PFT: This year’s first round could see five quarterbacks drafted

This year’s first round could see five quarterbacks drafted

What say thee?

Crazy. The NFL is so QB-starved.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: PFT: This year’s first round could see five quarterbacks drafted

I can see three, maybe four if Cleveland trades back into the first to snag one. Don't see either Arizona or Denver pulling the trigger on one that early.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

I think all 5 could be considered legit 1st rounders... Bills should pull the trigger if Lynch is there at 19 IMO.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Wouldn't be surprised. It really is a QB-starved league. And when you have a couple being really overdrafted, that means teams could very easily scramble for the leftovers.

Will say that I think Arizona might be one of the best fits for Hackenberg. Cook could do decently in Denver, too, I'd imagine.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

I still think this QB class is made of Gabberts, Lockers, Glennons, Ponders, Manuels, and Genos, and will happily laugh at my ignorance if correct or snicker at everyone if not.

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            I still think this QB class is made of Gabberts, Lockers, Glennons, Ponders, Manuels, and Genos, and will happily laugh at my ignorance if correct or snicker at everyone if not.
            It does seem a mediocre group is getting unusual interest. Maybe some of it is just pre-draft games by some clubs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kapernick go to Denver immediately before the draft starts.

- - - Updated - - -

Spell check tried to correct Kapernick to pumpernickel. LOL.

Comment

• Mace
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              It does seem a mediocre group is getting unusual interest. Maybe some of it is just pre-draft games by some clubs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kapernick go to Denver immediately before the draft starts.

- - - Updated - - -

Spell check tried to correct Kapernick to pumpernickel. LOL.
              I think teams really are going that wild reaching for QB's. I just hope we aren't one of them.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

I remember Glennon being talked about after TB drafted Jameis Winston. IIRC, the asking price was high.

His numbers were pretty good when he played:

"Glennon failed to take a snap as Jameis Winston's immediate backup in 2015, but threw for 4,025 yards and 29 touchdowns over 19 games during the 2013-14 seasons."

Full article about him being possible trade bait:

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mace
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  I remember Glennon being talked about after TB drafted Jameis Winston. IIRC, the asking price was high.

His numbers were pretty good when he played:

"Glennon failed to take a snap as Jameis Winston's immediate backup in 2015, but threw for 4,025 yards and 29 touchdowns over 19 games during the 2013-14 seasons."

Full article about him being possible trade bait:

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/foo...ing-nfl-draft/
                  I know, but he's still a guy his team felt a need to replace.

I remember people wanting Glennon, Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, Geno, I admit I myself wanted Manuel, though certainly not in the 1st. Barkely, Tyler Wilson, Mallett, Tebow, Manziel, Claussen, Colt McCoy, Skelton, etc.

If anyone grabs Glennon it's a sign of QB desperation more than Glennon skill. I mean the Bucs signed Dan Lefevour. Why don't they want Glennon on the pines instead of Lefevour ? They're fishing for picks figuring someone will be that desperate. People are kicking the tires on Brian Hoyer even, Bradford thinks there is a market for him, Fitz seems to think so too.

A lot of these guys are just not good pro QB's and never will be.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

I know, but he's still a guy his team felt a need to replace.

I remember people wanting Glennon, Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, Geno, I admit I myself wanted Manuel, though certainly not in the 1st. Barkely, Tyler Wilson, Mallett, Tebow, Manziel, Claussen, Colt McCoy, Skelton, etc.

If anyone grabs Glennon it's a sign of QB desperation more than Glennon skill. I mean the Bucs signed Dan Lefevour. Why don't they want Glennon on the pines instead of Lefevour ? They're fishing for picks figuring someone will be that desperate. People are kicking the tires on Brian Hoyer even, Bradford thinks there is a market for him, Fitz seems to think so too.

A lot of these guys are just not good pro QB's and never will be.
                    Well, TB had the #1, and picking a QB #1 does gin up the fan base and sells the trinkets. Although the Rams' owner denies it was to make a splash while moving to LA, moving up to the #1 spot says something.

Far too early to rank the 2015 draft of course, but other than Winston, Mariota, Cooper, and Gurley, it was pretty blah - as far as yak on tv and by the pundits went.

Glennons' numbers were good. He was desired in trade - some folks here voiced that. I can't see saying he will never be a good pro.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Glennon was not good. (You must be comparing him to EJ Manuel). He was #26th in completion percentage in 2013/2014.

He was #37th in ypa. 37th!!! He was throwing 6 yard passes. And he couldn't even complete 60% of those.

Glennon's absolute ceiling = Rich Gannon. But it's highly unlikely he reaches that.

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        Glennons' numbers were good. He was desired in trade - some folks here voiced that. I can't see saying he will never be a good pro.
                        We'll have to agree to disagree here because after three years and no 2015 snaps, I'm pretty comfortable saying he will never be a good pro QB.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          Glennon was not good. (You must be comparing him to EJ Manuel). He was #26th in completion percentage in 2013/2014.

He was #37th in ypa. 37th!!! He was throwing 6 yard passes. And he couldn't even complete 60% of those.

Glennon's absolute ceiling = Rich Gannon. But it's highly unlikely he reaches that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...empt/year/2013
                          Then we will have to wait and see if he gets traded, eh?

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

I agree with what Jay Mohr said on I heart radio. Jets could be looking big time. Why not take a Lynch an give the green middle finger to Fitzpatrick's 12 mil request.

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                              I agree with what Jay Mohr said on I heart radio. Jets could be looking big time. Why not take a Lynch an give the green middle finger to Fitzpatrick's 12 mil request.
                              I'm kind of wondering when this will happen, has to be soon.

But the answer is Gailey, he just doesn't like young QB's unless he gets stuck with them via injury, and then grudgingly until another vet can be found. Given chances and probable influence through the years, he's just never ever taken and tried to make a QB in his image. He settles for whoever and enjoys trying to make the best of it. Thigpen, Fitz, Fitz again. Some more Fitz, and bring Thigpen in for a tryout.

He wouldn't know what to do with a rookie, and you'd surely see Geno added to the list of Fitz, Thigpen, Fitz, Thigpen and Fitz.

Comment

Working...
                              X