PDA

View Full Version : Gronk makes coverof Madden

sudzy
05-12-2016, 04:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/patriots-te-rob-gronkowski-makes-madden-cover-223014865--nfl.html

Hopefully the Madden curse will follow?

OpIv37
05-12-2016, 04:20 PM
So tired of him. Yeah, I hope he gets the Madden curse and either gets hurt or just tanks. But he'll probably have his usual stat-padding 250 yards and 4 TD's in the two games against us.

Ingtar33
05-12-2016, 04:24 PM
I think the dude is hilarious.

I can't imagine how that arrogant curmudgeon Bill Belichick actually puts up with him; just the idea of him reacting to all the nonsense Gronk gets into keeps me amused. When you combine that fantasy with one about that arrogant ***** Brady dealing with the ego blow every time he turns on the TV that Gronk might possibly be the only generally "loved" member of his football squad, for some reason just cracks me up.

YardRat
05-12-2016, 04:27 PM
**** Gronk and everything New England.

Mace
05-12-2016, 04:35 PM
I think the dude is hilarious.

I can't imagine how that arrogant curmudgeon Bill Belichick actually puts up with him; just the idea of him reacting to all the nonsense Gronk gets into keeps me amused. When you combine that fantasy with one about that arrogant ***** Brady dealing with the ego blow every time he turns on the TV that Gronk might possibly be the only generally "loved" member of his football squad, for some reason just cracks me up.

I was thinking the same thing about Gronk and Belichick, but I think there is more humor to Belichick outside football than he shows, and more serious to Gronk once football starts that he shows.

If you look at some of Belichick's comments and press conferences through the years, they were really designed to be funny with Belichick's straight faced demeanor and deadpan delivery. Every rare while you can see him want to laugh before he returns to stoic after looking down and shuffling his papers.

By the same token, Gronkowski might still talk some during the season, but he's all business when it comes to the football.

Instead of the Madden curse though, I want to see the Bills contain him because they can contain him, because if they can't, well, they still just aren't good enough to.

Mace
05-12-2016, 04:38 PM

Made me laugh. You're consistent.

Oaf
05-12-2016, 07:48 PM

He's a local guy too. If he was a Bill, I'm sure he'd be a fan fav.

OpIv37
05-12-2016, 07:57 PM

That makes it worse. I get it- he doesn't get to pick which team drafted him and has his rights. It's not his fault. But at the same time, his success causes misery for his friends and family and all the people that supported him growing up.

feldspar
05-13-2016, 02:01 AM
That makes it worse. I get it- he doesn't get to pick which team drafted him and has his rights. It's not his fault. But at the same time, his success causes misery for his friends and family and all the people that supported him growing up.

If I'm Rob Gronkowski, the #1 team on my wish list to be drafted by is New England. Gotta figure that he wouldn't have seen nearly as much success elsewhere, outside of a couple of few places...maybe. But the Patriots were the perfect landing spot for him and his career. Hands down. Sure, WE hate Brady and Belichick, but they put Gronk in pretty much the ideal situation for him. Maybe he's sentimental about the Bills having come from the area, but business is business.

I'm sure his friends and family are thrilled by his success if they're worth anything. A person you care about is WAY more important than a football game. Me? I don't know him. I guess part of me thinks "local boy does good" vague pride kind of thing, but I can't really root for him. Seems a little too idiotic for my taste but, like I said, I don't know him. I'm a big fan of his brother though. Lol.

YardRat
05-13-2016, 03:38 AM

Of course he would be...that can be said about almost any player that isn't a Bill regardless of where their hometown is.

That's right, and 'business is business'. If a 'local boy' is expected to re-prioritize his loyalties because a different team is cutting his paycheck, then fans should be expected to do the same regarding the player. Gronk's being a 'local boy' becomes a non-factor when he's sportin' the opposition's colors.

Joe Fo Sho
05-13-2016, 06:49 AM
I hate how much I like Gronk.

Victor7
05-13-2016, 09:30 AM
Madden curse please !!

At least for the 2 games vs them.

sudzy
05-13-2016, 03:59 PM
I hate how much I like Gronk.

If he was a Bill, I'm pretty sure he would be my favorite Bill.

DynaPaul
05-15-2016, 07:19 AM
That does it, he'll be in a full body cast by the end of the season.