PDA

View Full Version : Draft Prospect Jakob Chychrun

Yasgur's Farm
05-01-2016, 10:22 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/plugins/brightcove-video-cloud/bc-iframe.php?vidid=4669131549001&ap=false&dataplayer=4yLzmDz6l&dataaccount=1704050871&uniqueid=&skinclass=vjs-sportsnet&autostart=false&cmsid=384&adserverurlparam=Video&section=sportsnet%3Ahockey%3Anhl&playrollads=true

DetDannyWilliams
05-01-2016, 05:09 PM
history could definitely repeat itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iMb79iYthU

Risto Chychrun
McCabe Pysyk
Bogo Gorges/Nelson

JATMtheJATM
05-01-2016, 05:55 PM
Nelson will spend next year in rochester where he belongs for now. Also, the 8th pick will likely not be signed and spend next year in buffalo. Why rush? Fill any gaps with trades and free agents.

DetDannyWilliams
05-01-2016, 06:49 PM
Murray could switch it up completely...I keep hearing about this kid named Bean that the Sabres like.

youtube.com/watch?v=xx7dL6PmZyE

Dr. Lecter
05-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Guhle has a better chance to be in Buffalo than the 8th pick, even if it's the first Dman drafted.

Franson is here next year too, for better or worse.

JATMtheJATM
05-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Guhle has a better chance to be in Buffalo than the 8th pick, even if it's the first Dman drafted.

Franson is here next year too, for better or worse.

Guhle really impressed in his ATO with rochester. He's a second pairing guy

Dr. Lecter
05-05-2016, 01:34 PM
And he can't play in Rochester next year.

Wish Chern and I (and Historian) luck - I am getting in the lottery to be able to get draft tickets.

JATMtheJATM
05-05-2016, 01:47 PM
And he can't play in Rochester next year.

Wish Chern and I (and Historian) luck - I am getting in the lottery to be able to get draft tickets.

I know, it sucks. I believe Martin can go to rochester though next year.

DetDannyWilliams
06-04-2016, 04:02 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Impressing at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NHLCombine?src=hash">#NHLCombine</a>: Jakob Chychrun. The D-man from <a href="https://twitter.com/StingHockey">@StingHockey</a> ranks Top 5 in multiple categories. <a href="https://t.co/4nwS3WQong">pic.twitter.com/4nwS3WQong</a></p>&mdash; Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/739154949414760448">June 4, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ckg927
06-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Here's the funny thing: Chychrun could certainly help Buffalo, presuming he's drafted by us.

Then again, he could drop in the first round. It happens more often than you think.

Ginger Vitis
06-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Chychrun has potentially fallen out of the top 5 and is not the clear cut best defensemen in this draft due to perceived lack of hockey smarts

JATMtheJATM
06-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Chychrun has potentially fallen out of the top 5 and is not the clear cut best defensemen in this draft due to perceived lack of hockey smarts

Been reading there are rumors the sabres really wanna move up to 4th for Edmontons pick. Might be dangling 8 and pysyk

ckg927
06-05-2016, 08:34 AM

London's Olli Juolevi and Windsor's Mikhail Sergachev lapped Chychrun for that honor. (Olli's pegged as a two-way defender, Mikhail as an offensive defenseman.)

He was ranked #8 by ISS and #9 by The Hockey News. In their profile, they quote a scout as saying "He's a big guy who will play in the league for a long time to come. His game is still evolving-we haven't even seen the best of him yet." Jakob doesn't have too many cracks in his game(aside from getting deked out of his skates by another '15 draft contender, Max Jones).

- - - Updated - - -

Been reading there are rumors the sabres really wanna move up to 4th for Edmontons pick. Might be dangling 8 and pysyk

If it's from The Usual Suspects(you know who I'm referring to....:D ), take it with a container of salt.

JATMtheJATM
06-05-2016, 10:38 AM
London's Olli Juolevi and Windsor's Mikhail Sergachev lapped Chychrun for that honor. (Olli's pegged as a two-way defender, Mikhail as an offensive defenseman.)

He was ranked #8 by ISS and #9 by The Hockey News. In their profile, they quote a scout as saying "He's a big guy who will play in the league for a long time to come. His game is still evolving-we haven't even seen the best of him yet." Jakob doesn't have too many cracks in his game(aside from getting deked out of his skates by another '15 draft contender, Max Jones).

- - - Updated - - -

If it's from The Usual Suspects(you know who I'm referring to....:D ), take it with a container of salt.

I saw baker talking about it yesterday

Ginger Vitis
06-05-2016, 02:29 PM

If that is true the Sabres should take Matthew Tkachuk.. None of the defensemen CKG mentioned I think are good value @4 and not worth giving up pysyk

JATMtheJATM
06-05-2016, 05:05 PM
If that is true the Sabres should take Matthew Tkachuk.. None of the defensemen CKG mentioned I think are good value @4 and not worth giving up pysyk

That's what it seems to be

JATMtheJATM
06-05-2016, 11:01 PM
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/top-defense-prospect-jakob-chychrun-happy-sabres/

casdhf
06-06-2016, 07:20 AM
How far away is this guy from being NHL ready? I would assume at least a year.

JATMtheJATM
06-06-2016, 09:17 AM

I would imagine. I'd really like to see the CHL/NHL agreement worked on. It's been a hotbutton topic lately. Chychrun is likely ready for minor league minutes.

ckg927
06-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Besides, Olli and Mikhail will be gone before Buffalo picks at #8. We don't need a D who can QB a power play. And Tkachuk will be gone, too.

And I don't want to see Pysyk go either.

JATMtheJATM
06-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Besides, Olli and Mikhail will be gone before Buffalo picks at #8. We don't need a D who can QB a power play. And Tkachuk will be gone, too.

And I don't want to see Pysyk go either.

I don't think murray would take mikhail anyways.

ckg927
06-06-2016, 02:18 PM
For the record: The new issue of The Hockey News did a feature on how they THINK round 1 will go...and they saw Sergachev go #9 to Montreal("a great option because he's responsible and well-rounded. He won't need much more junior time"). As for Buffalo, they see Mississauga RW Alex Nylander("With Jack Eichel leading the future down the middle,the Sabres could use playmates on the wings-and few can match the dazzle factor of Nylander, who played the left wing in the OHL").

They also peg Chychrun going #5 to Vancouver.

JATMtheJATM
06-06-2016, 07:16 PM
There's so many scenarios right now, and so many pieces I want to add at around 8, it's hard for me. I'd love to get another d-man to build with risto, but I also want a potential top line winger to pair with eichel. There's so much buffalo can use going forward

Ginger Vitis
06-07-2016, 08:36 AM

Yes he needs another year in the OHL

JATMtheJATM
06-07-2016, 08:48 AM
Yes he needs another year in the OHL

Exactly