PDA

View Full Version : Raise your hand if all you were thinking while the Bills were on the clock was

Forward_Lateral
04-29-2016, 09:39 AM
"Please don't pick Paxton Lynch, Please don't pick Paxton Lynch, Please don't pick Paxton Lynch."

stuckincincy
04-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Yep! :kid:

Dr. Who
04-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Nope. I was hoping they would, but I strongly suspected they would not. If Lynch turns into a franchise qb, your attempt at humor won't be very funny.
Shaq Lawson is a good pick, though.

Yasgur's Farm
04-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Nope

Jry44
04-29-2016, 09:46 AM
Count me as one of them.

Defense in general is a huge need. I think that it's been proven now that a great defense can help to compensate for adequate quarterback play. Build the defense, and then develop a QB is the approach that I like. I think we take either Hackenburg, Jones, or Prescott tonight in the 3rd.

Mace
04-29-2016, 09:49 AM
I am one of them too.

cookie G
04-29-2016, 10:04 AM
nope

DraftBoy
04-29-2016, 10:17 AM
With Lawson there, I only considered one other option in Jack.

Forward_Lateral
04-29-2016, 10:21 AM
With Lawson there, I only considered one other option in Jack.

I was hoping for Jack, but he fell all the way out of the first, so teams are obviously scared. I would love it if the Bills got him in round 2. Those two guys instantly change the Defense, IMO.

Shaq is a freaking beast.

OpIv37
04-29-2016, 10:40 AM
"Please don't pick Paxton Lynch, Please don't pick Paxton Lynch, Please don't pick Paxton Lynch."

Yeah but it didn't end there. It was "please don't trade back into the first, please don't trade back into the first...."

WagonCircler
04-29-2016, 10:42 AM
I was positive they wouldn't pick Lynch, because Doug Whaley was making the pick. He will wait and take dumb as a box of rocks Cardale Jones.

Forward_Lateral
04-29-2016, 10:43 AM
Yeah but it didn't end there. It was "please don't trade back into the first, please don't trade back into the first...."

LOL I went to bed after the pick and said to my wife "I hope they don't do something dumb while I'm asleep."

baalworship
04-29-2016, 10:59 AM
I was in the anyone but Ragland camp.

Mr. Pink
04-29-2016, 11:08 AM
I was thinking that they're gonna take the guy who I thought they were taking for a few months :rofl:

I did have a side thought of trade down and get more picks because there was plenty of talent available still.

Scumbag College
04-29-2016, 11:15 AM

I usually just go and do other things after the Bills pick in the first, but I had a weird feeling that the Bills were going to give up next year's first and a bunch of picks next year to move back up and take that guy. It was a pretty dull last hour of the draft and I'm glad that it was that boring and that my gut feeling was wrong.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-29-2016, 11:58 AM
You guys forgot who's calling the draft now. Whaley came from Pittsburgh and they almost never trade away their high picks.

Before you guys jump on me for the Watkins trade, I'm convinced, like all the pundits in the media, that the ownership situation dictated that move and Brandon probably is the driving force behind it. If you watch Whaley's demeanor over the last 3 years, you see a guy more comfortable with his own skin at the GM position now. I would not doubt that his roots and true color are flowing freely these days.

Night Train
04-29-2016, 12:45 PM

I was at the Bills fieldhouse. You could hear Rappaport mention his name and everyone groaned. I was slightly ill for 10 seconds. Then I heard Lawson and just cheered.

Jry44
04-29-2016, 02:13 PM
I was positive they wouldn't pick Lynch, because Doug Whaley was making the pick. He will wait and take dumb as a box of rocks Cardale Jones.

Or he was in no way, shape, or form a 1st round talent. He's Blane Gabbert at best. Has the look of an NFL QB, but has never really shown the ability to be one after playing in a pedestrian system. Plus, he can't read the field.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Totally me! :wave:

YardRat
04-29-2016, 04:09 PM
:wave:

mdcas22
04-29-2016, 08:35 PM
yet the Superbowl champs had him above Goff on there board and traded up to take him,,, of coarse they don't no crap now do they??????

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2016, 09:58 PM

Nope.

swiper
04-30-2016, 04:46 AM
yet the Superbowl champs had him above Goff on there board and traded up to take him,,, of coarse they don't no crap now do they??????

course
know

How can a poster's criticism be taken seriously when the kid can't even spell worth a 3rd grader?

WagonCircler
04-30-2016, 12:03 PM

Well, what do you know?

It's almost as though you could see it coming a mile away.

YardRat
05-02-2016, 01:26 PM

Denver is one of the teams in the league that has never drafted a franchise QB. Ever.