• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

PFF Draft Grades - Winners and Losers

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: PFF Draft Grades - Winners and Losers

Jones has a cannon for an arm and he’s worth a developmental shot, even though his accuracy between six and 30 yards is among the worst in the class.

Well, that's a little troubling.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jry44
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Jones has a cannon for an arm and he’s worth a developmental shot, even though his accuracy between six and 30 yards is among the worst in the class.

Well, that's a little troubling.
      Well it shouldn't be, he was a 4th round pick. Not a 1st or a second. He's not going to be counted on anytime soon.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
        Well it shouldn't be, he was a 4th round pick. Not a 1st or a second. He's not going to be counted on anytime soon.
        Yeah, it should be, especially if you're one of those "EJ is trash because accuracy can't be taught" guys. Those are the throws that make the difference between 'keeper' and 'pretender' at the QB position.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

How do they measure for accuracy because his completion % was fine? Jones' overall completion% was 61.7%, and he put up his highest% his junior year at 62.3%.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

Not sure how 80% of the league can grade out at B- or better. Just a mild gripe.

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
              How do they measure for accuracy because his completion % was fine? Jones' overall completion% was 61.7%, and he put up his highest% his junior year at 62.3%.
              I don't know. EJ was completing 60% for a while. Then you get a 5 yard out sail over a guys head or a screen pass hit the ground. I guess it's consistency. What I've read is when Jones was just playing and not think in 2014 he was phenomenal. In 2015, when he was named the starter and they worked on mechanics he took a dive. Now, I might get killed for this, but, Tim Tebow comes to mind after reading this. He's a guy that is at his best when he's playing like he's on a sandlot.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                I don't know. EJ was completing 60% for a while. Then you get a 5 yard out sail over a guys head or a screen pass hit the ground. I guess it's consistency. What I've read is when Jones was just playing and not think in 2014 he was phenomenal. In 2015, when he was named the starter and they worked on mechanics he took a dive. Now, I might get killed for this, but, Tim Tebow comes to mind after reading this. He's a guy that is at his best when he's playing like he's on a sandlot.
                EJ is at his best playing sandst too, just sayin. Accuracy may come down to, not completion %, but actually hitting redirects on target and in stride. IDK. Jones may not be able to hit a crossing pattern without getting the wr killed to save his life. It's a 4th round pick,so worth the shot I guess.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

Total waste of pick. The guy is basically Jamarcus Russell without all the hype.

Comment

• sudzy
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                    The guy is basically Jamarcus Russell without all the hype.
                    Russell might be a Bill by the end of next week. He fits the mold.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

PFF flounders on Bills grade.

Round 1 - take guy with bum shoulder

Round 2 - take LB that can't cover in the emerging NFL pass game

Round 3 - take Corbin Bryant's twin

THEN the GM feels obliged to get some offense reacting by taking the worst QB that was drafted, a RB (why another?) and a WR.

Comment

• Jry44
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        Yeah, it should be, especially if you're one of those "EJ is trash because accuracy can't be taught" guys. Those are the throws that make the difference between 'keeper' and 'pretender' at the QB position.
                        No, it shouldn't be. He's a 4th round, closer 5th round pick. Stop acting like every draft pick is going to eventually start. I get that there are exceptions, but 4th round picks are almost never counted on to be immediate starters. They're projects. I'm not a huge Cardale Jones fan, but I don't think that taking him with the last pick of the 4th round, given accuracy issues is a big deal, thus why he's basically a 5th round pick!

Comment

• Swiper
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
                          No, it shouldn't be. He's a 4th round, closer 5th round pick. Stop acting like every draft pick is going to eventually start. I get that there are exceptions, but 4th round picks are almost never counted on to be immediate starters. They're projects. I'm not a huge Cardale Jones fan, but I don't think that taking him with the last pick of the 4th round, given accuracy issues is a big deal, thus why he's basically a 5th round pick!
                          STUPID. That is EXACTLY the expectation. IF you don't think that each and every pick is eventually going to start then pick someone else. Stupidest post ever.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                            Not sure how 80% of the league can grade out at B- or better. Just a mild gripe.
                            I can see you haven't attended school in the past 30 or so years...everybody is above average and gets a trophy.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Bengals had an excellent draft. Giving the Bills the same grade as the Bengals shows the failure of PFF.

Comment

Working...
                              X