PDA

View Full Version : Biggest story of the first round?

YardRat
04-28-2016, 08:43 PM
Tunsil's bong mask dropping him out of the top 10?
Jack dropping out of the top 25, maybe into the second round?
Something else?

SpikedLemonade
04-28-2016, 08:45 PM
Tunsil dropping.

Jack's injury was well known.

Mace
04-28-2016, 08:50 PM
Probably Tunsels ongoing saga of "it was years ago" (geez he was a big kid with a shaved head), college payments and such coming from an evident relative.

Scumbag College
04-28-2016, 09:02 PM
Biggest Story: Bills pack Shaq.

Thirty way tie for second: Thirty other teams of scumbags pick ****heads.

Ingtar33
04-28-2016, 09:19 PM
Tunsil going to Southbeach? Probably the 2nd worst place for a guy with substance abuse issues, 2nd only to NO. That's got disaster written all over it.

Night Train
04-28-2016, 09:35 PM
Tunsil going to Southbeach? Probably the 2nd worst place for a guy with substance abuse issues, 2nd only to NO. That's got disaster written all over it.

Miami and their curious drafting is the gift that keeps on giving.

Goobylal
04-29-2016, 03:12 AM
It's definitely Tunsil falling. Miami might've gotten extremely lucky thanks to his stepfather wanting to screw him over. But I hope he busts.

YardRat
04-29-2016, 04:00 AM
I kind of hate to say it because he's now a Fin, but I'm rooting for the kid.

Topas
04-29-2016, 05:03 AM
Me too, Yard. Lets see if this was one mistake years ago or a continuing pattern. I would guess it is the first and the Fins get an angry player with a chip on his shoulder.
And with regard to the payment. If we drop all players that did this in college the NFL would have few players left. I think the NCAA needs to change something here.

DraftBoy
04-29-2016, 05:41 AM
Tunsil as a whole is the story of the night.

feldspar
04-29-2016, 05:45 AM
Smoking pot in college is not a red flag to me; in fact, I'd be less apt to trust a guy that DIDN'T do that. Only problem is that the NFL doesn't look too kindly on that, and it's just a dumb thing to do in that regard only. Speaking of the Dolphins and pot, I'm a pretty big fan of Ricky Williams.

Also, if somebody wants to give me money, they should always feel free. I'll take it most every time.

Dolphins made a great steal, ask me.

sukie
04-29-2016, 05:46 AM
Tunsil falling was Dolphins' X mas gift early. Great pick.

DraftBoy
04-29-2016, 05:50 AM
Smoking pot in college is not a red flag to me; in fact, I'd be less apt to trust a guy that DIDN'T do that. Only problem is that the NFL doesn't look too kindly on that, and it's just a dumb thing to do in that regard only. Speaking of the Dolphins and pot, I'm a pretty big fan of Ricky Williams.

Also, if somebody wants to give me money, they should always feel free. I'll take it most every time.

Dolphins made a great steal, ask me.

Reports are circulating that due to the video and Tunsil's admission that he may pick up strike 1 from the league for substance abuse before he even signs a contract.

He was completely clean in college, but now he'll have to deal with a much more randomized testing schedule, so let's hope he stays that way.

sukie
04-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Reports are circulating that due to the video and Tunsil's admission that he may pick up strike 1 from the league for substance abuse before he even signs a contract.

He was completely clean in college, but now he'll have to deal with a much more randomized testing schedule, so let's hope he stays that way.

That would be utter bull****. Unless he lit up as he walked to the stage and sucked in a huge drag... He wasn't in the NFL to be hit with a strike 1

DraftBoy
04-29-2016, 06:06 AM
That would be utter bull****. Unless he lit up as he walked to the stage and sucked in a huge drag... He wasn't in the NFL to be hit with a strike 1

Don't know what the CBA says or if it is even possible without a positive test.

Joe Fo Sho
04-29-2016, 06:08 AM
I think the biggest story is the Browns having the 32nd overall pick. I never thought I'd see the day.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2016, 06:25 AM
****** Dolphins got so lucky. Tunsil is a stud.

Historian
04-29-2016, 06:39 AM
I kind of hate to say it because he's now a Fin, but I'm rooting for the kid.

Not me.

All these idiots have to do is keep their bodies functioning at peak performance, for as long as possible.

Do that, and the world is your oyster.

That being said, the NFL is going to have to put the clamps on this twitter nonsense.

Between the fake accounts, the players stupidity, etc, I think they need to black out all media and team officials while this process is going on.

This kid....hacked and outed.

Shaq.....fake shoulder rumors.

For all we know, this could be done by a team targeting a guy, so that he drops to them. (Like the fish)

The NFL needs to get a handle on it.

Casserly said it best last night: "Social media can never help you.....only hurt you."

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Substance abuse issues?

I missed that part.

What substance abuse issues does he have?

EDS
04-29-2016, 06:44 AM
Sort of a tough first day for the University of Alabama, other than Kelly. Potential first rounders like Ragland, Reed, Robinson and Henry all heading for the second round.

Night Train
04-29-2016, 06:46 AM
The other story is the teams that traded up, giving up a lot to draft very ordinary players.

Historian
04-29-2016, 06:52 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtl1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/13133171_1133754923337861_8205632827932935984_n.jpg?oh=0c5be295d12c0d1f52647803db5fb1ab&oe=57BE2F42

Historian
04-29-2016, 06:53 AM
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/13077036_1055460911184971_2898914715939261861_n.jpg?oh=bdb85dd64be9464328a91322533fed95&oe=57ACBB4B

Joe Fo Sho
04-29-2016, 07:03 AM
That being said, the NFL is going to have to put the clamps on this twitter nonsense.

Between the fake accounts, the players stupidity, etc, I think they need to black out all media and team officials while this process is going on.

I don't even know how the NFL could enforce such a rule, it's pretty much impossible. What's next, not allowing them internet access? Newspapers? C'mon.

This kid....hacked and outed.

'Hacked' is just a fancy word for when someone figured out your password. He probably shouldn't use "password123" for all of his social media, or at least keep his password to himself.

Shaq.....fake shoulder rumors.

For all we know, this could be done by a team targeting a guy, so that he drops to them. (Like the fish)

This has been an issue since long before social media.

Casserly said it best last night: "Social media can never help you.....only hurt you."

Social media can hurt you if you have something to hide. The real problem is that he was smoking weed and that he allowed someone to FILM it. What an idiot.

And where did those images of his text chats come from? I would normally think they were fake, but he admitted that he probably took money from coaches. Again, what an idiot.

Take that text history, and delete it as soon as you send/receive incriminating texts. This is all basic stuff, it's Avoiding Incrimination 101.

You could also take the approach of not smoking weed or not violating the NCAA rules for student athletes, but where's the fun in that?

justasportsfan
04-29-2016, 07:17 AM
The biggest story for me is the Cheatriots having the biggest steal of the draft

:snicker:

The King
04-29-2016, 10:15 AM
I thought Deion's Barbara Walters impression was disgusting. If this kids Step Father posted the pic, this is a much bigger issue than a kid smoking pot. He should've let Tunsil slide and asked the same questions everyone else got, Deion asked him repeatedly and really pissed on the kids moment IMO. He had enough drama going on, last thing he needs is frickin Deion Sanders asking him deep probing questions.

DraftBoy
04-29-2016, 10:15 AM
I thought Deion's Barbara Walters impression was disgusting. If this kids Step Father posted the pic, this is a much bigger issue than a kid smoking pot. He should've let Tunsil slide and asked the same questions everyone else got, Deion asked him repeatedly and really pissed on the kids moment IMO. He had enough drama going on, last thing he needs is frickin Deion Sanders asking him deep probing questions.

If you thought Deion was rough, did you see how Suzy Kolber got after him?

The King
04-29-2016, 10:18 AM
If you thought Deion was rough, did you see how Suzy Kolber got after him?

I didn't. And that sucks.

DraftBoy
04-29-2016, 10:21 AM
I didn't. And that sucks.

Yea, she was all over him about it. It does suck that is took away from his moment and that somebody is out there intentionally trying to sabotage the kid.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Based on how Gruden reacted, I was pretty sure that Tunsil axe murdered his grandparents.

Forward_Lateral
04-29-2016, 10:39 AM
It's nice to see other teams move up and reach, or just stay put and make dumb picks.

Forward_Lateral
04-29-2016, 10:40 AM
Mooch and Maycock's reactions made me sick. Mooch acted like he was so disappointed that he was going to cry. Mayock is a dork.

Forward_Lateral
04-29-2016, 10:42 AM
I love it when people act all high and mighty. The kid made a mistake and smoked pot. I'd say 80% of college students at one time or another try pot. Guys like Mooch acting like it's the end of the world when he probably does rails off of strippers every weekend.

DraftBoy
04-29-2016, 11:01 AM
I love it when people act all high and mighty. The kid made a mistake and smoked pot. I'd say 80% of college students at one time or another try pot. Guys like Mooch acting like it's the end of the world when he probably does rails off of strippers every weekend.

Strippers and Blow is the only way to go.