PDA

View Full Version : Doubt Bills take a QB!

HHURRICANE
04-30-2016, 11:27 AM
When Cook came off the board I'd be shocked if we take a QB.

helmetguy
04-30-2016, 11:33 AM

Shocked yet?

HHURRICANE
04-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Lol!!!

They just drafter EJ's twin brother...stupid pick.

I gave them too much credit.

swiper
04-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Can't believe I waited all day for this crappy pick

ckg927
04-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Cue The Price Is Right's "losing horn" for this thread.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2016, 11:36 AM
Wasn't even close to best player available.

ckg927
04-30-2016, 11:36 AM
Lol!!!

They just drafter EJ's twin brother...stupid pick.

I gave them too much credit.

I don't think Jones is going to be put in a position where he'll be the starter anytime soon. And I'm OK with that. He needs a LOT of work.

Ed
04-30-2016, 11:39 AM
They had to take a qb at some point. He's the biggest and best athlete, and has the strongest arm. Why not take a guy with a lot of upside that has the time to develop?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus they can still use him in short yardage situations this year.

YardRat
04-30-2016, 11:43 AM
Would have preferred they take a chance on Coker in the sixth.

justasportsfan
04-30-2016, 11:45 AM
I'd rather bring back Tuel

Ed
04-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Coker may go undrafted and they're going to bring at least 4 qbs to camp. They could still sign him or use one of their 6th round picks on him.

feldspar
04-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Can't believe I waited all day for this crappy pick

Same here.

Made me laugh at least...

psubills62
04-30-2016, 11:50 AM
Yeah, Jones is too much like Manuel for my liking. Better to use a 4th instead of a 1st, but still.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-30-2016, 11:52 AM
I'd rather bring back Tuel

You gave me chiefs 2013 flashbacks. Egad , that 100 yard pick six.

whkfc
04-30-2016, 11:53 AM
So everyone hates this pick. So the weaknesses will be repeated here adnausium. So what are the strengths that got Jones drafted period. It can't be all bad can it?

justasportsfan
04-30-2016, 11:54 AM
You gave me chiefs 2013 flashbacks. Egad , that 100 yard pick six.

What do you think would happen if we throw Cardale to the wolves?

sdbillsfan2
04-30-2016, 11:59 AM
I would like to know why Jones is a better choice than EJ. I really don't see it. Didn't EJ grade out higher than this. We just traded one loser for the next imo.
Not to sound like a racist but it seems Whaley likes these black qbs. Just sayin.

streetkings01
04-30-2016, 12:04 PM
Why do people complain about 4th-7th round picks? Those picks are all based off potential anyways. No matter who we took I think the OP would've called it a crap pick.

The Jokeman
So everyone hates this pick. So the weaknesses will be repeated here adnausium. So what are the strengths that got Jones drafted period. It can't be all bad can it?

Great athlete and if can replicate his 2014 success then wow!

WagonCircler

You were right. They didn't take a QB.

They took an athlete.

Welcome to 7-9 for eternity.

Mr. Pink
04-30-2016, 12:05 PM

Winner. 11-0 as a starter. Big and athletic. Lively arm.

I don't like him as a player either but those are his strengths.

justasportsfan
04-30-2016, 12:06 PM
I would like to know why Jones is a better choice than EJ. I really don't see it. Didn't EJ grade out higher than this. We just traded one loser for the next imo.

Exactly how I feel. He's a bigger project than EJ.

WagonCircler
04-30-2016, 12:08 PM

And this illustrates the problem with the pick.

It's not just that it was a stupid pick, wasted on a stupid player. No, what it does is closes the QB position for another 3 or 4 years.

The Bills will not draft or sign another QB until Terry Pegula finally comes to his senses and fires Doug Whaley.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2016, 12:08 PM
He only got drafted because he played at Ohio State. Ohh and he got benched.

The Jokeman
04-30-2016, 12:10 PM
Not to sound like a racist but it seems Whaley likes these black qbs. Just sayin.
EJ was way further along coming out than Cardale. The EJ comparison should only be both guys have great athletic measurables yet EJ is a far better QB in terms of understanding the position etc.

swiper

It's not just that it was a stupid pick, wasted on a stupid player. No, what it does is closes the QB position for another 3 or 4 years.

The Bills will not draft or sign another QB until Terry Pegula finally comes to his senses and fires Doug Whaley.

Ed

EJ isn't going to be a Bill after this season, so they're going to have to sign or draft someone next year.

swiper
Face it. Pegula is garbage.

The Jokeman
04-30-2016, 12:13 PM

Or does it demonstrate that we're going all in with Tyrod this year and if he fails we can take a higher pick than 19 next year?

justasportsfan
04-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Why do people complain about 4th-7th round picks? .

We found Kyle Williams in the 5th rd

WagonCircler
04-30-2016, 12:16 PM
Face it. Pegula is garbage.

I have grudgingly come to that conclusion.

I love what he's doing with the Sabres, but **** this football team.

mysticsoto
04-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Or does it demonstrate that we're going all in with Tyrod this year and if he fails we can take a higher pick than 19 next year?

Here's the thing: If Cardale shows "some" improvement between this yr and next we...could...tag Tyrod next yr and give Cardale more time to develop. If he isn't, then we either pay Tyrod, bring in a veteran or draft a qb w/our 1st rd. But no matter who we select here, there's going to be a knock on them for something. There are only project QBs left.

psubills62
04-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Winner. 11-0 as a starter. Big and athletic. Lively arm.

I don't like him as a player either but those are his strengths.

Players around him had a small hand in those wins as well.

Mr. Pink
04-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Players around him had a small hand in those wins as well.

Obviously.

But he did look pretty big time in 2014 and instrumental in leading the Buckeyes to a National Title.

Last year he was just crap.

streetkings01
04-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Did I miss something here? We were looking for a franchise QB in the 4th round? If he's a bum who cares it was a 4th round comp pick.........if he's successful then great we got a great player in the 4th.

The Jokeman
04-30-2016, 01:01 PM
Here's the thing: If Cardale shows "some" improvement between this yr and next we...could...tag Tyrod next yr and give Cardale more time to develop. If he isn't, then we either pay Tyrod, bring in a veteran or draft a qb w/our 1st rd. But no matter who we select here, there's going to be a knock on them for something. There are only project QBs left. Valid points.

mysticsoto
04-30-2016, 01:15 PM
Valid points.

I'm guessing they chose him over Hogan mainly for his cannon arm. Hogan just doesn't have enough strength to play in Buffalo winter winds. The good thing about Jones is that he's calm and collected. Let's see if he's teachable now...he has no pressure on him and has a year, possibly two to develop. Here's where character comes in. I don't know how he is, but...does he have the drive to succeed? If so, he will undoubtedly improve...

And don't forget that Roman's offense is heavy run oriented and doesn't rely on putting all the pressure on the qb...like I said before, we used a 5th on him (essentially). It's not a terrible risk at that level...

MikeInRoch
04-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Not to sound like a racist....

Any time you have to preface something with this - it's a pretty good bet you are a racist.

streetkings01
04-30-2016, 01:24 PM
We found Kyle Williams in the 5th rdWe also found Cyril Richardson, Jonathan Meeks, Zebrie Sanders, Tank Carder, Johnny White, Ed Wang, Nic Harris and Alvin Bowen.

yanklovver
04-30-2016, 01:26 PM
Face it. Pegula is garbage. What an Asinine comment!!!!

Saratoga Slim
04-30-2016, 01:33 PM
I really liked Hogan, but arm strength in buffalo is a "thing".

I won't be at all surprised if he's starting for the chiefs in a year or two. Very similar to Alex Smith, can see why Reid wanted him as a backup

swiper
04-30-2016, 01:50 PM
What an Asinine comment!!!!

Truth. The only asinine comment is what you typed.

justasportsfan
04-30-2016, 01:59 PM
We also found Cyril Richardson, Jonathan Meeks, Zebrie Sanders, Tank Carder, Johnny White, Ed Wang, Nic Harris and Alvin Bowen.

I agree that there are bums late rds. but you still don't waste it when you can find a probowler or someone who could be considered the best qb that ever lived. I doubt Jones is the next Brady but later picks are still impotant.

snow1989
04-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Late round pick and project....no real issues with it; hell, Brady was a 6th round pick and a couple years. Perhaps a position conversion? Braxton Miller converted to WR, maybe convert Jones to TE....big, speed, hands...just thinking outside the box.....

Mr. Pink
05-01-2016, 02:39 PM
I really liked Hogan, but arm strength in buffalo is a "thing".

I won't be at all surprised if he's starting for the chiefs in a year or two. Very similar to Alex Smith, can see why Reid wanted him as a backup

To me, Hogan is a guy like Ken Dorsey.

Understands everything that goes on, can process what happens on the field, able to make good decisions but doesn't have the physical tools to put the mental acumen to full use on the field.

There will be a place for him on an NFL team for a decade, just not on the field.

John Doe
05-01-2016, 06:01 PM

It's not just that it was a stupid pick, wasted on a stupid player.

What makes you think that Jones is stupid? His "wonderlic score?"

WagonCircler
05-01-2016, 06:09 PM
What makes you think that Jones is stupid? His "wonderlic score?"

There are reports by scouts all over the internet. His leadership was repeatedly questioned by teammates. He was benched for stupidity and poor play.

Google is your friend.

Did Cardale Jones lose money returning to Ohio State?

The question will be asked repeatedly in the coming months and is particularly timely Tuesday, with J.T. Barrett reclaiming the starting job at Ohio State.

Jones turned down the NFL after his surprising three-game audition last season that resulted in a national title, choosing instead to stay at Ohio State for the 2015 season.

Barrett was widely considered the better fit for Ohio State's offense, but coach Urban Meyer stuck with Jones as the starter for the first seven games. Now even Meyer can't deny any longer than Jones is holding the Buckeyes back.

"J.T. has earned the right to start Saturday at Rutgers," Meyer said Tuesday on a conference call.

Although he's completing 62 percent of his passes and has more touchdowns (seven) than interceptions (five), Jones has disappointed this season. And not because he's regressed, but because he looks exactly the same as last season, making the same mistakes and failing to show much improvement as a passer. There is no questioning Jones' physical tools with his well-built frame, top-shelf arm strength and the mobility to move the pocket or pick up chunk yardage with his legs when needed.

However, his game lacks sophistication.

Jones has the same cannon and confidence throwing downfield, but he's failing to read defenses and instead locking onto targets – issues that were obvious on his 2014 tape. Where he has really struggled is a lack of anticipation and timing. Studying his film, Jones waits for targets to get open before throwing the ball as hard as he can so it arrives before the defender. He needs refinement with his footwork, internal clock and overall accuracy to all levels of the field.

Maturity has been another trouble issue with Jones over his collegiate career so his reaction to a demotion will be something scouts watch closely. Despite being a top-five finisher in the Heisman voting last year, Barrett, who is over two years younger than Jones, accepted his back-up role this season and showed a team-first attitude..

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25347033/nfl-draft-cardale-jones-benched-how-does-it-affect-his-nfl-future

stuckincincy
05-01-2016, 08:15 PM
What do you think would happen if we throw Cardale to the wolves?

When you say wolves, are your referring to our offensive line?