect Rankings Buffalo Bills Draft Preview -Fitting the Bills profootballwarroom.com

I realize there aren't many LBs on the roster right now, but still I think people forget about Manny Lawson and how good he can be.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                That's what I'm not sure about, but I would guess that Rex would create a kind of hybrid S/LB role for him. I don't know that he would technically be a starter, but I could see him still playing a majority of the snaps and moving around depending on opponent and situations. He just seems like a Rex guy to me.

Could he help us to cover the huge TE's in our división?
                The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Not really, Cravens is a guy who can play in space and close in a hurry. Lee is a guy who plays closer to the LOS and runs really well sideline to sideline. Both are super athletic and can get on the attack but I don't see them as all that similar players.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                    • Mar 2015

I still want us to drop back and pick up some extra picks. Probably no one would do it unless Lynch falls to us and someone wants to jump the jets though.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Have heard from the PSU side that Bills are one of the teams high on Hackenberg. I think watching the QB's will be interesting this year. Already seems like teams are trading up to #1 and #2 to take questionable QB's simply because they need them.

Again, Rex seems to love drafting DB's in the first round. Haven't seen evidence to suggest this year would be any different.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

I'd be stunned if they even looked at Hackenberg. Zero mobility and slow with progressions.

He fits this team like Melissa McCarthy fits a thong.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          I'm a Cravens fan too, but it depends. I think Cravens would be SS/OLB hybrid, leaning more on safety side. They mostly run nickel variations nowadays anyway. Assuming Ryan gets more 4-6 in, he might be the Doug Plank guy. I just really don't think A. Williams is going to hold up.

What I wonder about though, is what they're looking for. I mean if they get a pure DE (say Ogbah), they might need an OLB too (say Joshua Perry or Ngakoue) and then maybe a safety(say Killebrew or Kearse), if they get an OLB/DE (say, like Floyd), you can grab a Cravens to keep from wanting a safety and have a guy to fill SS/OLB role, filling another db slot with a CB.

I think the hallmark of this draft on defense is going to be role versatility. Cravens does seem like a Rex guy to me too, like Ed.
                          Last edited by Mace; 04-27-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                            I'd be stunned if they even looked at Hackenberg. Zero mobility and slow with progressions.

He fits this team like Melissa McCarthy fits a thong.
                            That was harsh. True. But harsh.

Comment

• mdcas22
                              the mouth of the south
                              • Aug 2015

I think a good middle linebacker would turn the defense around, I like Ragland... with a guy like that it takes a lot of presure off nose tackle to make plays, alls a nose tackle needs to do is take up space so the middle linebackers can make the plays,, In Rex's system sacks are not the number 1 priority but deception is.

Comment

Working...
                              X