PDA

View Full Version : Kolby Listenbee II Highlights

BillsImpossible
04-30-2016, 02:43 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZD-vX71On44" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BillsImpossible
04-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Percy Harvin take 2?

justasportsfan
04-30-2016, 03:02 PM
Impressive highlights. Fights for his catches.

mysticsoto
04-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Percy Harvin take 2?

Hopefully w/o the vagina though...

Buddo
04-30-2016, 03:12 PM
He looks like he tracks the ball in the air, as well as anyone. Shows good hands because of it. Quite impressive really. Lets him be where the football is going to be, so isn't having to make the spectacular catch.

Mace
04-30-2016, 06:27 PM
He was a good pick, imho.

sahlensguy
04-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Favorite pick of the draft. Didn't see a ton of seperation given the speed though. Always came up with the catch in tight coverage, at least on the highlights...

Night Train
04-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Has been timed in the 4.2's and has run a 10.04 100 meters. No need to call Baker St. to solve this mystery. He's here to run the fly pattern and take the top off the secondary. Replaces Goodwin.

Mace
04-30-2016, 06:40 PM
Favorite pick of the draft. Didn't see a ton of seperation given the speed though. Always came up with the catch in tight coverage, at least on the highlights...

Just catching in tight coverage is a good thing though. Had Trevone Boykin throwing to him though. Ironically, Boykin's NFL comparison was Tyrod Taylor. Boykin signed as a udfa with Seattle.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/trevone-boykin?id=2555412

Turf
04-30-2016, 07:40 PM
Kid definitely goes for the football.

Rhettoric
04-30-2016, 08:00 PM
He had a much better Junior season, I believe he was playing through injuries last year. If we get the 2014 version he can definitely stretch the field on go routes, but that is about all he was asked to do in the Frogs' air raid offense.

mysticsoto
04-30-2016, 08:34 PM
Has been timed in the 4.2's and has run a 10.04 100 meters. No need to call Baker St. to solve this mystery. He's here to run the fly pattern and take the top off the secondary. Replaces Goodwin.

Didn't Goodwin just get married this past year or something? Poor guy...he's going to be out of a job...

sahlensguy
04-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Just catching in tight coverage is a good thing though. Had Trevone Boykin throwing to him though. Ironically, Boykin's NFL comparison was Tyrod Taylor. Boykin signed as a udfa with Seattle.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/trevone-boykin?id=2555412

Its a good thing indeed. He seems to time his jumps well. He looks more like a player than Goodwin or even TJ Graham ever did.

stuckincincy
04-30-2016, 08:42 PM
He had a much better Junior season, I believe he was playing through injuries last year. If we get the 2014 version he can definitely stretch the field on go routes, but that is about all he was asked to do in the Frogs' air raid offense.

As long as he sticks to the sidelines, he's Taylor's guy!

ParanoidAndroid
04-30-2016, 09:14 PM
Are we looking for WR's or are we putting together a 4x100m relay team? At least he has better size than Goodwin.

Goobylal
04-30-2016, 09:59 PM
I'm enthused by this pick. He's probably one of the fastest guys in the NFL, but beyond that, has good size at 6' 200# (unlike Goodwin), was the strongest WR in the draft, has good hands, and can track the ball. He played last season with double sports hernias. And Taylor can chuck it deep.

Victor7
05-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Didn't Goodwin just get married this past year or something? Poor guy...he's going to be out of a job...

And out of money too. You know wives ....

Ba Dum tssshhh !

Anyway. This kid fights for the ball. Looks to be more than just an athlete unlike Goodwin. Hope its the case because this whole drafting fast guys that get hurt when you look at them act is really getting old.

elltrain22
05-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Just wondering why he didn't get drafted sooner. He's legit!! Great upside

Goobylal
05-03-2016, 06:19 PM

Probably QB and his double sports hernias, which limited his production. He also had surgery on the hernias 2 weeks after the Combine.

feldspar
05-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Now how did I know that this highlight video was going to involve a completely annoying rap song to accompany it?

That almost never happens.

feldspar
05-03-2016, 08:02 PM
"A N166er do a lotta right, right before they do wrong. And you gone...outta there. N166er see ya later..."

That's poetry in motion right there, folks. White guy say dat, and he done.

Actual words to the "song" from the highlight video.

Anyway, go Listenbee!

The Jokeman
05-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Seems like a bit of a body catcher but shocked with his wheels wasn't a return man in college. Not a bad pick in Round 6 though.

starrymessenger
05-04-2016, 08:21 AM

On those plays where he he has to fight for the ball, I think they are not making the most of his speed. He has to be where the ball is after all if he is going to catch it. He is basically being underthrown a tad, something that Taylor is not likely to do. Nice to see how well he tracks the ball and uses his body to keep the DB out of his space.
He is a world class sprinter, which means he has plenty of burst. He is also good sized and strong. So he should have a chance to beat the press. If he can do that he should be a day 1 contributor. If he can develop and refine his route tree, look out.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Thin body frame, probably won't be able to add much muscle. Not a blocker at all. Not a clean break/cut guy.

Basically he's guy who's going to do what Lee Evans used to do: go on the outside, but he needs to learn to get off the line at the NFL level. Probably will benefit a great deal practicing against Gilmore every day.

Goobylal
05-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Thin body frame, probably won't be able to add much muscle. Not a blocker at all. Not a clean break/cut guy.

Basically he's guy who's going to do what Lee Evans used to do: go on the outside, but he needs to learn to get off the line at the NFL level. Probably will benefit a great deal practicing against Gilmore every day.

At 6' and 197#, doesn't need to add much more muscle. Blocking can be worked on and it's more attitude than anything. If he doesn't become a great one, no biggee. As for routes, he'll learn them. You can't teach the other stuff he has.

tomz
05-04-2016, 12:58 PM
On those plays where he he has to fight for the ball, I think they are not making the most of his speed. He has to be where the ball is after all if he is going to catch it. He is basically being underthrown a tad, something that Taylor is not likely to do. Nice to see how well he tracks the ball and uses his body to keep the DB out of his space.
He is a world class sprinter, which means he has plenty of burst. He is also good sized and strong. So he should have a chance to beat the press. If he can do that he should be a day 1 contributor. If he can develop and refine his route tree, look out.

Underthrown almost every time, I'd say. That's one way to

- - - Updated - - -

Underthrown almost every time, I'd say. That's one way to

ghz in pittsburgh
05-04-2016, 01:10 PM
At 6' and 197#, doesn't need to add much more muscle. Blocking can be worked on and it's more attitude than anything. If he doesn't become a great one, no biggee. As for routes, he'll learn them. You can't teach the other stuff he has.

Certain body frames can build up muscle to withstand the pounding in NFL. His might be too long and too thin to do that (according to some scouts). The big thing is quickness. Antonio Brown was a late round draft pick (undersized), but he's explosive off the LOS; once he bulked up a bit and learned to fight off the DB jams in NFL, he's becoming a top 3 WR in the league. Unfortunately for Listenbee, his speed is attained with his long strides, not initial move/change of direction. He does tracks and fights the ball better than most of his kind (Olympic speed receivers).

starrymessenger
05-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Its too bad that Listenbees' injury prevented him from fully participating in the drills. His 20 and 60 yard shuttle results would have been interesting to see. Probably the Bills have a fix on his short area quickness.

Goobylal
05-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Certain body frames can build up muscle to withstand the pounding in NFL. His might be too long and too thin to do that (according to some scouts). The big thing is quickness. Antonio Brown was a late round draft pick (undersized), but he's explosive off the LOS; once he bulked up a bit and learned to fight off the DB jams in NFL, he's becoming a top 3 WR in the league. Unfortunately for Listenbee, his speed is attained with his long strides, not initial move/change of direction. He does tracks and fights the ball better than most of his kind (Olympic speed receivers).

(This is purely for academic purposes since Brown has proven to be a stud and Listenbee has proven nothing yet)

Antonio Brown weighed 186# at the Combine and is now listed at 181#. He also benched 2 fewer reps of 225# at the Combine than Listenbee did. Brown obviously didn't bulk up and I doubt he got much stronger/stronger than Listenbee after losing 5#, and I wouldn't call 5'10" 181# as being thick, or more precisely, thicker than someone 6' 197#. I do concur that what Brown did (in addition to learning routes and gaining experience) was to learn to beat the jam, and that that is something Listenbee will have to learn as well. But again, that (those) can be taught.

As for quickness, at the Combine Listenbee only ran the 40-yard dash. As is already known, he had double sports hernias, which affected his performance. Still, his 10-yard split was only 0.02 slower than Brown's, again, while injured, while his 20-yard and obviously 40-yard were faster. Healthy I have no doubt his 10-yard split is also faster. I would have liked to see his 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle times, though.

Actually, I think a more appropriate comparison would be with another Steeler player, Mike Wallace.