PDA

View Full Version : Bills release Jarius Wynn and two others

Ed
05-02-2016, 02:28 PM
The Bills have released Wynn and two other players. Wynn is significant because it saves the team $1 mil in cap space. I always figured he'd be let go eventually.

I'm assuming Adolphus Washington will now take his number 92 since that's what he wore in college.

Mike Rodak:

The Bills have released veteran defensive end Jarius Wynn. He tore his ACL last summer and missed the entire season. The Bills were converting Wynn to outside linebacker this offseason but their first-round selection of Shaq Lawson likely affected those plans. The team also waived two first-year players, center Ronald Patrick and cornerback Merrill Noel, on Monday.

The Jokeman
05-02-2016, 04:13 PM
And the question is do we use the free money in some more veterans depth? Like bring Rambo back? Or find a veteran DE or true NT?

Ed
05-02-2016, 04:23 PM
And the question is do we use the free money in some more veterans depth? Like bring Rambo back? Or find a veteran DE or true NT?
As of right now I would guess that it will just go into the pool of money they want to keep for moves during the season.

Mace
05-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Even more astonishing, they cut CB Merrill Noel and C Ronald Patrick too. Never would have seen those coming. Now I'm stuck with that stupid Patrick jersey.

X-Era
05-03-2016, 03:43 AM
And the question is do we use the free money in some more veterans depth? Like bring Rambo back? Or find a veteran DE or true NT?In theory TJ Barnes is the NT. Does Rex's system use a NT? Or does it feature multiple DT's that can line up at the nose to keep the offense guessing?

DraftBoy
05-03-2016, 06:22 AM
In theory TJ Barnes is the NT. Does Rex's system use a NT? Or does it feature multiple DT's that can line up at the nose to keep the offense guessing?

I addressed this with Mystic already but I don't see how or why we're defaulting Barnes NT.

OpIv37
05-03-2016, 06:53 AM
I thought Wynn was decent as a back- up/rotational guy but no huge loss.

Buffalogic
05-03-2016, 08:28 AM
I addressed this with Mystic already but I don't see how or why we're defaulting Barnes NT.I'm confused by this appointment as well. Seems like that notion is gaining momentum around here but I'm not sure why a guy who has 1 career start is now suddenly an every game first stringer.

Mahdi
05-03-2016, 08:35 AM
I think everyone is just confused/surprised that we have no recognizable NT on the roster which has always been a staple of a Rex defense.

He said he wants to play his D but he doesn't seem to have the right pieces...

EDS
05-03-2016, 12:43 PM
I think everyone is just confused/surprised that we have no recognizable NT on the roster which has always been a staple of a Rex defense.

He said he wants to play his D but he doesn't seem to have the right pieces...

Rex and Whaley will use this fact to leverage another year of paychecks.

feldspar
05-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Even more astonishing, they cut CB Merrill Noel and C Ronald Patrick too. Never would have seen those coming. Now I'm stuck with that stupid Patrick jersey.

You should have went for the Beavers jersey, no matter what team he's on.

When are you going to learn your lesson?

And here I was going to buy you the Noel jersey for Christmas...too late for that trash, I suppose. But it seemed like an appropriate idea at the time. At this point, I suggest you get a professional to put "Fitz" in front of your "Patrick" jersey, and then paint it whatever team colors our old pal ends up on. Cannot go wrong, as where there is life, there is hope.

Victor7
05-03-2016, 04:20 PM
****ty news for Wynn who was asked to drop weight to covert to LB only to be cut.

But in the grand scheme of things its a non issue for the Bills. He's good depth but hardly a rough loss for the team.