PDA

View Full Version : QB in round 2; Roll the dice...

elltrain22
04-29-2016, 05:43 AM
If Cook or Hackenberg are there, roll the dice please. They could very well be busts, especially Hackenburg, but they also could be very decent NFL qb's, possibly even a franchise qb. If we wait till round 3 or 4, Prescott, C.Jones, etc, at best, will be very average NFL qb's. Please OBD, take a chance.....

mysticsoto
04-29-2016, 05:52 AM
They could be thinking Hogan in Rd 4...

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2016, 05:54 AM
Connor Cook in round two. Please and thank you

Scumbag College
04-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Jacoby Brissett from NC State might be an option in the fourth as well. Big arm and decent mobility.

Topas
04-29-2016, 06:10 AM
Dont like Cook. Would go Hogan in 4th if available.
LB and T in rounds 2 and 3.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2016, 06:43 AM
I'd be pissed if they took any of those QBs in the 2nd. If they fall to the 3rd maybe I'd consider, but not with all these studly defensive players still on the board. Hell no.

The Jokeman
04-29-2016, 06:53 AM
If Cook or Hackenberg are there, roll the dice please. They could very well be busts, especially Hackenburg, but they also could be very decent NFL qb's, possibly even a franchise qb. If we wait till round 3 or 4, Prescott, C.Jones, etc, at best, will be very average NFL qb's. Please OBD, take a chance.....
I don't mind taking Cook but think Cleveland or Dallas might nab him. Hackenberg could be the guy we end up with but as referenced a few days ago it be a reach.

The Jokeman
04-29-2016, 06:55 AM
Jacoby Brissett from NC State might be an option in the fourth as well. Big arm and decent mobility.

I know mobility is the chique thing but if study Super Bowl history more than not the pocket passer wins.

Night Train
04-29-2016, 07:03 AM
We'll draft Presott or Hogan at some point.

Victor7
04-29-2016, 08:27 AM
Roll the dice ...... on anyone but Cardale please.

YardRat
04-29-2016, 09:13 AM
Pass on Cook and Hack, especially in the second.

DraftBoy
04-29-2016, 09:22 AM
I don't want Hogan at all.

I'd take almost every QB in the draft over him.

Dr. Who
04-29-2016, 09:31 AM
I know that Hackenberg was awful the last two years, but I think he could rebuild his game. He's the fella I like best who is left (I wanted Lynch,) but I suspect he will be taken in the second. I think we will go defense in the second, especially if someone like Reed, Chris Jones, or Billings is still on the board. Reed at #49 would be a helluva pick.

Ed
04-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Chris Brown pretty much dismissed Hogan as an option for the Bills because of his weak arm.

justasportsfan
04-29-2016, 09:33 AM
Based on the minimal knowledge I have of college football (none at all and only based from what I've seen in youtube) , I like the ball placements from Cooks throws. Tight window, between 2 defenders. Throws that Rogers and Brady make all the time. I want someone who can make use of slants- up the middle throws that make use of Woods and the multi million TE we paid for in Clay. I want a gunslinger first QB over a running qb.

Ed
04-29-2016, 09:33 AM
I think Dak Prescott or Cardale Jones is going to end up with the Bills, but not in the 2nd.

Jry44
04-29-2016, 09:52 AM
I think if Cook is there they will think hard about it. I think they have to go dline or LB, especially if one of the Bama guys or Ragland miraculously falls to us over Coo,k however.

elltrain22
04-29-2016, 03:22 PM
I realize that Cook might not make it, and I'm not advocating for them to draft up to do this. Just don't wanna loose fan cool points

Mace
04-29-2016, 04:21 PM
I still don't think you draft a QB just to draft a QB, and I find it real hard to believe with the remaining talent, they'd have a QB sitting near the top of their board.

He's not popular but I still like Cardale Jones among those remaining. I still wouldn't take him in the 2nd, or trade up for him in the 3rd. Not even sure he's ever going to make near the top of my board of remaining players for me to want to take him anyway.

There will be a new crop of desperation qb's again next year and I don't think we're going to drop much in the draft order.

I figure it this way. If they roll the bones on one of these middlin' guys, he's just going to be good enough to keep them from thinking about a major move to go after, say, a Chad Kelly, the same way teams have, through the years committed early to reaching for not good QB's then taking 2 years for them to play their way out of the equation. If he's not good enough to keep you from thinking about a major move, you just wasted a draft pick in a deep draft when you could sure use players.

And you are now in the world of Jake Lockers, Blaine Gabberts, Christian Ponders, Matt Barkelys, Geno Smiths, Tyler Wilsons and Jimmy Claussens.

MikeInRoch
04-30-2016, 09:10 AM
I agree with Cardale. That's the guy I want.

ckg927
04-30-2016, 11:37 AM
I agree with Cardale. That's the guy I want.

And we got him with the last pick of round 4.